Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:16:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:53:15 PM]

[Today at 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: BAM II Report  (Read 10378 times)

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I might as well get the ball rolling.
If you missed being there you missed a GREAT time with a lot of great people. The fishing was better than last year. Five fish were entered at weigh-in time but more were caught afterwards. Since there was no love for me I will let those who did catch fish tell their stories.
Catching a fish would have only been icing on the cake. Just hanging out with everyone was worth the trip in and of itself. The food was off the hook!!!! I enjoyed putting faces to names on the board and seeing old friends as well.
Cudos to the Whites for hosting such an event. I know there was a lot of work that went into it. Fantastic job!
Here are a few non fish pics; even though CHUB and I did our best.

<=>

Bungle

• Salmon
  • I have no idea what I'm doing
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Nice pics, Tote.  I've been waiting for someone to post something about the event.  I wasn't able to make it and am curious who took that belt buckle home! 

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
HINT: It isn't the first tournament he has won.
<=>

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
A huge thanks to everyone who put this fishin-dig on! Fun, fun, fun! Lots of happy campers, young and older gathering for the love of fishing and food! Bait delivery, home brew and great prizes. I started out with no FF, and then found I left my radio on - blind and deaf. But  I stuck out a tough seven hours in the saddle, nailing a seven and a half pound fighter, earning me third place. I feel pretty lucky, it was just a slowish day, everyone tried HARD doing the same thing.
20 # specta, carolina rigged with a live minnow on a split ringed live bait hook, a"la Mooch. Also got a 13 inch smallie that I would have released but had a fatal encounter with my hook. Mooch caught a great big huge fat stipeless striper but never found the garter snake. Maybe next time...
Im beat, wish I had a hot tub, NCKA rocks and see 'ya! Ben
Anita will post her own report with the pics.
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Well it was another fantastic GWKC/NCKA shin-dig.  We ended up with 52 anglers about 6 more than BAM I.  I saw a lot of new faces at this event, missed a lot of the regular O-G crew.  Weather was nice, and the fishing was better than last year, but not as good as during the SBA Tourney.  We weighed 5 fish for the tourney, but more fish came before and after the event.

The Winners:

1st    Bsteves with a 10.5 pound slug of a striper!  Brian took home $500 bucks and the gorgeous buckle!
2nd   Bill broke his Mendo curse and went home with $250 in cash for his 8.75 pound lineside!
3rd    Guitarzan placed with hhis 7.56 pound striper and took home $100 in cash.

Jdyak won the big kitty with a 8.25 pound channel cat and went home with $50 and a drybag from Surf to Summit

We raised a pile of cash for the Ukiah Chapter of the SBA and the raffle also was extremely successful. The potluck was the usual NCKA food orgy,but I did hear MANY people lament the absence of ChuckE and his world famous fish-fryer.  Mark Shimizu however stepped in and filled the void with a huge pot of coconut and sweet potato curry that was insanely tasty!  Lots of other delicious meals including Troys soul food delicacies and much much more.

We drank a full keg of Boont Amber and Molbassers5 gallon keg of home brew... :beer3

People were getting bit before I even showed up.  Randy and Ty Nellums had this 30 incher first thing Friday am...

Not to be outdone GTO and his dad got this beauty early on Friday...

JD with his jackpot kitty...

Bsteves showing that the Bodega Posse can "fishsniffer" anything!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 08:07:41 PM by scwafish »

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Papa Bill with his 2nd place fish...

Fishhunter getting his big raffle prize, a Roleez cart courtesy of GWKC...nice haircut Adam...are we related???

Tote won the pimp GTS seat with a pocket and rodholder provided by Surf to Summit...

surfingmarmot

I ended up fishless for my first ever BAM, but I, along with my whole family had a great time nonetheless. I want to thank Sean and Leah White for their hard work is putting together such a great event. And I also thank not only Bill and the other NCKA people involved in the planning including Chris Baugh (MolBasser) for the beer and the pig roast (others helped but names escape me now), but all the NCKA group. A special thanks from my daughters Gabriella and Isabella to the security team led by Jefe White, the Wonder Chihuahua.

Congratulations to those who got well-earned fish and prizes. The money went to a great cause as well. It was great to put faces to names and a more courteous, friendly group of fishers and campers cannot be found.

My whole family (wife and daugthers) felt right at home and my wife's complement to me sums it up nicely:"The girls and I don't fish much but we felt like part of the 'family', the White family and everyone there were just plain great people. I never imagined we'd have such a great time camping at a fishing tournament. Sign us up for next year."

I've got some photos including Joel's (Mooch) brush with the 'Claws of Death' but I'll have to upload later.

MolBasser

• Sea Lion
  • Kayak disguised as a Bass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2005
I had very little to with the pig roast, all that goes to kayakbuilder (aka "Pigboy")..... But the beer was good.

I will have a detailed report later.  I'm sort of burnt tonight...

Excellent time.  The food, as usual, was the bomb!  Looks like we need to get a full barrel of beer next year as the lampreys of the club latched onto Scwafish's and my keg and just sucked them dry!!!

Good times and good fish.

MolBasser
2006 Kayak Connection Father's Day Champion
"The Science of Fishing"
Relax, Don't Worry, Have a Homebrew!
  :happy10:

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I'm sorry I missed out on what I knew was going to be another epic event.  Glad all you guys had a great time!
Winner - 2023 ARW Halibut Derby "King of the Wall"
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
ChuckE ...we missed you bro.  Somehow when all the eating carnage was said and done, someone asked "what happened to the fried fish?".  Yup, without ChuckE, WE HAD NO FRIED FISH.  What's the world coming to?

-Allen

gotbaitgofish

• gotbaitgofish
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
nice pic insaneduane
once again i had a blast
to the folks that put this together great job
shout's out to the g.w.k. n.c.k.a family's
pat & randy mol bassertote and son nice to see you guy's
all the new folks nice to meet you also
untill next year
 :icon_r&r:

scwafish you have my number call me lets talk solar
got saltwater

jselli

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I could have joined you. Congrats to all the winners! Can't wait to see you guys at the next event.
Jason
...The sea, once it casts its spell
holds one in its net of wonders forever.
                          Jacques Cousteau

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
The curse has been broken! I really owe it all to Joel who told me to go with light line so I went wit 10 lb main line and 8lb leader. That did the trick! I landed my fish after a 10 minute fight, my largest striper ever, first Mendo striper and first ever tournament I placed in! If it was not for that darn Bodega crew I would have won!  :smt003

Thanks again to the White family for putting on a great event and letting my family crash at the casa. Also sharing a tent with me! Outstanding job as always!

The raffle went really well, thanks again to all the donated prizes or gathered prizes! Grand total raised in the raffle was $1,126 (someone slipped me an extra dollar) That is outstanding!!

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Nice haul on the raffle!!!  What's the Chef grand total now?

MolBasser

• Sea Lion
  • Kayak disguised as a Bass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2005
BTW, I left my shovel....  :smt013

PM me if you picked it up anyone.

MolBasser
2006 Kayak Connection Father's Day Champion
"The Science of Fishing"
Relax, Don't Worry, Have a Homebrew!
  :happy10: