Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:53:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:50:39 PM]

[Today at 06:46:00 PM]

[Today at 06:45:26 PM]

[Today at 06:45:01 PM]

[Today at 05:32:15 PM]

[Today at 04:51:41 PM]

[Today at 03:38:04 PM]

[Today at 02:40:25 PM]

[Today at 12:23:11 PM]

[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Linked Events

• Simply Fishing Tournament 9/27/14: September 27, 2014

Topic: *results pg 36*Simply Fishing Tournament 9/27/14  (Read 44063 times)

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Congrats Craig

There is SIMPLY no one more deserving of this win that you - two tickets to paradise Yeah!
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
AWESOME!!

Congrats Craig!!!!!!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Glad you guys had a window to fish the tourney. Nice job Ruben! :smt001

Congrats Craig..have fun in Panama buddy. :smt006

Sweet find Joe on the ab pearls too  :smt007

Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.

"Spearos before Hos" - Silent Hunter

"Give your son a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

Proud Papa of ...........
2018 JAOTY Lucas aka Baja Ninja
2018 JDOTY Noah aka Silent Hunter

Jacks

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Right on Craig!  Way to kick butt in your old fishing grounds.

Creid00

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Had a great time even though I, well you know, got sea sick.  First time for me involved in an event of this sort.

To redeem myself I went out yesterday for about 10 hours.  A Rock, Green Ling, and a Ling were taken and not sick once.

Thanks again Rubin for organizing such an awesome event.

-Chris

napajustin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2012
This tournament has such a cool concept! Ruben is not only a skilled fisherman, but also knows how to organize a unique, awesome event. I also hear he's an actual chef! Thanks again to Ruben and his family(and all others involved) for all the hard work making this happen for us. After seeing PescaDono's picture of the cove Friday morning, which I felt really helped the turnout, I loaded up and got there around 6PM. Of course, ReelKnots has already claimed "my" :smt002 camping site, and was already cooking up some delicious grub. The handful of us early birds enjoyed some beers and what turned out to be a warm, pleasant evening. 20-30 knot winds were non-existent, it was nice. Crashed out at PescaDono's place, which was super nice of him to offer.

Had a great time fishing Saturday and Sunday, and caught lots. I also think I had just as much fun diving this year with Rider, Bloodbath, Bluegill, and DesertDiver. Kiet, DesertDiver and myself snagged some 10 inch abs on Sunday in 35 fow. For those who haven't done this tournament, you "simply" must next year. It's not to be missed.

2013 Yakhopper's Delta Kayak Madness - 2nd Place Striper Division
2015 Gimme Shelter Tournament - 2nd Place Overall Tie x4
2015 Gimme Shelter Tournament - 1st Place Team w/ Wingshooter
2024 People Magazine's Sexiest Man of the Year

Salty.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Congrats Craig!  :smt001

Great work on the tourney Ruben!   

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Awesome job on the tourney Ruben. Wished I could have been there. Again work prevailed and stopped me from coming. Hopefully next year brother. Congrats Craig on winning.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Kiet, DesertDiver and myself snagged some 10 inch abs on Sunday in 35 fow.

OK need to see a separate post with pics.  :smt007
Kiet, Russ, Justin?????
Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.

"Spearos before Hos" - Silent Hunter

"Give your son a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

Proud Papa of ...........
2018 JAOTY Lucas aka Baja Ninja
2018 JDOTY Noah aka Silent Hunter

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Getting a job has been a huge blessing, except for the impact it has had on my fishing!  :smt044  After I ended up having to stay late at work I didnt get home until after 8pm with nothing packed we gave up on the idea of making it up there Friday night.  But we packed the truck and headed out as early as possible and arrived at the camp at around 9:30.  After saying hello to everyone that was landing I suited up and headed out  :smt003  Only to find that I couldn't force myself to make it anywhere north around the point without being in some pretty crappy conditions.  I made the best of it trying to work the kelp line, then eventually fishing inside the cove as the fan turned on soon thereafter.  I did enjoy a nice beer and some paddiling around the cove for the heck of it.  I didn't catch a fish, but I had fun on the water with some great guys, and enjoyed a fine evening with some of awesome pals.  Sara had fun too  :smt004  And Bacon!  :smt044
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
This was some real fun for me. Bird couldn't come down. Missed you bud!!!!! Erik Sowa/Abdiver came down Friday night and we assembled the trailer with boats and filled the truck with gear for a 3:45 take off Saturday morning. We passed Timber at 5:15 to use the head at Stillwater. Then doubled back to Timber. Looked good. Unloaded and then wheeled down, chatting with others and totally stoked that it was on. Leepins showed up  and I let Patrick use a T-13 then we were off. As we rounded the corner you could tell that there were some larger sets coming through but totally fishable. Once in awhile a swell in the 8+ range would lip and that was exciting. As we were paddling north we saw a yellow boat starting to angle out and towards us. Erik thought it might be Kiel. Nope. This dude was hauling ass and then I understood why. It was Napa Justin on his awesome Scupper Pro. Fastest plastic boat out there. He asked if he could join us and we cheerily replied, "get the fuck outta here." Just kidding. The three of us set up off Stillwater. I started fishing the iron first because I wanted to save the swimbait for the closer to the top of the tide. The iron was getting hit right from the git-go. I caught what felt like a decent ling and when it got to the top I was kind of disappointed. It was what I thought was around 10 pounds. Maybe 30-31 inches. I clipped it because ya never know. We stayed pretty much around that area and went almost as far as the cauldron, which is just north of Stillwater Cove. Never getting anything larger than the ling I had clipped. A lot of fish were caught just nothing monster. We slowly made our way back south. Stopping every so often to try but the wind had picked up to 15+ so the baits were pretty scoped out. I kept on getting more small lings though. Almost down to the totem pole I thought I saw Scott/GB2 on his Eddy. Turned to spy out Erik, turned back and no one at home on the Eddy. Paddling over just in time to watch Scott climb back aboard. I waited for a few minutes to make sure he was good to go. Then I fished just a bit more before calling it and paddled in.

I love this tournament! It really is how this whole thing started. At least for me it is. No electronics. A paddle and a boat. Minimal gear. Looking for clues as to the shape of reefs according the land mass and points. Feeling the bottom for hard structure. Top notch fun.

When we landed I went up to Ruben and asked him if he could weigh this punk lingcod for me. He did and I was shocked that it ended up as the biggest ling in the tourney at 9lbs. 9ozs. I was like " are you fucking kidding me?" Kind of shocked actually.

The potluck and saying hi to everyone was pretty fun. I actually got to just chill,  burn some beef ass and relax. Thanks again Ruben for all you did and continue to do for the kayak angler. Special shout to Headwaters Kayak( Dan Arbuckle), Paddle Panama and Stealth for putting this prize together. The best prize I have ever seen for a kayak fishing tourney. We are stoked. Linelle is really excited too!!!!

See you all at Anchor!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:06:05 PM by ravensblack »
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
THE MAN!
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thanks to Sarah Wirt for the amazing photos
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:23:49 PM by fishkraft »
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
These are from my wife, Jennifer.
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

Greatwhite

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
Ruben, Thanks for a great tournament.Had a blast !Good company,Good fishing. Brought 1 ling home barbequed it ,good stuff
Tim