Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:58:14 PM]

[Today at 07:32:12 PM]

[Today at 07:24:10 PM]

[Today at 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[Today at 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:58:15 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:57:35 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Anybody fishing the Trout Opener?  (Read 1082 times)

golfish

• Salmon
  • ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I've got my bread and butter flies tied up and ready to go to norcal. Low water year so we can pretty much go where we want like summer and should be able to find a place with no other peeps.  Gonna do some more shad recon too, they weren't at the spot last week but hopefully they will be there now...
Blue Eddyline Caribbean 14 + Torqeedo Ultralight 403
Sunrise OK Trident 13

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I'll be on the Tuolumne.

Clayman

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
I've been mulling through a ton of fishing options for this weekend.  Deer Creek and late winter-run steelhead was among them  :smt004.
aMayesing Bros.

ScottV

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
To much other water to waste joining everyone else on a just opened piece of water.

Now that shad are in the system, I'll be staying in town going for them when I am not going for bass or trout high in the hills.
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

---------------------------------------
Dark green OK Trident 13

2014 FreshKATS Clear Lake 6th place on the fly
2014 King of the Port 2nd place on the fly
2014 FAOTY Fly Angler of the Year
2015 FreshKATS Rollins Lake Round-Up 1st place on the fly!
2015 FreshKATS Tournament of Champions 2nd place of the fly

golfish

• Salmon
  • ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Usually the opener is over rated IMO but with low water it should be good. Have a good game plan to avoid the crowds and get to some steelie sized trout, just gotta put in a little extra effort.

Hopefully it will be a good shad year, I'll be checking some spots with the spey rod on the Sac Friday. Sounds like the fly guys are off to a good start on the AR, didn't fish it once last year because we found consistently larger and more fish than the reports we heard over on the AR.
Blue Eddyline Caribbean 14 + Torqeedo Ultralight 403
Sunrise OK Trident 13

bwodun

some of my best memories growing up, were opening weekend in the eastern sierra , we would all(the men folk) head up to crowley hot creek owens bishop area with my grandfather, uncles, dad and kids. sometimes dunking bait for us kids, until we were old enough to throw the long rods, but mostly just camping and hanging out doing men things. one of my most favorite memories was the time when my uncle let me shoot his 1911 when i could barely hold it, must have been 6 or 7, still can feel that bump in my forehead :smt003, and if he was still alive, im sure he would still feel the beating he got from my mother :smt044, havent fished an opening trout weekend since my teens, miss those times. cameron

ps. i think my favorite memories were from toms place, and the ice cream after a long day on the water

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Thinking of heading towards hat creek. Anyone going to be in the area for the opener sun/mon?
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

CappyMoMo.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
some of my best memories growing up, were opening weekend in the eastern sierra , we would all(the men folk) head up to crowley hot creek owens bishop area with my grandfather, uncles, dad and kids. sometimes dunking bait for us kids, until we were old enough to throw the long rods, but mostly just camping and hanging out doing men things. one of my most favorite memories was the time when my uncle let me shoot his 1911 when i could barely hold it, must have been 6 or 7, still can feel that bump in my forehead :smt003, and if he was still alive, im sure he would still feel the beating he got from my mother :smt044, havent fished an opening trout weekend since my teens, miss those times. cameron

ps. i think my favorite memories were from toms place, and the ice cream after a long day on the water

Mine are pretty much he same but a little farther south in Independence.  Aunt and Uncle owned the Circle V motel and we always went over there.  I used to kill it in a 10x10 overflow pond back behind their trailer court,,,,  errrr  trailer park.

I want to be able to do the same with my kids in a few years minus the trailer park.   Lucky I'm alive today as they were both raging alcoholics that drank all day,  every day driving us from fishing hole to fishing hole.   Won't treadjack with my lame stories too much,  this just got my memories going again.

www.plantfertility.com
Trident Ultra 4.7
Morgan Consulting LLC Agronomy Pro Staff
Hating the Seahawks and the Raiders cause they suck.

Mr.Matt

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Shad buttoned up last few days here on the AR. I've been out last 3 days, with the water flows up then down and with the weather they weren't holding at all. Managed a few on a bloody Maria.
Matt

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Shad buttoned up last few days here on the AR. I've been out last 3 days, with the water flows up then down and with the weather they weren't holding at all. Managed a few on a bloody Maria.
do it in the yak damn it!!! we need points

Mr.Matt

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
HAHAHAHAHA.  I know bro. I'm gonna try to get some tomorrow at Berry.
You going? If so see u there.

I'm bringing a secret weapon! Hope to land some hog trout!
Matt

SASQUATCH

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2013

Those are some cool memories.
OK BIG GAME PROWLER