Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: My new Thresher 140  (Read 6674 times)

Dannarchy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Mine comes with a rudder. I wouldn't kayak without one. It's laying in the tank well in the photo.  Are you worried the 4 rod holders will weaken that surface?

Not really since there is plenty of surface. I've seen the exact same modification done on other Thresher 140's. If I ever see or feel the integrity is compromised I can always add braces.

I also have my FF mounted on the OS pod as it really is convenient to put in or remove.

The center hatch tray holder insert is great. I have the dual level one that I use for my dry goods (phone, wallet, keys) and tackle packs I may need fishing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:05:40 AM by Dannarchy »

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
Congrats on the new yak ken! I attached a couple pics of how I setup thresher. FF all on the pod so I can take it out with ease if I don't want to use it. I just put ram balls in the rail on the back for two pole holders and I do not like either one of them, I will be putting flush mounts in eventually, I will probably just go with two, though I have considered going with 4, just not sure I need that many. My two "knoles" pole holders on the back of the seat are just duck tape covered pvc ziptied on. Also the tray insert that fits in the center hatch is awesome, I highly recommend getting one. I put my FF head unit in there when launching along with a bag of swimbaits for the day. Helps me keep my deck free of clutter.
AOTY 2014

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Thanks. I was out on the Sacramento River the other day and I got a chance to check my speed. I was paddling down stream but the tide had just started to move with me. I was averaging around 4.5 mph with a sustainable effort level. I'm sure now that the Thresher is faster than my Tarpon 120.
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Very nice kayak Ken! That thing will just attract fish at ABay!  :smt003

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
I took my Thresher out at Ocean Cove for Simply Fishing Saturday. I love how much my confidence has grown with this kayak. I paddled two miles up the coast looking for a good spot. I never found it but that was the first time really getting away from the launch area on the ocean. In the past I've been concerned that the conditions might get rough before I could get to safety. The Thresher handles it so easily. I'm looking forward to heading out to some of the better spots that are around the corner and out of sight.
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

• Napa Fisherman
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Nice boat. When fishing the ocean I try to keep the tankwell totally free besides a game clip/burlap sack/hawg trough. Just keep it simple with fishing gear and it shouldnt be an issue skipping the crate

Gearaddict

• One adventure at a time.
  • Salmon
  • Go Long, Go Hard!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
2017 Stealth - Pro Fisha 525- Grey and Blood Red
2015 Jackson Kraken -
#HazeGreyHunting #SonsofNeptune #DawnPatrol #saltynutzfishingcrew

anything