Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: limeklin trip  (Read 1718 times)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
thinking about hitting up limeklin on thursday or friday, at this point best weather report wins :smt003  both days look good in the forcast :smt005 . there is a great income tide for those days, that shloud translate to good fishing & big lingsssssssss :smt098. let me know who can go :beer2  chefstefano
live life to the fullest!!!!

• View Profile
look kike friday will be the day because tomorrow i am going to try for wsb off point pinos steve

jnthn

who you calling kike?  LOL  :smt005

• "May the Fish be with You"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Chef,

Still rounding up some of my friends for Limekiln and should have a better idea by tomorrow.

Keep us updated w/ the weather as it looks like it's a 85% chance that i'll be able to go. 50% that i'll bring another yakker.

Haven't done roadside camping. Closest thing was camping in the parking lot back east for concert tickets.

Tips anyone?
~Elric

"May the Fish Be With You!"

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Quote from: The Crw
Chef,

Still rounding up some of my friends for Limekiln and should have a better idea by tomorrow.

Keep us updated w/ the weather as it looks like it's a 85% chance that i'll be able to go. 50% that i'll bring another yakker.

Haven't done roadside camping. Closest thing was camping in the parking lot back east for concert tickets.

Tips anyone?

There are lots of turnouts on HWY1 that are big enough to pull off of and sleep.  I'm not sure if this is legal or safe (but we camped in one last weekend).

I'm told Limekiln is closed until 8AM.  Also, I'm pretty sure you'll need to paddle south as this is N. of Pt Lopez (Central/South border).

Good luck.

• View Profile
hey alot of people all year long sleep in the trucks,car, campers in the pull outs ,there are some spots were you can't do that but those are posted. friday is is is is a a a a  gooooooooooooo :smt004  Kevin is right limeklin does not open till 8 in the morning, so we will meet there at that time if not a little earlier. post and let me know what up :smt006  chef

• View Profile
Chef,

I'm at 90% GO, just wrapping up a few loose ends. Will probably stay overnite in SC and meet you at the gate. I'll be bringing a friend who share the driving and prolly do some shore fishing. Still need to confirm the other yakker - Dan.

Is the weather still going to be good? Jnthn mentioned it migt be blowin up here in the Bay.

BTW - how much farther do we have to paddle to be in fishable waters?
~Elric

• View Profile
Elric, the wind and swell are up. it looks for the drive risk of early wind and swell that we will have to try another day. sorry dude but i will fishing monterey friday. chef/steve

• View Profile
Steve,

NP - there'll always be other days.
~Elric

jnthn

Elric,

Want to join me for a Treasure Island halibut trip?  I used to shore fish there and would like to give it a try.

Jonathan

anything