Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Official PIF report  (Read 7506 times)

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
PIF was more than expected. Porky and family looked great and it was an honor to personally meet you all. Your wife's speech had me  :smt010, it was awesome.
me too......but i hid it...like i always do.
Glad I wasn't the only one who was choked up :smt010

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Such an awesome event and cause!  I am super bummed I couldn't make it this year, but you guys make me proud to be NCKA!!

Nice buckle too!!
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

• Just call me...Roberts
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Please stop thanking me.  Like I said,  I know I'm a noob and you guys have been taking me in as part of YOUR family.  Money does not mean (to) much to me compared to the knowledge I've been getting from everyone one.
Danglin, for getting me into the madness with HOW. Rider, showing me the peace it brings on my very first HOW experience( plus his daughter  teaching me self rescue on!!). Rockfish and Weimarian took me fishing on my birthday (ok..I had to meet them because I missed the alarm). Rockfish's son and my kid are now good friends. Mr. Matt showing me what's up with my hometown rivers and going to be getting me trying some fly fishing....    And so on.....  All.... Thanks to YOU guys... To me, that's what's Pay It Forward is all about. 

And Porky,  I felt bad for buying more tickets for myself then buying you more!!  I have a 3y/o and #2 on the way... If I even think about my family having to go through...any sort of pain...yea...let's just say..... I think EVERY PERSON ON HERE IS PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY for your strength.  You deserve a glow-in-the-dark kayak and every Penney we can give you.

To end it,  I'll take up on the offer to come an use the yak, but again, I'm a noob. Give me a year, or so, to get some freshwater experience under my yak and even then, I'll rather have you just as a guide and bro (I'm on the Dark Side. I like my hobie).

Common sense is not common.

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
JustRobberts,

Last one, thank you! Pretty cool that hailey pulled the ticket you put in the box! A real trip. Still buzzing from the whole event.

Anytime, your always welcome in SC or to use your new Kayak, Ill join you anytime! By the way, were right by Capitola, its very often lake like, or theres always Stillwater Cove for better fishing!

FisHunter, I've got pretty good at hiding it too :)

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
One more shout out to all the donors of PIF prizes this year and in all past years!!!!

We did our best to acknoweldge donors throughout the raffle, and anybody there heard the names Deva FishFlogger, Eric YakHopper, Amadeo Bachar and Alex Bulldog as donors of LOTS of prizes!!

Huge thanks to you guys!!

And...In particular want to thank those who have donated grand prize kayaks over the years...Jackson Kayak for this year's Cuda14, Dpshim for the OK T15 last year, Santa Cruz Kayaks for the Raptor the year before, Alshobie for the OK T13 the year before that and Karen and Mark from Hook1 for the WS yak at our very first PIF in Santa Cruz in 2010!!

:smt008

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:36:21 PM by BigJim »

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
100% Agree with everything you said here Jim, very Thankful!

One more shout out to all the donors of PIF prizes this year and in all past years!!!!

We did our best to acknoweldge donors throughout the raffle, and anybody there heard the names Deva FishFlogger, Eric YakHopper, Amadeo Bachar and Alex Bulldog as donors of LOTS of prizes!!

Huge thanks to you guys!!

And...In particular want to thank to those who have donated grand prize kayaks over the years...Jackson Kayak for this year's Cuda14, Dpshim for the OK T15 last year, Santa Cruz Kayaks for the Raptor the year before, Alshobie for the OK T15 the year before that and Karen and Mark from Hook1 for the WS yak at our very PIF in Santa Cruz in 2010!!

:smt008

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Wow, thats pretty heavy indeed, way to go NCKA!
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Great report! Good job to the A-Hulls, all of the volunteers and NCKA members for making this so successful!

Sorry we weren't able to attend this year. PIF has always been one of our favorite events.

