Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:08:34 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:13:54 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:08:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:43:02 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:57:35 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Berryessa Salmon Slam Deux!  (Read 18561 times)

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
The wife and I had such a great time! Last year this was the first kayak tournament we ever participated in and it was great to see it grow to the event that it was this past weekend. We got in after the AOTY ceremony and were bummed we had to miss that but the party scene was still happening so we didn't feel left out.

Sunday morning Bill met us at our campsite and was excited since this was his first kayak tournament. We were some of the last kayaks to get on the water. On our way out, I let out my line on both rods and started trolling for salmon and shortly after I got a spotty. I thought that the rest of the day would be easy, lost a king 10 feet away from the yak and the rest was history. Bill on the other hand wasn't having a great start. Around 11 things changed for him. He netted a king and a trout and on the way in he was trying for a bass. Hopefully he gets on here and gives a report. It was great to see him take third in his first kayak tournament.

Special thanks to all those involved in making this great event happen, and all those that participate. Ricci and Christina and Jim for making this event go smoothly. Before we even left this event, my wife said she wanted to to GS6, these events are contagious.

Here are some photos from the day...
1) My first and last fish of the day
2) Some of the Headwaters Kayak Fishing Team
3) Bills second fish, a rainbow.
4) Bills catch
5) Bill at the weigh in
6) Glen comes in 6th place
7) Seveislost 5th
Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Jackson told me about the win on the way back from the paddlefest at quarry. Congrats Rob! I was really pumped when Jim told me you won. Won a wildy on a wildy. That is so GD sweet man. I met the Wildy rep yesterday. You gotta call him. They are looking for a Wildy staffer dude.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
Here are a few more...

1) Bill in third place (Bio-Bill1)
2) Roughster 2nd place
3) Rob (Racinrob) with his new ride

Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Way to pull off a top notch event, Ricci, Christina, Jim and all the crew.  It's great to see everyone having a blast and enjoying the organization of fun.   :smt001

Congrats, RancidRob!   :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I could not have paddled as much as I did if I  was not on a T160.
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

Bird

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
WTG Rob - congrats! 

Ricci and Christina - I tip my hat to you two, top-shelf event again!  Sorry I couldn't fish, got stuck working OT on a project.  Enjoyed hanging with you on Sat evening. Now get after it and show the rest of hacks how to catch a 20" koke!  Take care!   :smt006   

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
GreThanks to Ricci, Glenn and all for the effort in putting this together.

Thanks Ricci, Christina, Glenn, Jim and others,

Thank you to Ricci, Christina, Howard, Glen, Jim and his lovely wife for all the hard work.

While I would love to take even the smallest bit of credit for such a wonderfully organized event, I can not. I was a participant in the event just like most of you, enjoying the event and hopitalilty of others.

The credit and thanks goes to Ricci & Jim (and there significant others) who worked long and hard to make this event run smoothly. Great Job!

....Mr. G-Whiz.....we are thanking you for letting us all crap in your RV (lock your door next time....just a friendly advise :smt003). You might want to empty it out pretty soon  :smt002

If it weren't for me leaving it open for someone to take a duece; the RV would have been more burnt them me! :smt044
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

ken jan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
I would like to thank  Ricci for putting this together.  this  was my first tournament with the site I'm hooked .  Had a great time.  Met so many nice folks with the same passion!!!  The food was incredible.  Rob your the man!! Thanks for letting me use your tent and all the intel ch68 "oops ". James and family, Great to meet you in person. Looking forward to doing again real soon.  "nice bass Victor"!
Ken Jan
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:34:15 PM by ken jan »

barefoot1

• Sea Lion
  • The world needs more fruitcakes.--J. Buffet
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
Another kick ass salmon slam!  Ricci I look forward to slaying some Salmon with you this summer on the Sacto/American.  I appreciate the award for largest bass. What a surprise.  Anyway, when you get a chance you should post a list of all our sponsors so the attendees can reinforce their sponsorships with follow-up e-mails.  I'll be glad to go first---Jeff Barefoot 1.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
- Mark Twain

Jeffo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
That was a fun tournament!  Thanks to the sponsors everyone who made it possible and congratulations to the winners!  There were some impressive fish brought in.  That big King, Glen's Crappie...Who is the guy that caught that giant Red Eared Sunfish?  That thing was a monster!  As for me, I had a good day fishing.  I tried to knock my trout off the list quickly, which I did by trolling a nightcrawler behind a dodger.  Then I switched to koke gear trolling a dodger hootchie combo for nothing.  I was losing confidence in kokes as the sun got higher in the sky so I came across a cove and started drop shotting a roboworm for bass.  It worked out perfectly!  The drop shot was kicking ass.  I tried some nightcrawlers under a bobber near submerged brush in that same cove for nothing.  I was hoping for a crappie or a bluegill, but oh well.  I gave up on the panfish category and put a longliner device on my line to get my line deep in hopes I could troll up a koke or king on my way back to the weigh in.  I started out trolling at 50ish feet, then deeper, for nothing.  Its all good though.  It was good experience.  I bet I'll nab a koke one of these days, I just gotta keep trying  :smt004 

So when I got back to the weigh in, I took a look at my phone and I had a message from Ms. Shellback (Angie) saying she was hanging with her mom and was wondering what time I'd be home.  I've been hitting the fishing hard lately and had to plead my case to get to BSS2 in the first place.  On top of that, I just bought a  pricey new toy.  I felt like I was skating on thin ice with my new toy and weekend fishing so I left after the weigh in, sorry I didn't stick around for the awards, but still, huge congrats to you guys!!!  I'm usually really good about not forgetting things, but I left my Wheelez behind!  If you look at the last (bottom) picture in Vwool's post, you can see my wheels just to the right of a tree  :smt044  Thanks guys for grabbing them for me, I was starting to worry last night, but I knew my fellow NCKA'ers had my back.  You guys a great, It was great meeting new people, and seeing others.  I'm looking forward to the next event to be able to meet more people.  I'm thinking we should wear those "Hello my name is" stickers.  Take care guys, thanks again!

Jeff

Oversize Sturgeon Club
Weekday Warrior

lucky13

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Thank you Ricci and all that helped out. Another great event. One of these days I'm gonna catch a kokanee.  :smt003

KayakJames

• Sea Lion
  • Yes it is good
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Just got home....great weekend thanks to all the participants and sponsors. And of course ricci killer event I'll post pics when I get off work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I'm one of the cool kids.
Where did he go george

dpshim

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
Ricci, you and the entire team did an excellent job once again!! All of you deserve much credit and applause :) Congrats also to Rob for placing first, well deserved with the various quality species :)

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make this event when I was anticipating to attend, however I had to leave down to LA for business :( However, I'm very happy to see that everyone had a great time! Wtg all!! :D

SandBag

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Had an awesome time, great people, better food lol, and some good fishin. Thanks to Ricci, Jim, Chrys, and all who helped organize this event.

Frank I hope that pic of the crappie turned out.

I've got a few more pics to put up, tapatalk seems to only let me do two at a time.

Joe

SandBag

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011