Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:05:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:01:58 AM]

[Today at 10:06:12 AM]

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: PRODUCT REVIEWS  (Read 65281 times)

sharky

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile monkeyfacenews
  • Date Registered: May 2007
Xtools pliers are more durable.

Be aware that these Xtools dont aways float. I watched with my own eyes when one of our members tossed it to another and missed the catch and we watched this thing disappear into the depths.  :smt044

Mine went straight to the bottom of the Port. Gently rolled over the edge of my kayak and kept going. Never even tried to float.
I HATE those Xtools. Because the handles are plastic and bend, you can't get enough clamping power to remove a hook embedded in bone. They don't float. They are a flimsy plastic waste of time and money imo.

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
multi use tool - ideal for kayak ocean fishing.

1. Bent nose - so you can get a better view of the hook your trying to remove from the fish (especially for toothy fish - sharks, big lings and halibut)

2. spring loaded - easier on to open

3. wire cutter - in case you get yourself hooked

* just make sure to wash it down and oil after *

http://www.uxcell.com/wire-cutter-black-red-plastic-handle-bent-nose-pliers-p-96578.html

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
I've gone through a lot of gloves for winter fishing (kayaking,paddle boarding,scootering) and finally got this (for Xmas)

made by simms - I believe California Fly Shop in San Carlos has 'em....

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile

Salty.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Well I thought I'd post a quick review of my Hobie Gear Keeper retractable leash. I've been using this for five years now to leash my Hobie lip grippers to my kayak & this last time out fishing it finally failed to retract after I released a fish & went to put it back in the mesh side pocket of my kayak. But for five years it held up to literally hundreds of outings, continuous saltwater dunkings, & many many angry out of control fish pulling the cable HARD after I lost my grip on the lip grippers & they went in the water with BIG fish still attached. This device has saved me a lot of missed fish pictures & fish meals. i don't know if it's usual for one to last 5 years but I'm really pleased with this product & I'll be buying another one right away.   :smt001

Scurvy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
The swiveling joint on these pliers will not rust, the jaws are rust resistant metal not plastic, and they float. Even with the leash they float. I had a pair of the plastic jawed ones and the jaws wore out. So far these are not showing any signs of wear. These are the 9" long model. jim

Jim, what's the make and model of these pliers?  Where to get??

TIA, Bradley