Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Poll

ISLANDER MOTHERSHIP TRIP June 2016~You wanna go?  CLICK ALL OPTIONS YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN.

2.5 days
3.5 days
4.5 days
5.5 days

Linked Events

• Islander 3.5 Day: June 02, 2016 - June 06, 2016

Topic: ISLANDER 3.5 DAY - Reports on pg 44!  (Read 68646 times)

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
First Weekend in JUNE.....

Update January 5,2016:

NorCal Kayakers
3.5 day kayak trip
departing Thursday 6/2/16 8 PM
returning Monday 6/6/16 7 AM

For the 3.5 day trip we'll leave June 2 in the evening, and come back on Monday June 6. Price is $800 each.

NCKA Islander trips have proved to be some of the BEST times ever.  Last year I guess we started asking late and didn't get enough sign ups.  then, everyone was bummed because we didn't go.  We usually go out to San Clemente island from Fisherman's landing in SD.  We can do that again, for 3 day or 4 day trip.  Or, we can extend to 4.5-5.5 day and go further south.  In JUNE.....

If you have gone on previous Islander trips, you already know how cool it is.  If you have not, check out the old threads.....you owe it to yourself to get on board for a few full days of full-on fishing, with the Bro's

We will need a deposit to hold your spot and full payment well before the trip date. We'll use PayPal. I will make list of lucky participants on this post.  Any substitutions for deposits or full trip payments will have to be handled personally.  Full cost will be due in March.

In other words, if you sign up and later decide you can't go, it's your responsibility to find a replacement to take your slot, and arrange the appropriate transfer of monies between you and your replacement.  (I get confused easily, and it's already pretty complicated setup for a simple man like me).  Deposit will be $100.00 to secure your spot.  Full payment is fine as well.

I expect to get the booking contract from Islander Inc. within a few days. We can start taking deposits now.  Paypal $100 to polepole@northwestkayakanglers.com.  Send the money as a friend, or I'll hit you up to cover the paypal tax.  Include your screen name in the message so I know who you are.  Thanks.

ISLANDER 2016 SIGNUPS                               Deposit Pd.         Full Pd            Room

1 Bushy                                                                   X                 X                 G
2 Polepole                                                                X                 X                 G
3 Rockhopper                                                           X                 X                 E
4 Seabast                                                                X                  X   
5 Zisco                                                                    X                  X
6 Fish Master1                                                          X                 X
7 Sin Coast                                                              X                  X
8 Otobeperlagic                                                        X                  X
9 Reelknots                                                              X                 X                  E
10 happakidd                                                           X                 X
11 AlsHobieOutback                                                   X                X                  F
12 IShaveMyChest                                                     X                X
13 beerhunter                                                           X                 X
14 Hojo                                                                     X                X
15 Matanaska                                                            X                X
16 tonggao                                                                X                 X
17 Bluegill                                                                 X                 X
18 Jack Teresi                                                           X                 X
19  dpshim                                                                X                X
20  Bchen                                                                 X                 X
21  Jonesz --Glyn                                                      X                 X
22  Kahuna                                                               X                 X
23 OPEN SPOT!!!!!

Wait list
---------
1 - DG
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:37:07 AM by Rock Hopper »

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

PablitoPescador

• Sea Lion
  • Sorry ladies, I'm married to the sea
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Barring any unforeseen issue, there's no way I won't be on that boat :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

RBark

• Shark Week every week I am OTW
  • Sea Lion
  • That Deaf Guy
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I want to go, pending finances at time of sign up.
Thresher in avatar and Soupfin Shark in signature both caught and pic taken by me.
3rd place Kayak Connection Derby, 2014
45th place / 423 pts / 3 Species - AOTY 2014 (nowhere to go but up!)
30th place / 1132.25 pts / 7 Species - AOTY 2015 (moving up a little!)

Always looking for new people to fish with!

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I would not mind going for a ride farther south. My next long range is in July.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Count me in! Try to do it during Fathers Day wknd, that would be awesome.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

mdoka_matt

• Sea Lion
  • Its happening like Soledad
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
2010 T-13   Sand                    
2011 T-13   Yellow
2012 Hobie Adventure Dune

WingShooter

• Sea Lion
  • I fish not to escape life but to live it.
  • View Profile Branson Baits
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Me and my buddy Tim would be down for this. :smt006
www.bransonbaits.com 

US Hobie Fishing Team Member
Lowrance Pro-Staff
EGO Pro-Staff
Lew's Pro-Staff
Diawa Pro-Staff

SuperVato

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
The wife has been properly primed, I'd be into this.  :smt003
“All men are equal before fish.”
― Herbert  Hoover    

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
If it's Mexican waters, I"M DOWN!.

ruben
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
it's only allowing one option  :smt009
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Hi All,  I changed the poll to reflect options on the number of days.  Click all the options that you would be interested in.  We'll go with either the one with the most votes, or the longest option that has at least 20 votes.  Please only vote if you are serious in going.  As for rough pricing, last year a 2.5 day was $545, and a 1.5 day was $330.  I believe our 3.5 day to San Clemente 2 years ago was in the $745 range, but the current price will be higher, guessing up to $800-ish.  I didn't list a 1.5 day as it's just too far to drive down to San Diego for a 1.5 day trip.  I'm guessing a 5.5 day could be in the $1500+ range assuming it is something longer range.  This is purely a guess.

-Allen
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:31:38 PM by polepole »

polepole

• Administrator

polepole

• Administrator
Last year Dustin and I hopped on board a 2.5 day OEX/BWE trip, since we didn't have an NCKA one.  It was in June.  The trip had a smattering of small kine yellowtail trolling 'dines.  I caught 4 in the 5-8 pound range.  It also had a good showing of halibut up to about 30 pounds, more of a deep water bite in the 80-100 foot range. One WSB was caught.  And once again, we made it to the backside of San Clemente Island and had an off the hook sheepshead bite deep in the kelp, and a good showing of calicos from 2 feet deep to 100+ feet.  There were also whitefish and good showing of quality rockfish (reds and boccacio) out deep.  Basically it was a smorgasborg!

-Allen
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:26:53 PM by polepole »

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
I'm in. Just book what we can get. If there's not enough NCKA interest we can open it up to the BWE cats. A bunch of them were bummed when I told them we didn't have enough heads to do a trip last year and said they would've loved to have joined us.

If anyone is rolling with me this year they need to meet me at my house...lol.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...