Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Native Watercraft Titan 10.5 Test Ride and initial impressions  (Read 8824 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Had a real fun time yesterday tooling around in the new Native Watercraft Titan 10.5 with my kids! What a great little kayak with tons of storage. Usually I suffer taking my girls out because I lose storage space and have no easy way to store my rods. But with the rod tip protectors and stagers, it made it easy. Transporting the 97lb Titan 10.5 was a breeze with the Boonedox Landing Gear, which also has little integrated rails that make it easy to install some optional accessories.

The Titan was very stable, as my little one loved to play in the back of it, standing up, leaning over to touch the water, etc. She kept cozy and dry, and I didn't feel the slightest bit of instability. My older one got tired of paddling her own kayak, so I clipped her in and we went trolling around - was able to do 3mph in a moderate breeze even with the second kayak clipped to my side.

The Titan 10 is probably one of my favorite kayaks I've tried in years. Turns like the dickens.  Let me know if you want to do a test ride sometime.

JohnnyAb

• Sea Lion
  • FISH IN THE SEA,LIVE IN THE WOODS,WORK AT BEACH
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
Lucky girls there!
That spot is way better than the back seat of the old station wagon!
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking”     -J.C. Watts

“we are a community that is committed to each other, the health of our waters, and the sport we all love"
-Scurvy

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Thanks for the initial report Ben.  Why on earth are you using the "cheap" Hobie paddle for emergency paddling?  We have so many bad incidents here with this paddle!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Thanks for the initial report Ben.  Why on earth are you using the "cheap" Hobie paddle for emergency paddling?  We have so many bad incidents here with this paddle!
I unfortunately only have three paddles now. My aqua bound which Olivia was using, my really nicr Werner which I rarely use since it's just too nice, and my cheap Hobie ones. They're completely useless but I carry them as a backup anyways. The Native Propel Drive is so reliable that I've never had to use a paddle on the water.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

MenGo

• Sand Dab
  • Man I love fishing
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
Curious, how did you add the 2nd seat to the back? Is it strapped down by the bungies, or another way? Thinking about doing the same when I take my nephew out!
Fish on buddy!

DarthBaiter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2018
i like this boat.  i might pick one up to start my two boat armada.!

couple of questions.  what happens to the crappy Hobie paddle?  that is what i have!!

and the boondox..it clips to a rail?  no drilling? 

Mijo

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
Hi Vash,

On the titan 10.5 the boonedox attaches to the rear rails. No drilling required. If you want to try it out let me know and we can meet up.

mijo

anything