Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:02:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 09:24:28 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:54:38 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:40:43 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Y'all might want to check this out!!!  (Read 11807 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Actually the nationwide Kayak Bass Fishing series will be allowing electric motors in the future.  The regional qualifiers might not, but the series does.  Why? Well let's just say their top sponsor is Torqeedo.

http://kayakbassfishing.com/events/2016-kbf-national-championship/

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
The only tournament I know of that has a truly leveled playing field is Simply Fishing.

Very true. Everyone has the same tackle, not gadgets.  All the other ones are kind of a mix of ability, and technology. With an onboard Xbox, you still have to be able to get your lure down to the arch on the screen, without rat nesting. Hard as hell, I know.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Ring King

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Yep, KBF Open and Invitationals have allowed motors since the beginning.  Hasn't mattered yet though as I can't recall any motor powered kayak having won an event or even placed so far.  I'm sure that will change in time as more and more folks opt for the electric power. 

I have fished a decent amount of boat tournaments in Florida from my Pro Angler and have still done quite well even in events that allowed more than one angler per boat.  There is an advantage to having the range that a true "motor" gives you at certain venues but it can be over come a lot of the time with skill and prefishing.  During the last several years of the Florida Sportsman North East Bash events in Jacksonville kayakers have held the majority of the spots in the top ten finishing positions.  The caveat that helps the kayakers in many of those types of events are the fact that the tournaments are set up as "open launch" where boundaries are given or a specific body of water is chosen and competitors are free to launch where ever they like within the tourney boundries.

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  I don't know,,, but I honestly think electric motors don't let you catch more fish.  It might make it easier to get to where the fish are, but that skill of catching fish is in the fisherman, not the boat.
   A pedal drive kayak is a type of motor.  Sure it's human powered, but speed wise it's pretty much equal to an electric trolling motor...
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

revrat

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
I just ordered a Thresher, in part because of the pedal drive video and the discussion surrounding the notion that it would be compatible with the flexpod equipped boats, then I saw this today...........

http://www.wildernesssystems.com/us/experience/news/article/flex-pod-os-console-compatibilities

I really hope that the pedal drive will be compatible with the boat I just bought when it does get released, because that was a major factor in my decision to go with the Thresher. Even if not, I'm still going to use and enjoy the boat.

anything