Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:58:19 AM]

[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:10 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:35:28 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 09:28:20 PM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 07:39:42 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: China Beach, Baker Beach fishing  (Read 1194 times)

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
On a very old thread I read about people launching from China Beach.  With the salmon herding through the gate I thought this may be a relatively safe launch compared to Baker. 

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I just saw an old thread about launching from rodeo beach.  That is a direct path to the potato patch four fathom shoal for monster Hali's
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I just saw an old thread about launching from rodeo beach.  That is a direct path to the potato patch four fathom shoal for monster Hali's
Is it called Rodeo because the surf is like a bucking bronco? 😁

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
China beach is safer to launch than Baker because it's a somewhat protected cove.  However, the hill from the parking going down to the beach absolutely sucks after a long day.  Baker is doable towards the southern end, but be careful of the sandbar.  Baker is not a steep beach, so the waves break further out, which makes timing your launch and return sometimes tricky.  I used to launch from China beach weekly when I was working in the area during crab season.  That hill gave me monster fit legs from haul my gear so often.

bdon

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
If the swell is down, I would personally launch at south side of Baker because it's much closer to the parking lot.  I've launched out of Baker quite a bit and many times it's like a lake.  One thing to watch out for is Baker has lots of close outs.

If there is a lot of swell then China would be easier to launch from.

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Simply, I've just viewed the beach from the parking lot and that beach is quite a elevation drop from the parking lot.  I bet it would be a pia towing the kayak up that hill.

Bdon, I've surf fished Baker numerous times and at low tide it does seem manageable.  Although, I do notice when the flood begins a 4 oz triangle weight gets easily pushed by the current towards the gate.

I would be interested in trying either site - but not alone.  Let me know if either of you hit these sites. 

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
I've seen some dudes drive down the hill at China beach to unload and drive back up. Pretty sure you're not suppose to do this BUT....if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?
2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Me and George(dr fektavius)had us a day at Baker beach... let's just say that I know what it feels like to get shot out of a cannon
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I've seen some dudes drive down the hill at China beach to unload and drive back up. Pretty sure you're not suppose to do this BUT....if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?
Maybe it was a Prius?  S'all good in California.  :smt001

I'm happy to hear there is so much knowledge of this area from NCKA'rs.

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Me and George(dr fektavius)had us a day at Baker beach... let's just say that I know what it feels like to get shot out of a cannon

Great graphic.  I take it there wasn't a huge, shock-absorbing net on the other side.   :smt003

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009

Hahahhaha I can’t stop picturing it. Good times.

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014

I started my kayaking journey at a China Beach about 5 years ago.  I was working as an electrician on a big house remodel in one of the nearby mansions.  I use to arrive early, set my crab traps, go to work, then collect the traps after work.  That winter season, I got to know one of the park ranger who would stop by every so often to check in the building there.  He told me, technically you're not suppose to drive down there at all.  The worse they can really do is hassle you and boot you out.  Maybe if you're a repeat offender, they could call a PO to give you a ticket.  But I got to know him a bit and if he was around, he was always happy to give me a ride back up the hill, kayak and gear in the back of his pickup.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018

I started my kayaking journey at a China Beach about 5 years ago.  I was working as an electrician on a big house remodel in one of the nearby mansions.  I use to arrive early, set my crab traps, go to work, then collect the traps after work.  That winter season, I got to know one of the park ranger who would stop by every so often to check in the building there.  He told me, technically you're not suppose to drive down there at all.  The worse they can really do is hassle you and boot you out.  Maybe if you're a repeat offender, they could call a PO to give you a ticket.  But I got to know him a bit and if he was around, he was always happy to give me a ride back up the hill, kayak and gear in the back of his pickup.

Hope ya bribed that ranger with some nice dungies  :smt003

When I was snaring from shore there before, I knew this fireman who'd drive his pickup down and drop pots off his bodyboard. Wasn't sure if he had some clearance or just had one of those fireman perks.
2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460