Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Crabfest 2018... Reminders on page 13 with info on Check In.  (Read 23766 times)

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Hi Victor, Narissa and NCKA Family,

I recently found out that I won't be able to attend this years CRABFEST. Have been having pains in my right arm for the last couple of months and this month it really started hurting when I would lift or use my right arm for anything. Was trying to see if it would go away or get better from my swimming and exercise routine.
Well, the pain started to get really bad about a week ago and so I decided that I needed to get some medical expertise to try to find out what was causing these sciatica/nerve pathway pains. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to pull up crab traps with this kind of pain. Saw a good Ortho/surgeon on Monday an he confirmed that it was a nerve pathway problem. Had an MRI on Tuesday and saw Dr. Michael Park on Wednesday. The MRI showed that I had a narrowing of the nerve pathway around my upper neck C4/C5 vertebrae. I am scheduled to have a upper vertebrae cortisone shot this coming Monday.
So, after much anticipation after not going tp Crabfest for the past 2 years, I will not be able to attend this year's.

I wanted to offer my campsite to anyone who needs one, it is already paid for.

If anyone wants the site here's are the details:

I reserved  Campsite C-it is one of the larger campsites close to the Crabfest site from Friday 1/27 to 1/28.
Check-in time is 2pm on Friday and you have to leave the site by 12noon on Sat.
If anyone wants it, I can email you the Reservation Confirmation.

It's looking like the rains will be gone fr4om Friday for the next 5 days or so. Crabfest should be a Blast!!!!

Crabfest is one the great NCKA gatherings, I was totally impressed with what Victor an Narissa did to make it happen when I first attended 3 years ago.

Aloha,
Michael
da Bruddah
msyamagata@comcast.net
(510) 282-4831
Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Stone85

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
Anyone passing through calistoga on there way to crab fest? I need a ncka express of the size of an envelope picked up. If so call or text 707-295-4292 thanks
Nick

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Correction it Campsite D that I want to offer to anyone who needs it.
Aloha,
da Bruddah
Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Reminder. Please keep your dogs restrained. Had an untethered dog run out at us from a campsite tonight.

MooMoo Outdoors

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile MooMoo Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014

I recently found out that I won't be able to attend this years CRABFEST. Have been having pains in my right arm for the last couple of months and this month it really started hurting when I would lift or use my right arm for anything. Was trying to see if it would go away or get better from my swimming and exercise routine.
Well, the pain started to get really bad about a week ago and so I decided that I needed to get some medical expertise to try to find out what was causing these sciatica/nerve pathway pains. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to pull up crab traps with this kind of pain. Saw a good Ortho/surgeon on Monday an he confirmed that it was a nerve pathway problem. Had an MRI on Tuesday and saw Dr. Michael Park on Wednesday. The MRI showed that I had a narrowing of the nerve pathway around my upper neck C4/C5 vertebrae. I am scheduled to have a upper vertebrae cortisone shot this coming Monday.
So, after much anticipation after not going tp Crabfest for the past 2 years, I will not be able to attend this year's.

I reserved  Campsite C-it is one of the larger campsites close to the Crabfest site from Friday 1/27 to 1/28.

It's looking like the rains will be gone fr4om Friday for the next 5 days or so. Crabfest should be a Blast!!!!

Crabfest is one the great NCKA gatherings, I was totally impressed with what Victor an Narissa did to make it happen when I first attended 3 years ago.

Aloha,
Michael
da Bruddah
msyamagata@comcast.net
(510) 282-4831

Sorry to hear that 😢.
Get well soon. 💪💪
https://youtube.com/channel/UC6mxd4WmuKFxDEozl7vuMzA

2018 AOTY Biggest Lake Trout Winner
2017 Simply Fishing Winner

California Canoe & Kayak Fishing Team Member
Bending Branches Team Member
Branson Baits Prostaff

2020 Stealth Fusion 480
2015 Hobie Adventure Island
West Marine Pompano 120
2019 Hobie Revo 13 (sold)
2019 Old Town Topwater 120 PDL (sold)
2013 Hobie Revo 11 (sold)
Lifetime Sportfisher (gave away)

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Just a reminder that everyone lost to a girl last year  :smt044 :smt006

Photo credit: HojoMan

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Hobie Adventure Island
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2019 Stealth Powerfisha 16
2020 Solo Skiff

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017

Aloha,
Michael
da Bruddah
msyamagata@comcast.net
(510) 282-4831
Take care and get well soon bro

ReelE

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Just a reminder that everyone lost to a girl last year  :smt044 :smt006

Photo credit: HojoMan

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Lol, that's awesome!  :smt005
E-

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Correction it Campsite D that I want to offer to anyone who needs it.
Aloha,
da Bruddah

Michael - Kiel and I would like to take you up on your offer for campsite D.

PM sent

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Nice here. Just getting started
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:35:58 PM by Bulldog---Alex »
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Ethan and I had a blast participating in the 7th annual NCKA Crabfest at Doran Beach. I always make it a point to bring the family over and camp out for the weekend and enjoy some quality time on the beach. To me Crabfest represents what the kayak fishing community is all about. An awesome family friendly atmosphere, great food, and the spirit of giving back to those in need. The Crabbing is just the excuse for us to come together.

This was Ethans first time crabbing with me so we brought out the new Feelfree Kayaks Lure 2 equipped with the Overdrive pedal system. This made it easy to pedal to our spot and provided huge stability when dropping and pulling pots. Even in swell I felt like I could move around the boat and help Ethan pull pots. I'm very excited to have this boat in our family quiver.

As always huge thanks to Victor Vwool, and Narisa for putting on such an incredible event.

For more photos of the event visit our Instagram Page. @headwaterskayak

Here is the video we made of our day for the Headwaters Youtube Page. Check out my Youtube video of the day. 

Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

anything