Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Stealth Pro Fisha 525 First Impressions Review-Update on evolution  (Read 13249 times)

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Hey Dave this is Dan from Headwaters. We at the Stealth Dealer here in not cal. We will be hosting a demo/ paddling weekend in Mendocino September 5,6,7th. Give me a call and we can set up a time to meet and let you try a few Stealth models. Our shop # is 209-224-8367 or pM me for more details.

Wow, Dan, that's great.  I'll be calling.  What boat is that in your pictures?  And, you're allowed to catch bigger lings than that while paddling one?  :smt044  Sorry, I can't help myself.

Pro Fisha 575. Thats my boat of choice. Yes, and you can also do this  :smt043 :smt043
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

DaveW

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2006
Pro Fisha 575. Thats my boat of choice. Yes, and you can also do this  :smt043 :smt043

Awesome pics!  Yeah, that's what I'm looking for: a fast fishing kayak that surfs.

Do you like the 575 more than the 525?  Can the the 575 surf open swell like a surf ski--it's like 19 feet, right?

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  Sweet ride.    Sure loved the way it handled Saturday at Albion. 

Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Hey Dave this is Dan from Headwaters. We at the Stealth Dealer here in not cal. We will be hosting a demo/ paddling weekend in Mendocino September 5,6,7th. Give me a call and we can set up a time to meet and let you try a few Stealth models. Our shop # is 209-224-8367 or pM me for more details.

Wow, Dan, that's great.  I'll be calling.  What boat is that in your pictures?  And, you're allowed to catch bigger lings than that while paddling one?  :smt044  Sorry, I can't help myself.

And this, at the cove today.

Dan: looks like youre ready to join the tsunami rangers with those action pics. Do you think thigh straps are doable? Want a little more hip control in the surf.
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

DaveW

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Wow, nice haul!

Dave

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop

Awesome pics!  Yeah, that's what I'm looking for: a fast fishing kayak that surfs.

Do you like the 575 more than the 525?  Can the the 575 surf open swell like a surf ski--it's like 19 feet, right?

I like the speed and tracking of the 575. It's the best fit for my needs. The best part about it is that is surfs swell you have to have good timing, but when you get on a run you can cover miles like nothing.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

bluekayak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Where the speed of the Stealth counts most in my mind is at your turn around point or when conditions go south

I was typically doing 25 and sometimes in the 30s on the Tarpon, when you're worn out looking at 6 or 8 miles to your landing is brutal If it gets rough or you get a headwind multiply that by a fatigue factor

If you're looking at shoreline 6 or 8 miles away your ass really starts hurting

A few weeks back I did maybe 25 and it feels like nothing compared to doing it on the Tarpon or any plastic for that matter

Not sure why anyone would think its not a big fish yak, the 575 has about 8 ft of storage ahead of your crotch, and a lot easier throwing a fish in front than swinging it around into a hatch behind you

I fished a vintage 60s glass dive yak for 30 years, and then the tarpon from 99 til last year, plastic sucks

Don't know about the 525, would be curious to try one

The 575 is a speed demon

Funny thing is the 525 & 575 are almost same weight

All I need now is time to fish, only had the thing out once this year

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I haven't paddled the 575, should've paddled dans at GS, but the 525 is pretty damn fast. But it's the glide that makes it effortless.

Your spot on about the trip back. Sitting at the old man at shelter cove in at ripping N-S current, looking at 7 miles straight N into the teeth of that current, and still able to carry speed. It's an awesome thing.
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

DaveW

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Man, I think I'm going to buy a 575--if I can figure out how. 

It'll be all my spending money for a year, though

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Heck yeah. If you have the space for 19' go for it. One of the reasons I got the 525 was 17' was about as long as I had room for.

bluekayak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Man, I think I'm going to buy a 575--if I can figure out how. 

It'll be all my spending money for a year, though

If I was flat broke hungry and jobless I would whip out the credit card for one of these

Can't imagine taking the tarpon out ever again

The 575 is a very long puppy so you do need a long space for storage

anything