Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Del Valle 12-18 Sat  (Read 4962 times)

kickfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Joel, Bill and I were at the gate to Del Valle at 5:45am.  Only problem was that on Dec. 1st they changed the opening time from 6am to 7am.

So we a had a good time talking in the cold and dark.  Thanks, Joel... He said he was going to be there at 6am.  He was second in line and we (Bill & I) were right behind him.  By the time they opened the booth there was 10 to 12 cars waiting.

Joel got a nice 2 lb small mouth and his first fish was a 13" trout.  I got a 2 lb. small mouth around 10am and Bill got a trout (maybe the same size as Joel's around 1pm).

Talked to a few boater and they did about the same as us.

Joel claims that he has the "Lake Record Smallmouth" off a kayak for Del Valle.  So, I guess I must be the Co-Champ!!!!!

Ken

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
Nice to meet Ken, Joel, and Bill at Del Valle.  I got a later start then the others.  While they were freezing their a$$e$ off at the gate, I was in a nice warm bed.  Hah!  Arrived at the lake at 9:00 and put the Triple in with my girlfriend paddling front.  Trolled up the lake, getting 1 hit on the shad rap that didn't stick.  Met up with the guys for lunch at the far end of the lake.    Joel was showing off his "record" SM.  After lunch I pointed my yak back down the lake and trolled back while the others continued to fish on that end.  Got another hit on the shad rap that again did not stick.  Hmmm .... perhaps I should have waken up earlier ?!?

The other troll line was dragging a dodger/worm combo.  No joy there.

Any way I look at it , it was a lot nicer to be on the water, then pent up in from of a computer working all day.

-Allen

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
I had a good time out at Del Valle today. The weather was amazing considering it is the middle of December. I trolled  with only one pull down  in the morning. I marked a lot of fish fish throughout the morning but none liked my shadrap.

After lunch with Allen,his girlfriend, Joel and Ken I got back to it. I switched over to a larger shadrap since I could not cast the smaller one.

I mark yet more fish and yell over to Joel "Why won't these fish bite!!!" 30 seconds latter I am bent. I reel in a 2lb rainbow. Not large but at least the skunk was off.

Joel's 2 fish of the day:

Joel's "Lake record for guys named Joel fishing from a kayak" Smallmouth:

Ken and I with our catches. Note my trout is bigger than Joel's  :smt019

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Nice catch.  SMB are pretty, but I have never eaten one...howz it?  I need to go fishing!

kickfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Small Mouth taste sweeter than the Bucket Mouth.  The meat is a lot firmer.  It is like eating a surf perch.

Ken

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Well, another great day at Del Valle. It was nice meeting Allen and his cool girlfriend  :smt023 And as always - it's  fun to fish with comrad Bill and Ken. Ialso like to congratulate Bill for catching his first trout ever  :smt041  ya baby! Looking forward to another trip!

Small mouth bass rule!!!!! :smt066  Wish we had more of these guys on our local lakes!

Thanks for the coke Bill  :beer1

pierre

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Joel, i'm glad to see you found a place where there's no kingfish!

looks like y'all had a good time.

pierre

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Pierre.....DUDE....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?  :smt031

Haven't heard of any fishing reports from you for a while.....where are your priorities?  :smt018

Good to hear from you finally - hope to see you out there sometime  :smt002

gotta love emoticons  :smt007

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Joel,

Where have you been?  Pierre has been kicking some yellow fin tuna arse down south.

Stuart