Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:20:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:09:54 AM]

[Today at 01:58:19 AM]

[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:10 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:35:28 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 07:39:42 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: No days left for BAM reg!!! Lets party!!!!  (Read 13617 times)

152 Sumo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
I am eager to go because of the fun/food/beer (not necessarily in that order).  I didn't even think about the fact that I could win a new kayak.  Last year was my first year and I was intimidated by all the folks that had fished with each other for years.  That was until I got there and everyone was friendly.  I still can't believe how many people on NCKA are willing to share with strangers just for the love of the camraderie and the fishing. 

People are offering rides, use of their kayaks, the other day 2 or 3 people offered to let me use their carts!!!!!!  Awesome!!!

Anyone that is thinking about it, you won't regret it, trust me.  I was "thinking" about it last year, and Dans964 talked me into it (after he gave me a beer).  I didn't regret it, and I will continue trying to make it to BAM.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:31:47 PM by 152 Sumo »

Mahi

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I just got off the lake. I had two striper on minnows, one smallmouth on a minnow, and a catfish on a artificial worm.

The water is stained, but was between 65 and 70 degrees. Looks like it's prime for the event!

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
For those who are reluctant to enter the derby, I have a feeling you might change your tune if you happen to find yourself over a school of hungry fish.
If you have never seen Stipers Busting the Surface you gotta go.I have seen fish feeding on the Surface but at Mendo I saw a bust that was a couple of Acres thousands of Stripers tossing themselves in the air it was amazing my mouth just sorta hung there I didn't even think of fishing or shooting pictures.
Group IQ is inversely proportional to the size of the group.

A Steelhead always knows where he is going, but a Man seldom does.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
click this*(below) look at ALL the people having  fun and then think of ONE good reason why YOU are NOT signing up for this END of YEAR EVENT! 
it could be you!, everyone looks at when you fart and try to duplicate the sound, but NO ONE cares and just laughs!...it could be you!
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,11206.msg102357.html#msg102357

Bring the family, inlaws, neighbors and/or the neighbors inlaws if need be!
send your $55.oo even if you can't make it......then be sure to come next year to hook some of the fish YOUR MONEY bought!

Man-Up, come out&come up!

Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Thanks for the support guys.  It seems weird that the site continues to grow, everyone has a great time, I have better prizes than ever...yet attendance is low. As of now I have 43 signed up.  Economy???  Who knows. 

Long and short of it if I took the time I spent at the MLPA, setting up Elk, and setting this up I have no doubt I would be winning AOTY and have WAF left to fish all of the events everyone else gets to go to.  If folks aren't going to make it worth the effort...I am going fishing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:13:34 PM by scwafish »

Frankfishing

I will also volunteer as a newby guide if your not sure about where to fish. I have caught some of the biggest fish out of that lake during my last tournment and would have won the first place if they had a catagory for Catfish :smt005.  I am serious about showing the ropes to a newby.  :smt006

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
Wow...

I'm shocked,

Come on Newbies, This site grows by 1 to 2 or more members a day, Nothing to be afraid of, all that will happen is you will...

1.  Catch Fish
 2. Meet kool people who like what you like
 3. realize your part of the Koolest Sport ever
 4. Learn something about fishing and if nothing else, The better side of Human nature
 5. and whole lot more!!!!

It's A Good Time!!!!   :smt004

and the possibility to 1 of 2 Kayaks, the Coveted belt Buckle???  Come On... No Brainier!!!!

I have no doubt I would be winning AOTY

My $$$$ is on You Scaw...  :fishing1
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
I will also volunteer as a newby guide if your not sure about where to fish. I have caught some of the biggest fish out of that lake during my last tournment and would have won the first place if they had a catagory for Catfish :smt005.  I am serious about showing the ropes to a newby.  :smt006
Sooo Tempting I guess I just better keep my mouth shut.

But that's a great offer Frank I'l do the same you bring the Chovies (oops) and I'll bring the hooks  
Group IQ is inversely proportional to the size of the group.

A Steelhead always knows where he is going, but a Man seldom does.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDERD SIXTY TWO members to date.
So out of a little over NINTEEN HUNDRED members we can't squeeze at least another 50 or so???
You gotta F#ING be kidding me??
Grow a pair fellas.

<=>

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
lake mendocino is the most exciting freshwater fishing i have ever experienced. i highly reccomend everyone come up and take a taste of the good life. In addition, it is the perfect venue for teaching your kids to fish. i will be bringing my six year old daughter natalie and my friend lyle is bringing his six year old leo. we plan on teaching them the aincent art of bendo at mendo.

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
lake mendocino is the most exciting freshwater fishing i have ever experienced. i highly reccomend everyone come up and take a taste of the good life. In addition, it is the perfect venue for teaching your kids to fish. i will be bringing my six year old daughter natalie and my friend lyle is bringing his six year old leo. we plan on teaching them the aincent art of bendo at mendo.

Oh ya,  The Fellas will be on deck... :smt052
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
.....what other lake has the chance for a GrandSlam!  Striper...Lrg.Mouth...*BIG*Sm.Mouth...&FranksCats!  (crappie too!) :smt008

.....if you can only make the tourney day (Sat.) , PLEASE COME UP!
the $55.oo is equal to "that" small bag of tackle we pick-up on our way to fish.
The fun, knowledge and experience WILL BE PRICELESS!
ORyourMONEYback!....(not really) :smt002

fishshim

• Sea Lion
  • thanks for the pic PAL!
  • View Profile Mark Shimizu Design-Jewelry
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Don't forget" Da Bling"  for a lucky angler..... :smt002

I'm workin hard on the 08 version right now.:smt119

These are the last two years.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 08:54:41 AM by fishshim »

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • Indecision may, or may not, be my problem...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
I gotta chime in here. A lot of folks talk about Elk being the best NCKA event. After being a member on this site for a little more than a year and a half and having been to both Elk and BAM, I gotta say that while Elk was a blast, my first Bendo at Mendo was still my favorite. I had never been to an NCKA event before and had only owned my yak for a couple months when my wife and I showed up. We were shocked.  :jawdrop
EVERYBODY was so nice to us! Mooch and FishHunter put me on a limit of striper, everyone shared the best food I have ever eaten while camping, and everyone treated us like old friends even though we had just met. BAM is an awesome event! I don't care if you have never fished for striped bass before, or if you just bought your first yak yesterday, if you come to BAM you will love it and you will learn more about fishing, paddling, and NCKA camaraderie than you ever could just by lurking and showing up to the occasional hook-up.

Bendo at Mendo is not to be missed no matter how much of an old salt or newb you are.  :beer3
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party. -Jimmy Buffett

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
We were shocked.  :jawdrop
EVERYBODY was so nice to us! Mooch and FishHunter put me on a limit of striper, everyone shared the best food I have ever eaten while camping, and everyone treated us like old friends even though we had just met.
:smt058     :party    REMEMBERINGlikeITwasYESTERDAY! :beer2 :smt055

Are the little doggies making the trip?  :smt002