Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:59:11 PM]

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 09:05:54 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Fun at Mendo with the Hurt family  (Read 1520 times)

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
We delivered some boats to a super nice couple from Covelo who are brand new to yak fishing, but not kayaking.  Wayne wanted to try and catch fish when he picked em up.  I set up everyones gear and we were off.  We all paddled over to the zone for some action...

I got a short strike on the way.  Unfortunately the zone wasn't happening.  We trolled a ways back and I spotted a small boil in the distance.  We trolled over the top and Wayne was ON.

After a nice little ride Wayne landed his first fish off a yak.  He was HAPPY!

What really hit me after today was the fact that every single customer we have had, and every person we have met through yak fishing are just plain nice people.  Not sure why this activity draws such a nice crowd, but I love it.

BTW-the lake is looking back to prime shape.  Should go WFO again any day.

jeffw

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Hey Sean.....How has the lake been with all of the NWest spring wind these past few days. Does it chop up really bad in the afternoon or can you fish through?

Anonymous

It has been warm and sunny with no wind the last few days.  It can get pretty messy out there, but there is usually some place to get out of it.

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Sean,

Nice pictures again!

Those X Factors look pretty sweet.  I like how they sit high and dry.

Are you installing rod holders and FF's on the new kayaks?  That would be a big plus for your biz.  None of the shops here in the bay area offer that type of specialty.

For a first timer, its pretty nerve wrecking to drill holes into a new kayak.  

Stuart

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Stu-Thanks.  Yes we will set up a boat as completely as a customer would like it.  Wayne wanted his boat ready to go, so he picked up his boat with the works, including a Matrix 17 and multiple rod holders.  Some people a definitely nervous about the posibilities of drilling away on a new boat, others just don't want to deal with it.  There is no charge for this service when someone buys a boat from us.

The x-factor is has been quite a surprise.  It is big but nice to paddle.  Super dry, super stable, quiet, and a ton of room.  Its not the fastest, but it is fast enough, and way faster than most boats in this class.  It has been a HUGE success, and we cannot keep them in stock.

What you couldnt see in these pics is I had my 2 daughters in my kayak!