Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 08:46:36 AM]

[Today at 08:45:08 AM]

[Today at 08:01:43 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:50:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Kayak Crabbing Seminar and Cooking Demonstration (Sunday December 15, 2019)  (Read 3838 times)

kuyawil

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2019
Sounds like fun. I would be one of the new guys, safety would be good to hear or talk about.

I'll talk to the team and see if we can put a 15-20 min safety seminar in to the event. Thank you for your interest on this issue. --TLA
A couple other newbies plus myself are planning to attend and to echo what has already been mentioned, it would be nice to just briefly talk about the importance of safety and it doesn't even have to be 15-20 minutes. Either way, we're looking forward to the event. Being newbies, we're more interested in the rigging of a kayak and what equipment/gear is needed. Also, is there a cost for attending the seminar?

Lost_Anchovy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile The Lost Anchovy
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
Sounds like fun. I would be one of the new guys, safety would be good to hear or talk about.

I'll talk to the team and see if we can put a 15-20 min safety seminar in to the event. Thank you for your interest on this issue. --TLA
A couple other newbies plus myself are planning to attend and to echo what has already been mentioned, it would be nice to just briefly talk about the importance of safety and it doesn't even have to be 15-20 minutes. Either way, we're looking forward to the event. Being newbies, we're more interested in the rigging of a kayak and what equipment/gear is needed. Also, is there a cost for attending the seminar?

No it's an open and free event. Feel free to share it with others new to the sport. It's meant to help new people get acclimated to the sport and getting them connected to the community. 

Feel free to ask any questions. There are no stupid questions. There will be a great community there to help you guys learn the ropes. -- TLA
www.Thelostanchovy.com
Kayak Adventures, blog and tutorials

Winner - 2014 Kayak Connection Derby
2nd -2103 MBK Tournament

kuyawil

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2019

No it's an open and free event. Feel free to share it with others new to the sport. It's meant to help new people get acclimated to the sport and getting them connected to the community. 

Feel free to ask any questions. There are no stupid questions. There will be a great community there to help you guys learn the ropes. -- TLA
Thanks, TLA! See you guys on 12/15. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. =)

Lost_Anchovy

• Sea Lion
Hope to see everyone on Sunday. Went out this week, before the storms hit, to pick up some crabs for the seminar.
Gonna be a lot of fun

See the video below:
www.Thelostanchovy.com

2nd -2103 MBK Tournament

Lost_Anchovy

• Sea Lion
Had a great turn out. Lots of people really interested in our sport and had lots of questions. We got them answered and had a great chill after. Glad to to see the sport is growing outside of is regulars.
www.Thelostanchovy.com

2nd -2103 MBK Tournament

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

weiworld

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Great seminal TLA    !!!
Learn some trick of trade from you guys

christianbrat

• "Top 3 Spot Burner" according to Nick Fish
  • Sea Lion
  • Christian
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2019
That was awesome! I think i'll be picking up some of those conical hoop nets for some prospecting before dropping my cages!  great tips
Current Fleet
- 1989 Arima Sea Explorer w/ custom Pilot House
- 2018 Hobie Revolution 13

Historical Fleet
- 1985 Hobie PowerSkiff 15'
- 1975 Valco U-14
- 2009 Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT

Grim Reefer

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2014
Excellent job guys!  Well worth the trip up from Fresno.  A big thank you to Tammy and her husband for hosting this event.  Looking forward to trying some of those recipes. 

Lost_Anchovy

• Sea Lion
Here is the video from the event. Thanks for all those who attended. We had a great time together. --TLA

www.Thelostanchovy.com

2nd -2103 MBK Tournament

anything