Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:12:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 11:51:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:16:08 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:56:21 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:50:41 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Forebay Fish n Chill Feb 19 - 21, 2010  (Read 7859 times)

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I never made it out on the water. If I were to do so, I missed my chance on Friday. It was flat calm out there. On Saturday, I decided to practice an abundance of caution when I saw how much the wind was roiling the water. On Sunday, a lingering heel problem  kept me on terra firma too.

I very much enjoyed the company, even if Andy (Fish Master1) managed to burn off any lint off my jacket when he put the tumbleweed on the fire.

Some pictures on the first day:

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
It was VERY calm and warm on Friday.

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Friday evening by the fire. When Sara has fork in hand, be afraid...be very afraid. But, do make a beeline for her cooking.

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
The evenings spent by the fire was very relaxing...until Andy introduced the tumbleweed to the pot.

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
No rain on Saturday but very windy. The food fest went on for most of the day., with the group briefly challenging the wind in between.

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Despite his modesty, Andy is a very good cook. He and Sara came up with some great concoctions, with Pat (Sin Coast) and Melissa contributing dishes. Freddie contributed his first catch to the kitchen (held up by Mooch).

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Deep fried chicken, BBQ tri-tips, fried pork loin, crispy asparagus...the night-time critters didn't go hungry either after Jedmo, Sin Coast, and CaptainKayak had their fill.

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
And the dishes were topped off by Melissa's stir fried rice dish.

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Damn it.... I knew I was missing out on a good time, especially after seeing those pics.  On the brightside, I avoided another food coma. :smt003
Winner - 2023 ARW Halibut Derby "King of the Wall"
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

• Don't let yesterday take up too much of today
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Lovin all the pics you guys posted, and lovin to chill with you all even more! It was great to meet some new peeps and missed the peeps who couldn't make it.

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the next fish n chill, and for when it gets warmer so I can bring my little man along  :smt001

Love ya!
-Sara
I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance...

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Very first fish n chill with the Mooch.. Miss you like hell bro!
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Good find Andy.
Re-reading this post damn near brought a tear to my eye!! I think the original idea for this FnC was a going-away party for Mooch.

Dear Alaska,
Be afraid...be very afraid...

Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

PablitoPescador

• Sea Lion
  • Sorry ladies, I'm married to the sea
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Really makes me sad that I got into the game a little too late to meet the Mooch. Here's his recap from that year :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

fish score from the 19 to the 21st....

Friday - Jdyak scores one schoolie striper (released) and looses one by the yak
Saturday - Fred kept 2 keepers, Sarah released one schoolie, Jdyak released one schoolie
Sunday - Joel released one schoolie and Tui Chub / Pete (from Reno) released one schoolie and one keeper

Weather report: It NEVER rained on Friday and Saturday. Sunday morning, we got a drizzle...

in other news.....

"Fishmaster Gone Wild"
* Andy and John / jdyak try to wrestle "Sexy 240 / Mooch" to the ground....jdyak gets tossed to the ground and almost cracks his skull on the cement post while Andy nearly gets his nuts crunched...Mooch dominates using MMA / street fighting skillzzzz
* 20 minutes later, Andy sits right next to mooch and throws his elbow to unsuspecting mooch.....mooch's chin and lower lip bleeds.....Andy later explained his rash and bold behavior:  "your ugly and I just don't like you"
* Later that evening, Andy attempts to set Hojoman on fire by dumping a big ball of tumble weed right on the bon fire...just a couple of feet away from Hojoman....(Hojo barely escapes 3rd degree burns on his entire body)

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Really makes me sad that I got into the game a little too late to meet the Mooch. Here's his recap from that year :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Saturday - Fred kept 2 keepers, Sarah released one schoolie, Jdyak released one schoolie
Sunday - Joel released one schoolie and Tui Chub / Pete (from Reno) released one schoolie and one keeper

Weather report: It NEVER rained on Friday and Saturday. Sunday morning, we got a drizzle...

in other news.....

"Fishmaster Gone Wild"
* Andy and John / jdyak try to wrestle "Sexy 240 / Mooch" to the ground....jdyak gets tossed to the ground and almost cracks his skull on the cement post while Andy nearly gets his nuts crunched...Mooch dominates using MMA / street fighting skillzzzz
* 20 minutes later, Andy sits right next to mooch and throws his elbow to unsuspecting mooch.....mooch's chin and lower lip bleeds.....Andy later explained his rash and bold behavior:  "your ugly and I just don't like you"
* Later that evening, Andy attempts to set Hojoman on fire by dumping a big ball of tumble weed right on the bon fire...just a couple of feet away from Hojoman....(Hojo barely escapes 3rd degree burns on his entire body)
You were there? My memory is definitely fading.

PablitoPescador

• Sea Lion
  • Sorry ladies, I'm married to the sea
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013

in other news.....

"Fishmaster Gone Wild"
You were there? My memory is definitely fading.
nope I definitely wasn't there Howard, was just doing some history of NCKA 101 research. Sounds like you almost got scorched beyond recognition!