Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:49:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:39:05 AM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: New PIF Recipient  (Read 11624 times)

beerhunter

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
sending more positive thoughts and vibes... Wishing you all the best....  :smt006

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Just read all the pages. I am so proud to be a part of a socisl organization that regardless of seniority (doesnt exist) or status (same, unless you are a moderator, or eat anything and everything gross) unselfishly give their money, time, prayers, and energy to the well being of the one in need within our family. Thank all of you that help in every way you do. With that being said, if there is anything I can do to help, please, ket me know.  :smt006
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
I fully agree with MontanaN8V, theres really no way for us to fully express our thanks. Its been making a huge difference, were a two income family now living on one income. Our hospital copay was just over $3000.00, and it would not have been possible without you all 👍 The bills are already crazy and we just started this.

Here is a continuation of the bank statement on page 2 i think, we created a seperate bank account for that pif money, only thing its spent on is the med bills, copays, prescriptions and so on.

Again. Thank you. I can only hope for the best.

Still at the hospital with Raquel, she is resting.

Here is Mom and Hailey, many of you know Hailey too, shes getting big and thanks to you guys and Stanford we have a much better grip on her respiratory system 👍❤️💪
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:50:31 PM by porky (bp) »

Lost_Anchovy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile The Lost Anchovy
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
Wow!! that's awesome! So stoked everything seems to be going good. Crossing our fingers and sending good thoughts!
 :smt002
www.Thelostanchovy.com
Kayak Adventures, blog and tutorials

Winner - 2014 Kayak Connection Derby
2nd -2103 MBK Tournament

TFM

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
That's great news! I'm glad things are going smoothly in this rough patch. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Brother I know what you are going through. So some advice from both an old fart and old hat at this. You know the bullshit about one day at a time? VERY TRUE. Bad days are this hour is good, this minute is good. Especially for your kids, you have to find joy every hour. Nice plant, cool sunset, look at that tree, this juice tastes awesome etc.

Worry is impossible to avoid, but doesnt really help. So whatever comes down the road, just look at each thing and say "OK, so this is what we do." Then do it.

on the pain meds, it is amazing how differently people react. Robin hates Oxy but can tolerate vicodan. Same class, but different so be sure to see if they can try different meds.

make sure she sees some breast cancer support groups later. They know more about lymphedema, and "cords" than doctors do. Robin's melanoma surgery involved removal of lymph nodes similar to breast cancer surgery. Their wisdom will help a lot. Hell after listening to them talk, they even helped my frozen shoulder therapy!
Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I will post an update in the next day or so. I just read e2g's post on another thread and it was hard to absorb. I just need to find the energy to sit down and make the post. Cant lie, im emotionally spent and not in a very good place last few days.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

MontanaN8V

• Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I will post an update in the next day or so. I just read e2g's post on another thread and it was hard to absorb. I just need to find the energy to sit down and make the post. Cant lie, im emotionally spent and not in a very good place last few days.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

breath deep, seriously. We all tend to breath shallow under stress. Don't think too many steps ahead all the time. One at a time.
Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Your an amazing dude Eugene! Wish I could be more like you in these times. But im struggling. I pretend to be happy for the kids, but im inside my head trippin in reality. Everyday is a new day and I keep trying to get there.  Here for the family, but not much left for me by days end.

Anyway, the recent update posted.

"The never ending wait. Today Raquel and I sat and waited anxiously for her very first appointment with the Oncologist (cancer doctor). Finally the time came and we jumped in the car and drove down to the office, it was a pretty quiet ride. We parked, walked in and then the reality of the situation became very real, and we were both feeling emotional. We waited. Waited and finally got called back, shortly after we met Raquel's oncologist, again not a reality that is easily absorbed. Dr. Bowman is soft spoken, informative and willing to answer all our questions. He gathered Raquel's history, completed a physicsl exam, which she passed, then gave us the scoop. The cancer is a stage II. Large 5.5cm tumor (removed) and no node involvement. The cancer itself is a grade 3 ( grade is different from stage). Its very aggressive and multiplies fast.  First order of business is a full body scan to be sure  there are no other tumors in distant parts of the body. If that is clean, we will proceed as planned today.  The mastectomy removed all visible cancer. But we dont know if any stray cells are left behind, they are just way too small. So if the scans clean, the plan is kind of like a preventative type of thing, to catch and destroy any stray cells the surgeon or the scan cant see. The bad news is this requires 3 months of a very strong chemo, then radiation to the chest area and then 5-10years on a estrogen blocker. Obviously all these have the potential for many complications along the way. We have a lot of anxiety and a lot to figure out. Treatments will start in early October, first the body scan, then a chemo port needs to be surgically installed. Were pretty much tapped financially, and we want to thank NCKA for your support! Cant get this point across here accurately, but THANK YOU!

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Just hoping all this works. I have two little girls that need here.

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Very hard to read. You have such a great wholesome family. Stick together and keep seeking help, assurance, friendship, and anything you or your family needs from all of us. The financial burden is deep, but with many shallow pockets, PIF can help you with that part of it. 
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

VK

Wow can even begin to know what is going through your head ..as always we are here to help and sending best thoughts ,hopes,vibes wishes to all of you ..especially  Raquel for healthy and complete recovery and courage and strength to get through it all 

hang in there , Vic

MontanaN8V

• Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
Sounds like they are on it! Having a solid plan is one big thing that really helps "us"  going thru any medical ordeal. We are not doctors, we do not fully understand everything.  We are afraid of what we dont know. I am so glad, your wife's oncologist is one that is a fantastic communicator. You most likely will have some difficulties along the way, almost certainly at some point.  But that has to happen,  to get better. Without it, what are the options?
So knowing the battle that is ahead, you can prepare yourself for the stages of treatment. That may help, it helps me knowing what's next.
I cant imagine your struggle to stay strong for the kids, and provide the glue, and reassurance to those babies that things will be ok. I have always been the one with the IV   :smt044
During times like this, battling cancer, a good read and passage is Ephysians 6. Im prayin and pulling for you and your family.

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Lifes been busy, but inbetween surgeries and many doctors appointments, we managed to slip away for a wedding at Kennedy Meadows, camping style.

But since being home Raquel had about 10 appointments, a port surgery and tomorrow starts chemo treatments, 6 infusions every 3 weeks of some of the strongest stuff they have. Then 6weeks of radiation everyday, and a whole lot of hope that shell be ok through it all.

Keep you all posted after tomorrow's treatment, its 5rs long.

Brent and Raquel

Instagram: passfam4

anything