Al

trianglelaguna

• Sea Lion
  • put the lotion in the basket
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
There were so many folks doing stuff that it was seamless from parking our car to when we left....not one single bump or stall and I also wanted to mention that CENCOAST - Patrick was a great flow and entertaining m.c on the raffle call outs
thanks Pat
and Sara and Al and Adam and everyone who helped Amy feel at home ....she said when we were otw and she showed up to unload some stuff ,folks were just great ,said she had great time-what a group
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:26:54 PM by trianglelaguna »
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

People aren’t supposed to look back. I’m certainly not going to do it anymore.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Wow, really sounds magical! Glad everyone had a great time. Still kicking myself for missing this one. I was hooked after my first one last year. God bless to all that made this possible.

I really don't know you Porky, but I pray for your daughter's quick full recovery. Hope everything goes well.

Herb

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Marines don't shed tears of sadness . They are tears of JOY !!! Darn it ! :smt044. I couldn't  have been more happier on the outcome of this event.

Sorry "JUSTROBERTS" but you are definitely part of the Magic . Just take the thanks. Your gesture was a blessing. :smt001 .

Alex
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Wow, really sounds magical! Glad everyone had a great time. Still kicking myself for missing this one. I was hooked after my first one last year. God bless to all that made this possible.

I really don't know you Porky, but I pray for your daughter's quick full recovery. Hope everything goes well.

Herb

You won a few raffle prizes, bro.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Sorry "JUSTROBERTS" but you are definitely part of the Magic . Just take the thanks. Your gesture was a blessing. :smt001 .
Yeah man, that was such a classy move...such a cool gesture. And somehow it turned out to be THE ticket. So, thanks for making it happen!

This was such a fun event. It was successful because everyone made it that way. Thank you to everyone who attended, participated, donated, volunteered, and won prizes. I'm repeatedly amazed by the generosity and kindness of this community. And the enthusiasm is infectious!

When Hailey drew the final winning ticket for the kayak and handed it to me, I couldn't believe it...like some sort of karmic redemption that you couldn't make up. Porky won the yak! He immediately told us that we should respin...hahaha he probably thought we rigged it or something!  :smt005   But he had 4 or 5 tickets in the hopper that other people (ahem, JustRoberts!) bought in his name. That puts the odds at about 80 to 1 ($8400 / 20 - 100 prizes / 4 tix). Although that's a rough estimate...after I got home, I counted all the winning tickets in my pockets and there were 86 plus the unclaimed prizes. That's a lot of prizes! My voice was all jacked up last night hahaha.
Sara posted a video of the final ticket on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/826744630671029/

I fished for halibut by the hotel with Texas and later Howard. At one point, I saw a diver pull a big halibut into his zodiac so I know they were around. I slow-trolled a squid on 1 rod and a live mac on the other. When I hooked up around 10am on the squid, I immediately knew it was a beast. It slowly towed me in one direction, then changed course and I applied some pressure to turn it...that's when it rocketed horizontally and I my mind started racing...wsb, shark, salmon, seal? After about 10 minutes I got color and it was a damned batray! My PB for sure at about 50lbs...but definitely NOT a wsb!

OK picture time! Wish I took more.

There was bait everywhere...

Victor hooked up.

Thisguy

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:48:19 PM by Cen Coast »
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

MrsPorky

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
I wanted to send out my thanks to everyone!  Hailey is such a sweet and special little girl.  These past few months have literally been an emotional roller coaster.  We still do not have all the answers as far as Hailey's condition...anytime that infamous cough comes, I am right back in the PICU emotionally/mentally.  I will ask my husband, porky, what he thinks we should do because I am emotionally taxed out at times.  Watching my daughter hooked up to a CPAP machine fighting for her life, haunts me every single night...

Knowing that we were the PIF recipient while we were in the hospital helped me relax and to concentrate on Hailey.  Hearing your words and prayers till this day, makes me cry...those words got us thru while at Lucile Packard. 

I said it in my speech, thanks just does not seem enough...but thank you so much.  NCKA family will always be part of The Pass Family.  I love all of you.

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
.... And we all love your family!!!!!!