Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 23, 2024, 11:40:20 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:50:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[April 23, 2024, 05:23:24 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Almanor, Davis & Jackson Meadows  (Read 1890 times)

5outta6

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
About a week and a half ago, I spent 2 days at Lake Almanor, One day at Davis Lake & 3 days at Jackson Meadows Reservoir (but only fished two days at Jackson Meadows)
My total take for 5 days fishing was 2 small trout.  Out of our group we had a total of 6 fisher people in two boats and 2 yaks.

I think the take was 4 or 5 trout for everyone. But they put out crawdad traps and had over a hundred so we had appetizers one night.

all in all it was a good trip except the one day I had thunder storms at Lake Almanor

Here's a pic on Jackson Meadows:

boogieman

• Salmon
  • BOOGIEMAN
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
At least you didn't need to clean lots of fish?  Looks like a great day - I hope to try lake Almanor sometime later next year.
Old Town Predator PDL "Pismo Gismo"

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • It's all about the experience
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
Will be up at almanor in a couple weekends. Can't wait

Cleaning fish is a good problem to have
#fuckyourfeelings #dontbeadick #whatadick

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
I fished Almanor this morning for a big zero. Beautiful morning until the wind kicked in. Still a good time.

Al

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I fished Almanor this morning for a big zero. Beautiful morning until the wind kicked in. Still a good time.

Al

Let us know how the evening bite goes.  See you tomorrow.

-Allen

ScottV

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Frenchmans on fire right now!!
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

---------------------------------------
Dark green OK Trident 13

2014 FreshKATS Clear Lake 6th place on the fly
2014 King of the Port 2nd place on the fly
2014 FAOTY Fly Angler of the Year
2015 FreshKATS Rollins Lake Round-Up 1st place on the fly!
2015 FreshKATS Tournament of Champions 2nd place of the fly

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
I have yet to fish Davis, but almanor and Jackson meadows are two of my favorites. Them trout can be stubborn little buggers, bite should be turning on soon!
AOTY 2014

StephKillsit

• Sea Lion
  • Not yakin just yet but I still yak in other ways!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I'll be up near Jackson Meadows in a few days, made a crawdad trap to soak! Any suggestions on what to use to catch some trouts from shore?
2012 Hobie Revo 13
Intex Seahawk 2

Thank you all for your support!! I’m so glad to still be ALIVE!! Weather on land or water I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Fishigan

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Planning several trips to the Lake Almanor area in 2018. What can I expect starting late February (other than cold) and going through the remainder of the year? My end goal is to complete an Almanor Slam in August.

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Jackson Meadows and White Rock!!!!
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

Clayman

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Planning several trips to the Lake Almanor area in 2018. What can I expect starting late February (other than cold) and going through the remainder of the year? My end goal is to complete an Almanor Slam in August.
Topline plug bite typically kicks in around late February, especially when the water temps reach the low 40s.  That bite peaks in March and continues into April.  You can catch fish on just about all techniques in April/May (topline, deep troll, jig, mooch).  Best time for an Almanor slam (rainbow, brown, salmon, smallmouth) is April and May.  The timing is mostly focused on the salmon: outside of the spring months, it can be really tough to consistently catch Chinook during the other seasons.

For sheer fun and a high species count, the Hex Hatch is a good time.  That typically starts in late May and goes through July.  You can catch some relatively uncommon species fishing the Hex, everything from Sacramento perch to suckers to giant Tui chub.  A 5-7 species day is very possible that time of year.
aMayesing Bros.

Fishigan

• Sardine
  • View Profile
Jackson Meadows and White Rock!!!!
Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fishigan

• Sardine
  • View Profile
Topline plug bite typically kicks in around late February, especially when the water temps reach the low 40s.  That bite peaks in March and continues into April.  You can catch fish on just about all techniques in April/May (topline, deep troll, jig, mooch).  Best time for an Almanor slam (rainbow, brown, salmon, smallmouth) is April and May.  The timing is mostly focused on the salmon: outside of the spring months, it can be really tough to consistently catch Chinook during the other seasons.

For sheer fun and a high species count, the Hex Hatch is a good time.  That typically starts in late May and goes through July.  You can catch some relatively uncommon species fishing the Hex, everything from Sacramento perch to suckers to giant Tui chub.  A 5-7 species day is very possible that time of year.
Thanks

MotherLoad

You can check these regular fishing reports too for helpful tidbits about the lake and the current state of fishing, but I’d stick pretty closely to what Clayman described. Looking at his (Clayman)past reports will reveal a wealth of additional information.

Doug Neal’s report:
http://www.almanorfishingadventures.com/fishing_report.html

John’s (from Quail Lodge) Report:
http://www.almanorfishingassociation.com/fishing_report.html

Don’t forget about nearby Butt Valley Reservoir, it’s fed via pipeline and pump by lake Almanor and can be a great place to fish, particularly when conditions suck at Almanor, sometimes you can get lucky and find the right set of conditions down the hill at Butt.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:17:11 PM by Trutta »

Fishigan

• Sardine
  • View Profile
You can check these regular fishing reports too for helpful tidbits about the lake and the current state of fishing, but I�d stick pretty closely to what Clayman described. Looking at his (Clayman)past reports will reveal a wealth of additional information.

Doug Neal�s report:
http://www.almanorfishingadventures.com/fishing_report.html

John�s (from Quail Lodge) Report:
http://www.almanorfishingassociation.com/fishing_report.html

Don�t forget about nearby Butt Valley Reservoir, it�s fed via pipeline and pump by lake Almanor and can be a great place to fish, particularly when conditions suck at Almanor, sometimes you can get lucky and find the right set of conditions down the hill at Butt.
Excellent! Appreciate everyone's feedback.

anything