Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:08:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Fishing and dive for abs out of ocean cove wed- sat  (Read 1091 times)

squidly

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I will be saying at ocean cove camp ground from wed august 2 through sun august 6 anyone game. you can find me by looking for big white F 250 with a red drifter on top . come by and say hi I would like to meet some members and get more actcive with the club.

TX jim ricker AKA SQUIDLY

JohnGuineaPig

• Sea Lion
  • ling cod will eat ling cod which will eat ling cod
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2005
i sure wish i coould . be careful as swells are supposed to be pretty good sized from now through the weekend. i have been to ocean cove on days which had high swells and man, it was pretty freaky. if its rough, pass on the kayak idea or head down south of OC to Fort Ross Cove, at least you should be able to get in there with the yak and paddle to the north end of the main cove.

Once a guy had an ocean kayak at OC and made it out. on the way in he got flopped by a wave and the kayak was pretty much bent in half. I never seen anything like that before. i think strong surge and swells coupled by the various shallow depths of the cove really makes for thick strong waves which can hurt.

I have only been out there once when the swells were big and I would probably not do it again. That place is creepy when its rough.

John

squidly

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Thanks john I will problly og to still water to launch my yak
                                                                                      Tx JIM ricker SQUIDLY

rockaway

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Squidly. I will be up that way this weekend little reggee on the river and fishing Sun morning at Salt Point.I will be staying there intill Mon.Would like to join you on Sun. I will monitor ch69 hope to see you there. Bill

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
My friend and I will be in the fort ross area on Saturday, if interested. I also monitor channel 69.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

anything