Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Poll

How much would you pay to participate in Crabfest?

$10
4 (8.2%)
$15
6 (12.2%)
$20
35 (71.4%)
Nothing, I only go because it is free.
4 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Topic: Crabfest Fee ?  (Read 2559 times)

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011

Crabfest has been free since day one, but I have been thinking of charging a fee in order to secure/purchase prizes for the raffle and cover any fees. The raffle proceeds are bennefiting www.dyf.org

Let me know your thoughts, I am ok if you would rather keep it free, but please be honest.

Please answer using the poll.

Victor.  :smt006
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:24:43 PM by vwool »
Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Victor,

Thank you for all of your hard work on this great event. I feel that you should not have to pay any fees or expenses for the group.

I would be more than happy to pay an entry fee.

Al

MooMoo Outdoors

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile MooMoo Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Victor,

Thank you for all of your hard work on this great event. I feel that you should not have to pay any fees or expenses for the group.

I would be more than happy to pay an entry fee.

Al

+1
https://youtube.com/channel/UC6mxd4WmuKFxDEozl7vuMzA

2018 AOTY Biggest Lake Trout Winner
2017 Simply Fishing Winner

California Canoe & Kayak Fishing Team Member
Bending Branches Team Member
Branson Baits Prostaff

2020 Stealth Fusion 480
2015 Hobie Adventure Island
West Marine Pompano 120
2019 Hobie Revo 13 (sold)
2019 Old Town Topwater 120 PDL (sold)
2013 Hobie Revo 11 (sold)
Lifetime Sportfisher (gave away)

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Would permits be needed then?
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Stone85

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
I wouldn't mind paying a entry fee if there is a prize or trophy. Paying a entry fee just means I get to purchase less raffle tickets.
Cheers
Nick

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Tournament organizers routinely make thousands and thousands of dollars from entry fees and clothing sales year after year. In addition, they raise thousands of dollars for great causes by raffling off all kinds of miscellaneous stuff they mostly get donated by corporate sponsors. Some people see what a wonderful blossoming sport and brotherhood we have and they think Hmmm, How can I harvest some money from these peoples paychecks? I used to resent it but now accept it as the way things work. At least they take time for the second harvest to help good causes.
I must have missed the boat on that first part, I can't speak for everyone, but after over 20+ events, I have yet to see the first penny of profit ..... hell, I have yet to ever break even on a event.
But,
I have to agree on the second part.
Money is raised for some really great causes.
Thank you to all the great people who organize these great events that bring us all together.
;0)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Hobie Outback (dune)

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
I have never organized a function, so I don’t have any experience with it. I do however know that anyone organizing an event puts a crap ton of time and effort into it. Anyone organizing a functions should never have to come out of pocket for anything,  they already devoted thier, and their families, time into it. I put down $10, but will gladly pay whatever you need! It's a great event that is close to our house!
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Doesn't matter to me if there's a fee or not.  After spending as much as I have on my fishing gear, kayak, dry suit, campground, RV, etc, etc, etc, I can not see how another 5, 10, 15 or 20 bucks is going to make a difference in my attendance. 

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
Im new to ncka and i dont mind paying a fee. Its for everybody to enjoy the fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Bunny & I agree with Snapperhead, however,  we voted $20. 
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

"Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way.  Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift."

2009 Fisherman's Warehouse ~ New Hogan ~ 1st Place Striper
2010 Yakhopper's Beardsley ~ 1st Place
2011 Fisherman's Warehouse ~ Caples Lake ~ 2nd Place
NCKA AOTY ~ Largest Striped Bass ~ 2011
2016 Crabfest 1st Place Kayak Division ~ ~ won with 13" Perch

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Tournament organizers routinely make thousands and thousands of dollars from entry fees and clothing sales year after year. In addition, they raise thousands of dollars for great causes by raffling off all kinds of miscellaneous stuff they mostly get donated by corporate sponsors. Some people see what a wonderful blossoming sport and brotherhood we have and they think Hmmm, How can I harvest some money from these peoples paychecks? I used to resent it but now accept it as the way things work. At least they take time for the second harvest to help good causes.
I must have missed the boat on that first part, I can't speak for everyone, but after over 20+ events, I have yet to see the first penny of profit ..... hell, I have yet to ever break even on a event.
But,
Thank you to all the great people who organize these great events that bring us all together.
;0)

Probably because you've never tried and it has never been your motivation.  The people that I know that run it like a business and are trying to make a nickel for themselves still don't show a great hourly - like they are lucky to make minimum wage.  It is a labor of love.  We should not begrudge them some remuneration.  It may be the only thing that convinces their spouses to let them put on these events/series in the first place.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
But,
;0)

Probably because you've never tried and it has never been your motivation.  The people that I know that run it like a business and are trying to make a nickel for themselves still don't show a great hourly - like they are lucky to make minimum wage.  It is a labor of love.  We should not begrudge them some remuneration.  It may be the only thing that convinces their spouses to let them put on these events/series in the first place.

I haven't organized many events, but I have lost money on every single one (as expected). I don't begrudge any tournament organizer who wishes to collect money for an event be it for charity or remuneration. Participants often take for granted the amount of time and work it takes to host an event.

Victor,
Do what you think is best!
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
I would be willing to pay a fee to have fun at crabfest.

scottymeboy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
A fee is OK by me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Crabfest - 1st Place -Rock Crab Division
2014 Fall Classic - 1st Place

2019 Hobie Outback
2014 RTM Abaco 420

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Hi Victor,
After attending my first Crabfest in 2015, I was blown away by all the work that you and Narissa put into making Crabfest a great event!!
I am planning to go for it  this year's as I missed the happy comraderie and goodwill, plus good food!!
I would pay $20.
Mahalo,
Michael
Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

anything