Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:51:53 AM]

[Today at 10:49:39 AM]

[Today at 10:15:09 AM]

[Today at 07:23:39 AM]

[Today at 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: ProYaker fish kill bag  (Read 2932 times)

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
2019 Hobie Outback
2017 Hobie Adventure Island
2016 Santa Cruz Raptor G2 - Surf/stability champ!
2015 Hobie Revolution 16 - Speedster
2016 NuCanoe Frontier 12 - Extra stable with crazy load capability

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Rods and Reels: http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=88549.0 (Shimanos, Casting/Spinning Rods + Reels

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
No, haven’t tried it but am ready to fish bag fish for chillin’ and safety purposes.This just came in the mail yesterday.  Stoked and it should fit in my hatch.  In my hatch I hope it’s functional. It has a some storage pockets as well because it is actually a backpack.  Dakine Ulua Fish Bag

https://www.dakine.com/products/ulua-fish-pack-large?variant=29226423648336&gclid=CjwKCAjw_qb3BRAVEiwAvwq6VlPJ9JSflvTTxSm7ENzIj3qtFvBZ9Ew14NYK7JRfSUlhvv9TNUBKQBoCnpoQAvD_BwE
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:29:41 AM by Eddie »
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
Back in the day we just used gunny sacks and got them wet once in a while.  I have 2 friends who still do. Too many choices these days.  :smt004
2018 Hobie Revolution 13 Cheeesy Orange Papaya
2019 Hobie Revolution 11 Seagrass Green

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile
No, haven’t tried it but am ready to fish bag fish for chillin’ and safety purposes.This just came in the mail yesterday.  Stoked and it should fit in my hatch.  In my hatch I hope it’s functional. It has a some storage pockets as well because it is actually a backpack.  Dakine Ulua Fish Bag

https://www.dakine.com/products/ulua-fish-pack-large?variant=29226423648336&gclid=CjwKCAjw_qb3BRAVEiwAvwq6VlPJ9JSflvTTxSm7ENzIj3qtFvBZ9Ew14NYK7JRfSUlhvv9TNUBKQBoCnpoQAvD_BwE
Good find, Eddie!  Great pricing too!  'looking forward to a review.  Let's see how it does with limits!
2019 Hobie Outback

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Rods and Reels: http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=88549.0 (Shimanos, Casting/Spinning Rods + Reels

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile
Back in the day we just used gunny sacks and got them wet once in a while.  I have 2 friends who still do. Too many choices these days.  :smt004

I still do  :smt007   I am always on the lookout for Total Blood Containment though  :smt044
2019 Hobie Outback

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Waywardmanini

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2020
Nice bag Eddie,  but what if your Ulua bigga than da bag? Nahh only kidding.  I'm going to order that bag,thanks.

BsHawk

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2020
Both look like nice bags to store your catch.  The first one looks like you attach to the forward portion of your kayak.  Curious how the extra weight up front affects the handling of the kayak?
2020 Hobie Outback Camo

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Problem with those gunny sacks is they are so hard to clean afterwards

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile

Go to a coffee shop and see if they are willing to give you those for free.  Not starbucks, moms n pops coffee shops.  As for me, I spray water and let it stew in the sun until the next trip.  First thing I do when I am on the way is to dip it in the water, a tradition of some kind lol.
2019 Hobie Outback

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Fear58

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2020
I'm new to kayak fishing and getting all the gear I need to hit the ocean -- a catch bag is on my list.

I was just planning on using a burlap sack, but then I saw someone Eddie mention "safety purposes". Is this because of blood containment and sharks? How big of a deal is keeping fish in something like this vs a sack that can seep through?

Also Eddie, what is the widthxheight on that bag? Looks like Dakine isn't listing the specs. Thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 02:28:58 PM by Fear58 »

bdon

• Salmon
  • View Profile
In my opinion a cooler/catch bag is a crucial piece of equipment.   I have 2 - Roll Catch Cooler and the Reliable Kayak fish bag.

Both are good, Roll Catch is a great price at $70.  Personally I'm not worried about leaking bags and sharks, I bleed my fish in the water anyways, however the Roll Catch is water proof and Reliable is not.

Reliable says a leaking bag is better because your fish won't sit in slime/water but rather sit in ice.   I don't know if that's better or just a marketing tactic for a leaky bag.  But either way they both are fine in my experience.

Fish quality is important to me.  I bleed my fish immediately after catching, if I'm not too lazy I run a wire through the spinal column, and put on ice in the bag.  I bring 1 7lb bag of ice with me along with ice packs (Cooler Shock) or frozen water bottles and this stays cold all day.

It's great to not be worried about fish getting hot and to come home to ice cold fish to process.

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Go to a coffee shop and see if they are willing to give you those for free.  Not starbucks, moms n pops coffee shops.  As for me, I spray water and let it stew in the sun until the next trip.  First thing I do when I am on the way is to dip it in the water, a tradition of some kind lol.
The big plastic rice bags work great too and easier to clean.

123engineering

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017

Hi Eddie

Please let us know how you like this bag ($80).  I have been looking at Reliable Kayak Bag ($150).  You provide a great alternative.  I have several Dakine snowboarding and kiteboarding products and very happy with them.  Also, they provide great support.

Paul
Paul C.

YouTube: Kayak Fishing Couple
2018 Hobie Oasis Papaya & Grey
2022 Hobie Outback Papaya
2017 Hobie Outback Camo Sold
2014 Hobie Revolution 13 Red - Sold
CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln
2013 & 2019 Subaru Outback White

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010

That's actually a pretty good idea. Ikea actually sells one of their carry bags that you can zip close. The zipper track is nylon, but the pull zipper is metal I think. Might last for a bit. I bought a $5 cooler bag from Walmart, but the outside is not waterproof and will soak all the slime, blood, and salt water. Anyhow, keep us updated on that cooler Eddie.

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

That's actually a pretty good idea. Ikea actually sells one of their carry bags that you can zip close. The zipper track is nylon, but the pull zipper is metal I think. Might last for a bit. I bought a $5 cooler bag from Walmart, but the outside is not waterproof and will soak all the slime, blood, and salt water. Anyhow, keep us updated on that cooler Eddie.

Use the white rice bag from 99 Ranch after its empty.  :smt003

anything