Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: YAKRONYMS for Newbies  (Read 121326 times)

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Shaker - also a snagged fish - as in tail snagged - shakin that tail and your rod tip  back and forth
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
HVL = Hidden Valley Lake
RSI = RattleSnake Island (CL)
The more the merrier.

I and my dog need a fishing trip rery soon.

Cpt Caveman

• John...Loser of gear in rocks...
  • Sand Dab
  • Look up "old gregg" on youtube. Yourewelcome.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
 can a mod sticky this please?  :smt064
Rebuilding my kit, last year I put everything on the curb for free. Some lucky guy and his gal scooped everything. Remind me never to do that again.
Items needed:
4mm wetsuit 2xl?           
vhf                                  new paddle (using my paddles from 1996)
lip gripper                       crab pot
new yak...(in my dreams)

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

ganoderma

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
SOT = sit-on-top kayak
SIK = sit-inside kayak
- Ganoderma

Santa Cruz

sharky

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile monkeyfacenews
  • Date Registered: May 2007
NAFI= no ambition, F@#kall intrerest....As in " Since I got my kayak, Ive been NAFI 'bout my powerboat."

or" That big butt was NAFI and came straight to the boat."

I had an eg with Mooch, a SUP and his fishing, but he hasnt yet banana'd me yet, so itll have to wait  :smt005

Cpt Caveman

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Rebuilding my kit, last year I put everything on the curb for free. Some lucky guy and his gal scooped everything. Remind me never to do that again.
Items needed:
4mm wetsuit 2xl?           
new yak...(in my dreams)

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
"Man-dog"

OK...since I'am the CREATOR of the Man-Dog....I will provide the "official" definition.....

The Man-Dog:

1) Has to be longer than the hot dog bun itself (no need to go crazy on the lenght of the dog itself...after all, not all dogs are gifted )
2) Has to be circum-sliced (by Mooch himself or anyone approved by the Mooch)
3) Ketchup IS the KEY ingredient regardless of what anybody says! (mustard and relish is simply an add on)
4) When the Man-Dog is topped with the extra "bling bling" (Fish Hunter's chili beans with some shredded cheese) then the Man-Dog has now been upgraded to "Man-Dog with extra Bling"

I'll be coming up with a book (DVD also available) on the proper techniques of prepping the Man-Dog...and I will also be doing a book-signing at the local mall the weekend after the release of the said book. If you want a free copy with my autograph, send me a PM.....and I'll see what I can do.

By the way, I'd like to add on to rule # 3 (because I'm the creator,thus, I CAN)

*Ketchup should not only be "poured" but "smeared" (with a proper knife) "into" the ridges of the man-dog.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:05:16 AM by Mooch »

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
I had an eg with Mooch, a SUP and his fishing, but he hasnt yet banana'd me yet, so itll have to wait 

I stopped doing the "banana" thing right after "someone" planted a pig's head inside my kayak's hatch a few years ago  :smt118

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
"Man-dog"

OK...since I'am the CREATOR of the Man-Dog....I will provide the "official" definition.....

The Man-Dog:

1) Has to be longer than the hot dog bun itself (no need to go crazy on the lenght of the dog itself...after all, not all dogs are gifted )
3) Ketchup IS the KEY ingredient regardless of what anybody says! (mustard and relish is simply an add on)
4) When the Man-Dog is topped with the extra "bling bling" (Fish Hunter's chili beans with some shredded cheese) then the Man-Dog has now been upgraded to "Man-Dog with extra Bling"

I'll be coming up with a book (DVD also available) on the proper techniques of prepping the Man-Dog...and I will also be doing a book-signing at the local mall the weekend after the release of the said book. If you want a free copy with my autograph, send me a PM.....and I'll see what I can do.

By the way, I'd like to add on to rule # 3 (because I'm the creator,thus, I CAN)

*Ketchup should not only be "poured" but "smeared" (with a proper knife) "into" the ridges of the man-dog.

The saga continues......

From my recollection, The title of, "Official Creator," of the term man-dog has been in contention with no real resolution. I believe to dub something with a "Man" prefix you must first and foremost.....actually be a man.  Usage of ketchup on any food automatically lands you in kiddie status....well....that and the 6 pack of yoo-hoo you insist on drinking while consuming your dogs. 

So, peter pan......how could you have possibly coined the phrase if you insist on slathering it with sauce designed for kids?

:smt003

Just for newbie clarification......I'm not claiming creator status.......I'm just an innovator.

..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

Cpt Caveman

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
"Man-dog"

The Man-Dog:

The saga continues......

From my recollection, The title of, "Official Creator," of the term man-dog has been in contention with no real resolution. I believe to dub something with a "Man" prefix you must first and foremost.....actually be a man.  Usage of ketchup on any food automatically lands you in kiddie status....well....that and the 6 pack of yoo-hoo you insist on drinking while consuming your dogs. 

So, peter pan......how could you have possibly coined the phrase if you insist on slathering it with sauce designed for kids?

:smt003

Just for newbie clarification......I'm not claiming creator status.......I'm just an innovator.

ohh snap son! lol he's got a point about the ketchup though
Items needed:
4mm wetsuit 2xl?           
new yak...(in my dreams)

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
That photo created the worst most painful nightmare to date.
<=>

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
it also inspired what is, in my opinion, probably one of the single funniest posts of all time....

BTW, I got an odd cell text msg from the Mooch Saturday afternoon.  It simply said, "Hi Boys.  I like mandogs.  That's all."
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
it also inspired what is, in my opinion, probably one of the single funniest posts of all time....

Ever since that post, I see a dog and here Abba singing...

There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, fernando... :smt003
Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby