Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Glen Cove Waterfront Park  (Read 3522 times)

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Never launched there before, I always launch at 9th street in Benicia.  Nice beach there but can get crowded on weekends.  Might check glen cove out next time I'm over there.

Don
I launch at 3rd and H come salmon season :smt006
Maybe you can add a topic for 3rd and H. I'm sure lots of people would benefit to have more info on this part of the forum.
Not alot of info, just super easy if you want access to 1st street fishing grounds.
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I was thinking about launching at Junction, then I decided maybe the west side would be better. It's only like 3 miles difference. The west side was blown out so I checked out Robbs.  Doable, but a lot of debris. I headed to GCR  for endless browns on the fly.  Decided to take the other route home and stopped by UTC for a beer and a dollar on the wall.
You reading this makes as much sense to you as me reading this post. I know exactly what I'm talking about because I live here.
Where the hell is Glen Cove?  :smt044

<=>

hightide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Vallejo Mike.  Kiel's hood  :smt044
ALLAN

2020 Hobie Revo 13
OK T15
Owned 2015 Hobie AI
Owned Scupper Pro TW

Live, Love, Launch!

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Never launched there before, I always launch at 9th street in Benicia.  Nice beach there but can get crowded on weekends.  Might check glen cove out next time I'm over there.

Don
Maybe you can add a topic for 3rd and H. I'm sure lots of people would benefit to have more info on this part of the forum.
Not alot of info, just super easy if you want access to 1st street fishing grounds.
I meant start a new topic for that location. You can give directions, describe parking or launching difficulty. Anything you think that would help someone completly new to understand the area.
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005

Sum beetch! That bro has never invited me.  :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
<=>

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I was thinking about launching at Junction, then I decided maybe the west side would be better. It's only like 3 miles difference. The west side was blown out so I checked out Robbs.  Doable, but a lot of debris. I headed to GCR  for endless browns on the fly.  Decided to take the other route home and stopped by UTC for a beer and a dollar on the wall.
You reading this makes as much sense to you as me reading this post. I know exactly what I'm talking about because I live here.
Where the hell is Glen Cove?  :smt044
Since the the topic before hijacking was "have you launched here" one would assume only people that know where the hell Glen Cove is would answer. The conversation kind of went sideways when I got more info on their favorite launching spots instead. A google maps search would show it to be on the north shore of the Carquinez Straits not too far from the Carquinez Bridge.  :smt006

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005

Sum beetch! That bro has never invited me.  :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

:smt005 Stop hijacking Ken's thread Mike!!!  :smt044

-Kiel
ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Don
I meant start a new topic for that location. You can give directions, describe parking or launching difficulty. Anything you think that would help someone completly new to understand the area.
Gotcha, sorry for the threadjack...

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Don
No need to apologize. I really am interested to learn about the Benicia area launches.  :smt006

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Don
No need to apologize. I really am interested to learn about the Benicia area launches.  :smt006
H street dead ends at a coldasac.  Park along turnaround.  Water is 30yds from car in a little cove.  People are walking along the shore path, no bathroom, easiest access I've found in the area. :smt006

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Hobie-Dave

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Launching is easy at the end of First Street.

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Not on the rip rap side but the channel side?

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Not on the rip rap side but the channel side?
It might be worth putting this info under a thread on that loacation. It will help people find the info that are looking for it.

anything