Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:37:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 09:24:28 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:54:38 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:40:43 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Tournament Artwork- could an option exist to purchase in print form for framing  (Read 3644 times)

Goz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2010
Great idea.   Most of my tournament shirts have mysteriously shrunk and do not fit anymore.   
Formally "jimgosc"

1st Estero Kayak Challenge Champion
3rd place MBK Derby 2009
3rd place Kayak Connection Tourney 2013

Kayak Connection Fishing Team member

Let's go fishin', and don't look back, cuz you'll never see a hearse with a kayak rack!

JohnnyAb

• Sea Lion
  • FISH IN THE SEA,LIVE IN THE WOODS,WORK AT BEACH
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
Cool idea!  I will look into this for this year's artwork for GS14.

:smt001

Two words: Pellon prints.

They are low cost fabric sheets to perform screen registration and color saturation by the printers prior to inking shirts and make really good (IMO) framed poster art. They use the t-shirt screens so no different sizing, layout, substrates are needed.

With today’s technology, smaller photo-printer renderings May be a good alternative.

One Word:
      QUILT  :smt044
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking”     -J.C. Watts

“we are a community that is committed to each other, the health of our waters, and the sport we all love"
-Scurvy

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Cool idea!  I will look into this for this year's artwork for GS14.

:smt001

Two words: Pellon prints.

They are low cost fabric sheets to perform screen registration and color saturation by the printers prior to inking shirts and make really good (IMO) framed poster art. They use the t-shirt screens so no different sizing, layout, substrates are needed.

With today’s technology, smaller photo-printer renderings May be a good alternative.

One Word:
      QUILT  :smt044

Yep! that's a good one, but can't add to it very easy as new events transpire. You can always buy another picture frame.
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

Codzilla

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Great idea, I have the art work from I believe the last Rockfish Wars, framed and hanging in my dining room. Thanks again Damen !!! it was going to go in the camp trailer but looked to good in the house lol !!!   
3rd place Trinidad Rockfish Wars lll
6th place GS11

Camo Hobie Outback
 Old Town Predator 13

solsrf1

• Industry Affiliate
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Imagine a piece that showed the evolution of logos for each event...like all of the Albion logos together. Or all of the Crabfest logos together. Or all of the Gimme Shelter logos/colors!
Great idea Pat! NCKA-meets-Warhol😝

Big Hammer Pro Staff
Kayak Connection Fishing Team

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Like many of you, I have over a decades worth of tournament shirts that sit in a drawer. Many of the shirts are faded from many years of use, and others, varied in quality of the material and sizing inconsistencies from one tournament to another, and some are still perfect. This is not meant as criticism, but just a realization that I have like 40+ tourney shirts in a drawer that I don't get to wear often enough. They are also a great reminder of an awesome time with a bunch of cool people! When I look back at all of the cool collaborations and creative artwork that we have seen over the years, it got me to thinking, how bad-ass would it be to have some of those same shirts framed as a print up on my wall that could be viewed daily!!
I have no idea if this is even feasible or would create too much work for tournament directors. I took an informal poll by asking many people at our events over the last summer what they thought, and all seemed to favor the idea.
Tournament directors: is this a possibility and cost effective for you to offer this opportunity for your event artwork to live on for a lifetime as a framed print?
Thank you for your consideration and feedback.
Tight Lines-
Mike
Do you have room on your walls for 40+ framed prints? My walls are already being covered with Amadeo framed prints.
  Not all of us are so fortunate to have that many but I am working on it! LOL ANd yes I would love to get prints and even auction of the original for funds!
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

anything