Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:09:54 AM]

[Today at 01:58:19 AM]

[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:10 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:35:28 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 07:39:42 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: GS4 - The MADNESS begins!!!!!!!  (Read 103086 times)

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Can't wait to get in the water with Andy the spearfishing animal!   :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Booked at the Inn of the lost coast. See you there again Scott. :smt006 I liked this place last year and has a nice sushi plate in the restaruant.  Plus it allows dogs so Brody can come along. Staying through till Tuesday, working on getting free night but not sure yet.
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

bink

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2009
I will definitely try to make it up for at least part of this event.  I can't wait to get up there and meet everyone, and catch my first rockfish from a kayak.

Michael

Fish N' Chips

• Salmon
  • Hobie Adventure
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Weather willing, I want to try a little more spearfishing this year!  It would be fun to hit a bunch of perch or black cod.  I have a some new free dive fins and a new Omer gun that wants to taste blood..... :smt070

I just epoxy coated 30 4oz and 6oz flutter jigs.  I want to stick some lings and cabs.  Oh i can't wait!

Matt
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:43:22 AM by MattS »

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Looking forward to your new work of art Matt. I have not had a chance to use the
wood shampoo that I had gotten from you since last rockfish season.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
 I've been looking forward to this since the drive home from GS III :smt003

I hope MattS traveling tackle shop is open for business :smt002

Might make a week out of it and hit Humboldt Bay and Trinidad on the way home :smt001

Looking forward to seeing all of you that I met last year  :smt001

More memories :smt004

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:38:28 AM by BANJOTAD »

amphibian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
I will be there. I am going to dive the reef that's 4-500 yards straight out from the hotel if the vis is decent. It's packed with fish and 30' deep. I'll be bringing lots of lead to trade. Bring anything you have to sell or trade.
Everybody dies, not everybody lives. What did you do today?

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Dissing Mario is wrong.  The man survived the Bataan Death March and years as a POW.

:smt009 :smt011
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Quote from: crash
Dissing Mario is wrong.  The man survived the Bataan Death March and years as a POW.

I appreciate the spirit of making sure everyone knows the history, Doug, and I agree.

Mario Machi founded Shelter Cove with his brothers before and after WWII.  "Mario's Marina" was THE Shelter Cove business/fishing community throughout my young life and long before I was even around.  My Dad made sure I knew what the occassional newspaper spotlight article would keep everyone abreast of as I grew up - Mario Machi was a proud and consistent force in Shelter Cove for decades, and his heroism at war was part of the mystique that always accompanied his presence.  I spoke to the man a few times before his passing a dozen years ago.  Mario had a reputation for not needing to say much at all to be respected as much as he was.  RIP, Mario

Al, Tad and Stoggie - you guys are off the hook for not knowing, but please consider some minor penance on this issue by becoming people who will help to pass on the info about who Mario was and how Shelter Cove came about.  Thanks, Guys.   :smt001
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:17:12 PM by Black Ab »
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

SRJ

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Hey all,

just marked the calendar for the event and the excitement is growing Kim and I are jacked to be back on the water with you all. She even says she might fall in again. This time, I'll have the camera ready. HEE HEE HEE. MattS, are you going to be selling your ripping jigs again?

See you all there.

Shannon

Fish N' Chips

• Salmon
  • Hobie Adventure
  • View Profile
SRJ, yes I will have the homemade tackle.  I just finished putting jig hooks on 50 flutter jigs and have about a hundred powder coated jig heads.  I will try to make up some more knockers and gaffs as well.  It sounds production, but I just do a few at a time until they add up.  It is just my hobbie (hmm or maybe my obsession) after all.

The flutter jigs I made some more mackerel, sardines and crab colors.  I did well on those colors last year with lingcod coming on the fish patterns and cabies on the crab colors.  I just finished some new stencil sheets, so hope this next batch will look even better.  They have all come a long way from last year.  The airbrush i got makes better detail work than the rattle cans I was using.

I will have some swimbaits, squid and scampies as well.  I have really improved my plastics with some multicolor pours.  I will post some pictures on the board soon.

Fun stuff and it keeps me out of trouble.....ok not really but I try  :smt001

Looking forward to trying some of Andy's octopus plastics as well.

Matt

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
There was no intent to disrespect Mario :smt009
Knowing his story now, I drink to his memory  :beer2

AbMan

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I will be there. I am going to dive the reef that's 4-500 yards straight out from the hotel if the vis is decent. It's packed with fish and 30' deep. ............

I'm there!!!

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Quote from: crash
Dissing Mario is wrong.  The man survived the Bataan Death March and years as a POW.

I appreciate the spirit of making sure everyone knows the history, Doug, and I agree.

Mario Machi founded Shelter Cove with his brothers before and after WWII.  "Mario's Marina" was THE Shelter Cove business/fishing community throughout my young life and long before I was even around.  My Dad made sure I knew what the occassional newspaper spotlight article would keep everyone abreast of as I grew up - Mario Machi was a proud and consistent force in Shelter Cove for decades, and his heroism at war was part of the mystique that always accompanied his presence.  I spoke to the man a few times before his passing a dozen years ago.  Mario had a reputation for not needing to say much at all to be respected as much as he was.  RIP, Mario

Al, Tad and Stoggie - you guys are off the hook for not knowing, but please consider some minor penance on this issue by becoming people who will help to pass on the info about who Mario was and how Shelter Cove came about.  Thanks, Guys.   :smt001

There was no intent to disrespect Mario :smt009
Knowing his story now, I drink to his memory  :beer2

I didn't think that any offense was intended, and thanks to Eric for posting what I should have.  I'm just going to gently put down the internet and slowly walk away for a little bit... 

I'll be at the campground with the family, I look forward to seeing you guys there.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
STOKED for you guys, BUMMED for me, won't be able to make it this year. Going to be in Cancun for a wedding. Hopefully will be able to get some fishing and diving in while I'm down in Mexico.

GIMME SHELTER is a fun filled weekend with great friends, fishing & food. For those who have not gone I encourage you all to go.

Eric thanks again for hosting what I call the best Norcal event ever! Wish I could be there.

Ariel Sea's Kayak Tow-in service will be out of service that weekend, be safe guys.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:12:08 PM by Ariel Sea »
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Hobie Adventure Island
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2019 Stealth Powerfisha 16
2020 Solo Skiff

anything