Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:18:32 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Did anyone see this yet? Shark!  (Read 1614 times)

skyboy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Ocean Beach  —   On August 10, 2005 Ren Volpe and a friend were surfing Ocean Beach, slightly North of Sloat Blvd., San Francisco. It was foggy and windy with choppy sea conditions. Volpe recounted; “I was surfing with a friend at Sloat, Ocean Beach. It was 11:45 and we had been in the water about 45 minutes. Surf conditions were lousy: the wind had picked up and the waves were only waist high. I saw a fin out of the corner of my eye, and thought, ‘it's only a dolphin.’ I turned around to get a better look and saw a grey fin, about 50-60 yards away, moving through the water. I have seen many dolphins while surfing, and this fin was not a dolphin fin. I shouted to my friend and we quickly paddled back to the beach.” This is the fifth encounter at this location in 12 days. Caution should be exercised when utilizing this location for your ocean water activities. Please report any shark sighting, encounter or attack to the Shark Research Committee.
Joe

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
There's a beached whale in Poplar beach in HMB...it's been there for a week now and I just took some pics of it yesterday (will post soon).....
The whale looked like it had a few bite marks on it  :smt119

You guys might want to stay clear of HMB for a while....I 'm not sure what the City plans to do about the carcass but it smells really bad....you can actually smell it form the parking lot (about a hundred yards away).

skyboy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
WOW, I don't have a whale skull in my collection yet, do you want to help me get it mooch?
Joe

promethean_spark

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Let's go at it with hedge trimmers and respirators!
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early.

skyboy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
My rapala won't work?
Joe

guest Brian G

Have the teeth and jaw bone?

-Brian

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
I remember when the museum of natural history in Santa Barbara got their juvenile blue whale carcass. The techs (probably unpaid interns) were going after the skeleton with chainsaws and steam cleaners. The smell was pretty intense. The mounted skeleton is pretty cool though, especially when you walk through the ribcage. I think a whale skull would make a nice garden decoration, but might have a negative on the WAF.
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

skyboy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Sean, you haven't met my crazy wife yet, there was a seal carcass up at elk she wanted me to go get, even offered to get it for me if I didn't have the balls. I was trying to save cheek and didn't want her to do it. I shold have called her bluff because I would be one more skull richer....she wasn't bluffing. If I tell her about this she will be waking me up at 2am and going with me to get it. I was actually joking about getting it, and pretty sure I would get caught before I finished, especially with my rapala.
Joe

*<><Aliens

Mmmmm...Free muck-tuck :smt016

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Quote from: skyboy1030
WOW, I don't have a whale skull in my collection yet, do you want to help me get it mooch?

just tell me when :smt002 .....actually, you better do it now before my fellow Filipino bros get to it  :smt003 That whale blubber will go well over rice  :smt045

jmairey

• Sea Lion
  • 35" and ~25lbs of halibut
  • View Profile
my doberman (R.I.P) found a whale "finger" bone on a trip to mexico once. It was about 10" long, kind of a flattened hourglass shape. She chewed on that thing for few months and eventually finished the whole thing. seemed to really love it, they are softer than a cattle bone or something like that. porous and easy to chew.

So, if you got a dog, hold your nose and grab a few finger bones, :smt002  

Also, a really big strip bait, say 4 or 5 feet cut off that whale, trolled, at sloat would probably nail a whopper :smt005
john m. airey

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Here are the whale pics.........

anything