Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: GS6 - 5/12/12 - Another Year in the Books - Thank you to all who participated  (Read 138903 times)

sharky

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile monkeyfacenews
  • Date Registered: May 2007
Sorry Eric, took some time to compose my last post and didnt see you had called for us to end it while writing.
sharkboer out.

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Quote from: sharky
Sorry Eric, took some time to compose my last post and didnt see you had called for us to end it while writing.
sharkboer out.

No prob, Brother!  Gave us the opportunity to hit 80 pages.   :smt003

Let's continue the safety discussion to the "incident" thread, and trip reports can go in the GS6 Report in Members Only Fishing Reports.

Thanks.   :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Anthony,

I am glad your OK man! I was yelling to you right before you got taken at that wash rock. Myself and backeastfreak barely noticed you and tried to yell for you to get out of that area just seconds prior. I went to grab my radio to try'n contact you, at that point it was too late, all I seen was whitewater and the bottoms of your feet. I then radio'd in the distress call and began alerting fellow paddlers around me. I was just glad that I noticed you when I did, 5 seconds later I never would of seen you. I don't think anybody else saw you go over and we might have never known, especially if you got really worked.
Anthony, please be more careful next time, know you're location at all times and always, always, always have a radio on you if you leave your team, especially in the fog.

Sonny, I am sorry you lost your gear. I have a bag of jig heads and swim baits for you, please pm me your address. Mike

Just Curious:

If you were close enough to see them flip, why didn't you attempt a rescue?

He may not have felt comfortable or safe doing so. Not everyone reacts the same (and shouldn't be chastised for their personal reaction). There is a fine line between being heroic and foolishly stupid (And no, I don't think Sonny was being foolish). Each of us needs to be responsible for our own safety first. Help and assistance is nice to have but it shouldn't be counted on or assumed (IMHO).

Thanks Mike (CAWINGSHOOTER) for clarifying your actions! I didn't realize that you were formulating a plan of rescue.

My apologizes if for being so blunt in my question; first rounds on me next hookup!

And yes Eric... I'm trying my dammedest to get you to 81 pages.....
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

PNWKA

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile FB
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
sharkboer out.
+1

PNWKA

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile FB
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
humble request for Admin's: would it be possible to move the posts about "the incident" from this thread to the incident thread?