Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:33:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:07:13 PM]

[Today at 08:09:27 PM]

[Today at 07:50:07 PM]

[Today at 07:29:14 PM]

[Today at 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[Today at 06:21:18 PM]

[Today at 06:03:14 PM]

[Today at 06:03:07 PM]

[Today at 06:01:09 PM]

[Today at 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[Today at 05:23:24 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Bendo at Lake Mendo but had to work for them!  (Read 1613 times)

jdyak

• Salmon
  • Joel fishing Linda Mar Creek 06
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Ken and I drove up around 4:30am Saturday and arrived around 7:30 at Lake Mendo.  Conditions were awesome, warm weather and the Lake was flat with no wind.  Stayed this way until around 1:00pm.  Sean, Leah and their two daughters, Paige and Elsie showed up around 1:00pm and we paddled out to try and find the fish.  Sean loaded both his daughters in the X Factor,  and Leah paddled a smaller Cobra.  We tried trolling for about an hour, but no luck.  Elsie fell asleep in sean's lap so he had to go, but we had a great time with the white family.  I stayed out until about 4:00 pm and that was it for me.  It was way to windy and with a slight cold, it was time to come in.  Ken came in about 2 hours later and caught a 5 lb Striper.

After setting camp, and having hotdogs and chili for dinner, it was lights out around 9:30pm.  Woke up around 7:15am had breakfast and we headed back to the north end.  Conditions were overcast and windy not like saturday.  We trolled across the lake and headed into crappie cove.  We did one drift in and then started to paddle back out.  I was marking fish in about 40 to 50 ft. of water when all of a sudden my reel starts screaming out line.  This was on my light action setup.  Fought the fish for a good 15 minutes and netted a stocky male striper.  Ken hooked a smaller one after but the winds were to strong for us to continue fishing. Talked with Lee and his wife on the tandem when we were paddling in.   Off the water by 12:30.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.  - Herculites -
2006 NCKA BAM 1st place Catfish Winner

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
Nice beer!   :smt030   I mean ... fish!  

-Allen

Anonymous

My fish was atleast 6 lbs and the other one was 18  lbs 1/2 inches.  The Six was done by trolling.  All the rest have been drifting.

Alot of males...very few females....  

Ken kickfish

yakster101

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
18 pounds is a big fish. What were you using?

Lee Poston

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Well John, when I saw you and Ken all bundled up Iwas concerned. We headed for the cove you pointed out, and then the wind came hard; not to mention that we hadn't been on the tandom together for a long time. So getting slapped aroud a bit  we decided to tuck in around that island and headed for the dam, then we called it a day(too cold). No bites. At least we had some abs for dinner. It was wild how quick the wind whipped up the water. Congrates to you and Ken for your well earned fish.  Lee

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
I think Ken means 18.5 inches, not 18 lbs, at least that is what he told me on the phone.

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Sorry I couldn't stay longer.  Between my mom in town and Elsie in my lap it was busy this weekend.  It was blowing hard at the lake again today.  I will let you guys know when things get more productive.  Thanks for letting my try your boats.

anything