Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:41:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:20:13 AM]

[Today at 07:24:53 AM]

[Today at 07:23:39 AM]

[Today at 07:16:05 AM]

[Today at 04:15:52 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Belize Trip in February  (Read 4382 times)

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
Anyone ever been Belize?  Heading out in Feb for first time, could use some intel from the NCKA braintrust  :smt006

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
“Belize Navidad!”  That’s all the intel I have.  Hope you have a blast. :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Poopsmith

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2020
im going to cabo and the search feature hear has some good intel!
"I'm not a human I'm Amphibian" - Larry the Fisherman

IG/FB: Poupsmith

AOTY 2023 1st Place* (no salmon, cali limit reduced, stunted rockfish season, etc.)
AOTY 2022 2nd Place
AOTY 2021 5th Place
2019 Outback, 2023 Replacement Hull

Califbill

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2008
Been some years, but we stayed on Ambergris Key and another island.   Good snorkeling, but to snorkel the reef, you need to hire a boat.  Is a mile offshore the key and lots of boat traffic.   Great flats fishing. I hired a guide for the day, good experience.  Mainland resort might be different.   We did a tour with cave tubing.  Recommend.  Also took a day trip Altun Hai.   I understand the mainland has a lot of flying bugs.  Don’t miss Hoi Chan Reserve.  We used Li'l Alfonse, super good guide.  Seems as if he is the one who started the swim with nurse sharks.

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Three days into an awesome trip aftr arduous voyage.  Explored ruins, hiked bocawina falls, snorkeled the barrier reef. Just b4 dinnr SUP fished some mangroves and flats. Ruff as heck paddle ended up in the drink once. Brought a suction cup mount for a rocket launchr rod holder, not enuff 4 trolling but held in place while paddling.

And yes the flying bugs r fierce! 

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Out on the barrier island we visited there were multiple ppl on guided boats right off the dock spinning n flycasting for big bonies small cudas n some other things i cldnt make out. Ud hav2b a fishing addict or honeymooner to stay out there. Oddly enuff the cell signal was excellent out to like 15miles from shore!!

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Cool - tell us more!!
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Spelunked St Hermans Cave complex and swam the blue hole (the inland one not the barrier reef one).

The cave was amazing but i cldnt w8 to exit. Spent like 2 hrs underground. When we emergd got hemorrhagic shock from the mosquitoes n biting flies doing hellacious strafing runs.

The blue hole is a cenote in the jungle that feeds the cave complex. Guide said there was a population of eating sized "freshwater sardines" and mullets that have gotten wacked since pandemic. To me they looked like a dace or other cyprinid.  A few achieved meal size but mostly small, tho very numerous and friendly

spinal tap

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2005
Yo, did you go to the big island a few months ago?  If so, any recommendations?

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Yo, did you go to the big island a few months ago?  If so, any recommendations?

Yeah i have five and 7 day itineraries ill send u.  DM me on myspace

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
For our penultim8 adventure, took a jungle cruise up Monkey River, a 30 min run south from Placencia thru the mangroves and sloughs. Saw howler monkeys, manatees, iguanas, many many birds, and all kinds of jungle festoonery.  I brought my rod just in case. on the way back the guide shot up big creek to a lobster processing facility.

I rigged up a bare big hammer jig head w a piece of chicken on it for my son while casting a gold 1/2 oz kastmaster. Quickly grabbed a cpl of these jungle cats which were swimming by the dozens. Now packing for the flight home!

Califbill

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2008
Where did you stay?

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Hamanasi Resort at Hopkins.  All inclusive (including meals transpo adventures, etc.) concierge to the max.  deserves every bit of their 5 star rep, and I recommend without hesitation if its within budget. 

I seem to have caught some weird jungle isht on the last day and am going to the doc as we speak.  First morning home (sunday) woke up with fever, body ache, GI distress and limited ability to inhale, maybe ~30% normal.  today, its still just chest pains headache and maybe 40% pulm capacity.

guessing not covid bc I tested rapid neg three times since Saturday and PCR'd neg yestrday.

Mayan revenge!!

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Been some years, but we stayed on Ambergris Key and another island.   Good snorkeling, but to snorkel the reef, you need to hire a boat.  Is a mile offshore the key and lots of boat traffic.   Great flats fishing. I hired a guide for the day, good experience.  Mainland resort might be different.   We did a tour with cave tubing.  Recommend.  Also took a day trip Altun Hai.   I understand the mainland has a lot of flying bugs.  Don’t miss Hoi Chan Reserve.  We used Li'l Alfonse, super good guide.  Seems as if he is the one who started the swim with nurse sharks.

thx for this list, it gave pretty good outline and guidance of what we ended up doing!!