Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: HOOK UPPPPP!! @ POINT PINOS  (Read 3687 times)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
point pinos launch (  n36 28. 191 w121 56 .218) this is were we will meet , for who ever wants to join me weather premiting. i do plan on padding around to san carlos boat ramp, i am luckly i can walk home in five min. yak in tow. as for the bottom yes it is  rock ,sand and kelp forest. we can reach very deep water very close to shore :smt005 , no more than a mile, bait fish are always in this area. i would aasume a early morning launch would be best. i planned on being there around 5:30 a.m. so we can hit at first light. who knows mybe someone will get luckly with a white sea bass, when they a round they like this area :smt020. well  i will post this in the hook up section. ciao for now. may we all have tight lines chef/steve  :fishing1  :fishing2
live life to the fullest!!!!

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
this seems as good a place as any to try for them on openning day.  I might join you if it isn't too windy.

I'll keep an eye on the weather report and post towards the end of the week.

Kevin

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Chef,
That's sounds like a good plan if the weather is right.  There is a SLIGHT chance I can go.
You got me thinking about the opener.  The two safest kayak lauches with a decent chance of getting into them would probably be Pt Pinos or Davenport.  Both are outside the "protection" of Monterey Bay, so it could get ugly, weather wise.

Given Pt Pinos is a shorter paddle, it's safer if the weather turns.   I'll be checking my schedule and the weather.

Stuart

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
Assuming the weather is good I am in. The mix of sand and reefs seem like it might be good for halibut as well?? Just thinking it would be good for a plan b if the salmon are not around.

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
If it looks too rough near Pt Pinos, Del Monte beach is close by and we can try for halibut.  It might be too early for halibut, though.  

Stu - not interested in doing the Davenport marathon for salmon again!  That was brutal last year.

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
I have friends coming to town Saturday so I am fishing Sunday instead. Looking forward to the report guys!

jnthn

Could we gat a street intersection for the launch?  I have no GPS so the numbers don't help me.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
well guys check the contotions, they look good on many fronts. there has been alot bait fish off pinos, the humback have been feeding on them. there looks to be good water temps for holding salmon. the moon phases is good, the hunger for fresh ocean king salmon is huge :smt007 . the wind forcast is 5 to 15 the stronger in the afthernoon, which at this point means it can be classy all day i have seen it before. but i have also seen it go in the oppesite direction too. the swell is 4 to 8 feet which may be  a problem depending on direction, the launch is very shealter thought, but the tide is going to be-.06 around 12ish. i will post more tommow on stiution. and last but not least with all good signs of salmon off pinos there may be more boats out there :smt017 . tight lines chefstefano

as for a cross street there really is not one you can't miss it. it is the only turn out with a rock island that has grass on it. and plus if it is a go then you will see my blue subura outback there, with my bright red yak.

joal the salmon king aren't you thinking about coming down :smt061  :fishing1
live life to the fullest!!!!

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Chef - I'll be there. Looking forward!  :smt023

Thanks for the report!

guest Brian G

Anyone up for camping at sunset or new brighton saturday night? I'll get a site if anyone else wants to stay...victory cigars?

-Brian

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
I'm up for that Brian - you still have my cell # ?

guest Brian G

sunset is further south closer to moss, new brighton is up on the hill near capitola ( food and services are close here ). I still have your cell #. I'll call after I get off work in a couple hours.
-Brian

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I got reservations for site 8 at new brighton, saturday night. Anyone is welcome to crash at the site. Site holds two vehicles but we'll get more parking if needed. Extra vehicles just have to pay the 7 or so dollars for overnight parking.

jnthn

"point pinos launch ( n36 28. 191 w121 56 .218)"

When I use those numbers I get Carmel Highlands.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=200402371&mode=sequential&flags=0&year=current

How about just the road the launch point  is on then?  Maybe I just take Hwy68 to the ocean and turn left?

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
might have Kathy the baitcatcher with me. She'll fish a sabiki and supply us with fresh bait. She might not want to go out if its rough though.

-Brian