Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:44:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Vibe kayak??  (Read 8582 times)

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
Last winter I purchased a 2017 Vibe Seaghost 110. I ordered on-line and it was shipped free from the Kennesaw GA headquarters.  I think I payed about $850 (Prior to the SG I had a Lifetime Tamarack 10 which I actually loved for its price) I bought the SG primarily for LMB fishing in lakes but what has happened is I now prefer to fish in the SF Bay. 

The things I like about the SG are the rudder pedals, good storage space, and generally comfortable seat.  My biggest con is the weight but then again the only other kayak I had was the Tam. 10 and that was super light. 

I prefer casting baits vs. dead sticking or even drifting bait so I would really like a pedal kayak of some sort.Hope this give you some insight in the Vibes.   

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I just picked up a sea ghost 110 for lake fishing the sierra lakes.  I spent four hours testing yaks during paddlefest including nucanoe, bonafied, feel free, big game, native and vibe.  I tried everything from a 10 foot vibe to a 14 foot feel free.  For me, tracking, speed and stability locked me on to the 110.  Pedals are out of my budget.  Looking forward to meet fellow NCKA members on the water.
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Last winter I purchased a 2017 Vibe Seaghost 110. I ordered on-line and it was shipped free from the Kennesaw GA headquarters.  I think I payed about $850 (Prior to the SG I had a Lifetime Tamarack 10 which I actually loved for its price) I bought the SG primarily for LMB fishing in lakes but what has happened is I now prefer to fish in the SF Bay. 

The things I like about the SG are the rudder pedals, good storage space, and generally comfortable seat.  My biggest con is the weight but then again the only other kayak I had was the Tam. 10 and that was super light. 

I prefer casting baits vs. dead sticking or even drifting bait so I would really like a pedal kayak of some sort.Hope this give you some insight in the Vibes.

After several trips in the SF bay and 2 trips to the ocean I can say that I like the Vibe 110 but wish I had a peddle kayak, now.  As I mentioned I initially purchased conditions for lake fishing but tried bay fishing and now ocean fishing.  What I'v discovered as you move up the scale from lake-to-bay-to-ocean the current, wind, and unforgiving factor increase.  The unforgiving factor is say you accidentally venture too far from your launch and then you have to paddle back.

The Vibe has plenty of storage space. I can access the front hatch while on the water by straddling both legs over the side of the yak and scooching my way up to the front.  The center console is just ok. The seat is super comfortable. Its very stable even in small ocean swell.  But its way slow relative to the Hobbie peddles I've fished wish.   From now on I see myself primarily trolling/drifting bay and ocean waters - I just don't believe the SG is a good fit for those conditions. 

Edgecrusher

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2018
I have one and am happy with it. It's my first yak, so not much to compare it to. It's a great value, if nothing else.

anything