Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:07:13 PM]

[Today at 08:09:27 PM]

[Today at 07:50:07 PM]

[Today at 07:29:14 PM]

[Today at 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[Today at 06:21:18 PM]

[Today at 06:03:14 PM]

[Today at 06:03:07 PM]

[Today at 06:01:09 PM]

[Today at 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[Today at 05:23:24 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: 7/7/ Berkeley Flats (Kayak Video)  (Read 3272 times)

papio3

• Salmon
  • think fish, eat fish, dream fish, GO FISH!
  • View Profile Youtube Fish and Dive Channel
  • Date Registered: May 2012
Nice!

My only quibble is that I think you should give credit to the fine gentleman who took that incredible picture of you with the 2 ginormous WSB. (That would be me, ha ha!)

Ohh Crap!!! So that means we have a lot of history! Thanks for that!

Yes, I was just getting started with kayak fishing, and was lucky to get a rockfish or 2. Then this guy shows up at the dock with the 2 biggest fish I've ever seen. That was inspirational and probably did more to fuel the addiction than anything else. My wife must hate you...

Introducing people to kayak fishing or fishing in general is awesome! She wouldn’t be the first wife to hate me, nor will she be the last. Lol

That's the spirit !
Well, just to get in on this conversation, my wife loves me and does not hate any one of you so I'm stoked...I'll never throw any one of you under the bus...it was all me I will declare... :smt006

Well fish together more Eddie, she will soon join the exclusive ranks for fishing wives that petition against me.  :smt044
IG: Waterworld_JC
QI Fishing: Pro Staff
Ray Fishing: Pro Staff
Pelican Coolers Ambassador
3P Performance wear

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Nice!

My only quibble is that I think you should give credit to the fine gentleman who took that incredible picture of you with the 2 ginormous WSB. (That would be me, ha ha!)

Ohh Crap!!! So that means we have a lot of history! Thanks for that!

Yes, I was just getting started with kayak fishing, and was lucky to get a rockfish or 2. Then this guy shows up at the dock with the 2 biggest fish I've ever seen. That was inspirational and probably did more to fuel the addiction than anything else. My wife must hate you...

Introducing people to kayak fishing or fishing in general is awesome! She wouldn’t be the first wife to hate me, nor will she be the last. Lol

That's the spirit !
Well, just to get in on this conversation, my wife loves me and does not hate any one of you so I'm stoked...I'll never throw any one of you under the bus...it was all me I will declare... :smt006

Well fish together more Eddie, she will soon join the exclusive ranks for fishing wives that petition against me.  :smt044
I dare ya'...I'd rather have you and da fam over fo' dinna" and settle her anxiety... :smt005 :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

hansemcito

• Sand Dab
  • 조보 sand crab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
Hit the end of the old ruins in 12-15' of water, trolling live smelt around. Nice fleet in the area with bite coming near the bottom of the tide at 9:30 am. Video attached enjoy!

hi papio
i found this posting searching for threads about fishing in berkeley.  im in berkeley mostly and wanted to know more about how/when/where people go out.  do you ever go out relatively earlier in the year like april/may in this area, or only in july like twhen you posted this fun video?

thanks!

Vine2trail

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2020
Hit the end of the old ruins in 12-15' of water, trolling live smelt around. Nice fleet in the area with bite coming near the bottom of the tide at 9:30 am. Video attached enjoy!

hi papio
i found this posting searching for threads about fishing in berkeley.  im in berkeley mostly and wanted to know more about how/when/where people go out.  do you ever go out relatively earlier in the year like april/may in this area, or only in july like twhen you posted this fun video?

thanks!

The halibut are working their way into the north bay right now. South Bay warms up first.

Tsuri

• Do I even fish brah?
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009

hi papio

thanks!

You can paddle out from Berkeley Marina, launch from the public access parking and dock east of the Cal Sailing docks. Check the forecast but typically you will be blown home when the fan turns on. Go early and look for the fleet or work the edges of the channels. Have all safety gear and don't go alone if your new to this. Now is a good time.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 06:19:02 PM by Tsuri »
P13. T160. Evo 465
Old and salty crew

"I think before the day is done I want to be a fisherman"    - Primus

anything