Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 09:24:28 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:54:38 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:40:43 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Elk Tourney a Huge Success!!!  (Read 11479 times)

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Sean,
Thanks so much to you and your family and all the others for setting up the best derby I’ve ever been to.  The people were all awesome, the food was off the hook and the fishing was quality.  The hike up Heart Attack hill was well worth it.
Unfortunately, we got back late from diving and were just too spent to clean and pound abs for dinner (which we missed).  

Skyboy,
That pig was fantastic.  You have a great family.
Ernie,
Thanks for the company and all your help.  You are a class act.

It was great to see old faces and meet some new ones.

Can’t wait till next year.

Stuart

bsteves

• Fish Nerd; AOTY Architect
  • Sea Lion
  • Better Fishing through Science!
  • View Profile Northwest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
I have to say I've been so excited about this tourney at Elk since Sean anounced it back in February.   It was great meeting other kayak fishers,  seeing their rigs, and I look forward to future fishing trips with any of you.

Special thanks to Sean and his family for putting on such a great event, the Elk Community Center for hosting (I really hope the basket ball court doesn't stink as much as I'm afraid it might).  

Erik, I'm glad the raffle was such a success.  Thanks for putting that together, I hope Coastside appreciates the offerring and what we stand for.

By the way, for those working on solving the WAF equation a new kayak is a big plus.

Lonny man that fish of yours still has me nervous.  I think we both had the same basic idea on how to catch big lings and it looks like we were right (and I don't just mean the primal scream with the fish club  :smt002 ).

Polepole, I'm pretty close to Ft. Ross and might be able to sneak out Wednesday night or Thursday morning for a few hours.

Brian
Elk I Champ
BAM II Champ

jdyak

• Salmon
  • Joel fishing Linda Mar Creek 06
  • View Profile
What a great place Elk is!  The location was postcard perfect and the cool ocean breeze sure beat the 95 plus degrees inland.  It was Ryans first trip on the ocean and his 3rd trip on the Kayak.   I had a feeling he would do well on the ocean and after scoring his first ling, he was all smiles.  We then paddled through a long tunnel on the north end and the water looked turquoise blue.  He's definetley hooked now.  

Thanks to everyone for making this a memorable trip.  Here's a couple of pics!

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.  - Herculites -
2006 NCKA BAM 1st place Catfish Winner

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
That picture of Ryan put a huge smile on my face...pure joy!

jd-forgot to thank you for bringing the margi mix and machine...really sad to have missed out on the booze!

Hat Trick

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
i posted our stories of fun, fishing and fundraising on coastside today, i believe our efforts will be well received.
ps. to chefstephano, too bad you were not there, but i won your gaff, and it is sweet!
2006 AOTY STRIPERKING

skyboy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I don't think there is anything thing else I can add about Elk, Ditto's to all the post. I as well enjoyed every minute of being up there and meeting new people. A very quality turnament with an unbelievable group. lingcodlonny, Carman, and my family traveled back together. we stopped at the burger barn in cloverdale. We couldn't get over the fact that with over 40 kayak fisherman, lots of family and friends and not a bad seed in the entire group. Everyone we met were quality people, not judgemental, all kind hearted, all very helpful, it seemed more like a family reunion with everyone having known each other for many years, not a bunch of fisherman that most you were meeting for the first time. Thaks to Sean and his family, Erik and his family, and all that contributed in so many many ways. I feel I have many new friends. Thank you Stuart and Fred for your immediate friendship, and the kindness you both gave to myself and my family. Lonny and Carmen, what can I say, you are both now family to us. and just for future reference to Mooch, "Do not give my Puerto Rican, Italian wife a knife again, EVER!":smt027  Or else I will sick my endless ball of energy (Jace) on you.  :smt021 Thanks again to everyone........Joe, Jennifer and Jace. "The Richardson's"
Joe

promethean_spark

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
That's awesome.  Count me in for the next one.  May make a run up there myself in a few weeks...
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early.

Rikshaw

WOW!

I say again...

WOW!!!

Sean, congrats on what clearly was a TERRIFIC Event. You have no idea how sad that the Team Cobra guys and I could not make it up there, but a commitment is a commitment and we managed to have a bit of fun hosting the Kayak Fishing Seminar and small Local Fishing Derby for our Dealer down in Cambria.

It seems pretty sad that the winning Ling in our derby weighed in at a stout 7.5 lbs. LOL

The weater was nice though and I enjoyed paddling around with an otter for an hour or so... but it was all I could do to not think of how you guys were doing up in Elk.

You WILL see John, Ed, Jack, Todd and myself up at Mendo, and you can be dang sure the Elk event will be prominently scheduled in our "Events To Do" for next season.

Congrats to all the winners. 23 and 22lbs respectively? Not to damn bad.

I hope the winner enjoys his NEW Cobra Navigator.

And Chris... After looking at the pictures of your stringer you had on your new Tourer, Remember what I told you when you schooled me out at Mendo on the Stripers earlier this year... I don't like you very much.  :smt002

Bill... Sean... Way to go!

Ric

bigfishbabb

I know it's already been said but, a BIG thank you to Sean and everyone else who helped this thing run so smoothly. Everyone seemed so friendly and helpful, I learned quite a bit this weekend. I can't wait until next year.

Bigfishbabb, Scott,  AKA the son of white sea bass

P.S. I'm just glad no one got a trebble hook stuck in their chin :smt013

Randy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Wow!  What a weekend!

Awesome fishing, unbelievable food (elk, wild boar, turkey, smoked salmon sushi.....), good weather, the company of terrific folks.  Even a hot shower where none was possible the day before!

Just to illustrate the magic:  I lost my bait bag during a wet launch and didn't realize it till I was well out.  Still came back with a great stringer AND when I got back to the cleaning station at camp, my bait bag was waiting for me!  Thanks so much to whomever carried it up the hill  :white

Many thanks Bill, Sean and family, and everyone else who worked so hard to make this the sterling event it was.

Randy

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
Randy,

Your bait bag was handed over to me by a bystander on the beach who found it and turned it over to me after I landed.  That same bystander helped me lug my Triple up the soft sand.  Hats off to him.  I was just the courier.

-Allen

Randy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Hey Allen,

Good karma to you *and* the "mysterious stranger."

Finding my lost bag was the "cherry on top!"

Randy

Jim

Folks:

Wow what a weekend!  I just wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly.  I had a great time and am looking forward to the striper tourney at Lake Mendo, my hometown.  I dreamed about kayak fishing all night.  it was a long dream cause I slept about 14 hours after hoofin it up and down that hill.  But it was worth it.  Check out my cabazone.  This is the biggest I have caught.  

Cheers

Jim "InSeine" Hobbs

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
Hey Ric thanks again for the kayak donation, everyone gets pumped with a new kayak on the line! Can't wait to see you guys again in Mendo.

I fished with Chris all day and all I can say is that kid can fish! Add that to the fact he is an awesome kid with great manners and great smack talk and you have a great fishing partner. Now if we can only get him to remember his paddle and tackle at the launch we will be set!  :smt003

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Yet he managed to remember his squirt gun  :smt075

anything