Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:01:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:20:40 PM]

[Today at 06:06:38 PM]

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Kayak Angler of the Year  (Read 5931 times)

Seabreeze

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Congrats on the impending to both Bill and Brian :smt007

I am a New Year's Eve arrival.  It is the BEST day of the year for a birthday.  I will keep my finger's crossed for your little ones to be so lucky.

The last two New Years eve's Randy has taken me to the pre-party dinner held at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  Last year we had a table in front of the deep ocean tank with the white shark in it.  We also enjoyed positively melt-in-your-mouth smoked sturgeon........ :smt016

We would love to share an evening of story telling and recognition with this group this winter.  Finding folks who share our passion has meant a great deal to us.  As others have noted, it is great that Bill has brought the likes of Mooch and Sean and all into our lives.

Pat
Saltwater is the cure for everything that ails us,
sweat, tear or the sea.

jselli

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Too many post's to keep up so if I write something that has already been said, sorry. I agree that Bill has done a great job as well as Joel, chuck, Sean and the other moderators who have offered great advice and encouragement.  Kayak fishing has enriched my life and I have met many great people that I otherwise would have not.  I think an end of the year dinner would be great too.

Jason
...The sea, once it casts its spell
holds one in its net of wonders forever.
                          Jacques Cousteau

jdyak

• Salmon
  • Joel fishing Linda Mar Creek 06
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I agree with Jason,  End of the year party for sure!  My vote for kayak angler of the year is Joel.

When I first started fishing with him, he had lots of energy and excitement about kayak fishing.  He was always willing to get up early, and hit the water before the sun came up.  I have seen him fishing in the rain, when he couldn't feel his hands anymore and shivering as he paddled in.  He spends many hours preparing for his adventures and always seems to have the latest and greatest gear.  

Others that come to mind are Jelly, Bill, Seann, Bluekayak, mikfish, Chuck, Stuart to name just a few.  These guys are what kayak fishing is all about!
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.  - Herculites -
2006 NCKA BAM 1st place Catfish Winner

jselli

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Don't give Joel to much credit for all his fishing adventures. If he had a lawn to mow or a diaper to change things would be different.  

Just kidding Joel, without your assistance I would never have fished nearly as much or as effective, not to mention it never would have been as fun.  What a great group of people we all have to fish with!

Jason
...The sea, once it casts its spell
holds one in its net of wonders forever.
                          Jacques Cousteau

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Don't give Joel to much credit for all his fishing adventures. If he had a lawn to mow or a diaper to change things would be different.

funny but true! I have to say that my lifestyle allows me to fish more than the average NCKA member - this is why I don't feel like I deserve all the credit. There are guys like Stuart,Fred,Josh and Erik who rarely get to fish (and I'm sure there are many more names to mention)...but when you put 'em on the water = THEY PRODUCE CONSISTENTLY. IMO: Hat's off to the guys & gals who can balance responsibility and fishing.....cause I can't  :smt003

CONGRATULATIONS to the future Parents = Bill & Brian  :baby

promethean_spark

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
My wife's willing to host a party at my house in Fremont.  It's close enough to san jose for bill to run back if his wife goes into labor.   :smt003
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early.

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
Hey Josh, that's incredibly generous of your wife.  You must have a big surplus of points. :smt003
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

skyboy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
my wife would probably host a party too,but our house being what it is, (mooch dubbed it the "house of death") I am sure it would offend someone.......
Joe

Travis

Quote from: skyboy
my wife would probably host a party too,but our house being what it is, (mooch dubbed it the "house of death") I am sure it would offend someone.......

I bet you got some big beasts on the walls huh? Thats awesome!

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Quote from: Travis
Quote from: skyboy

I bet you got some big beasts on the walls huh? Thats awesome!

yeah....and any NORMAL house hold usually have all their stuffed animals in the den or living room....well guess what? Joe and Jennifer have their animals staring at you while you have dinner...kinda freaky...especially when you're feeding on some delicious,mouthwatering wild bore.....

all I have in my "den" is a singing bass......which desperately needs some new batteries....

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE/SKYBOY....(Sunday is his birthday)

promethean_spark

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
You guys should see my dad's basement.  Wall to wall, floor to ceiling antlers, fish, antique rifles and other cool stuff.

I keep my wife pretty happy, and there's no point in having a fairly large house/yard if we don't use it.
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early.

Mr.Matt

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Being a newb still I would have to vote for the person who posted the most reports and led to helping me learn the most.
Mooch! But the Ukiah Clan definately caught some awesome fish!
Jelly, what can anyone say? I caught a lot of fish growing up fishing with my dad but they were mostly trout. You have caught fish I only read about and dream about! You definately get an award, not to mention you are a nice kid in a world of not nice kids. Shows your folks know what they are doing.

And congrats Bill.
Matt

anything