Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Native Watercraft/LiquidLogic Manta Ray Propel 12 update and specs  (Read 4153 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
New for 2017, the Manta Ray Propel 12.  This is the kayak I'm most interested in due to its combination of weight and hull design - looks real sharp and I'm certain it will be an excellent speed kayak.  Mine is on a truck on its way to Headwaters right now, and I look forward to picking it up next week and giving it a full run through.

Specs:
12'2" long
33" wide
70lbs Fitted weight (without seat and drive, which are approx 10-15lbs)
Comes with front groove track and first class seat.
Color choices - copperhead (black/orange), mossy oak (camo), lizard lick (green/black camo type pattern) you can click on each of the pictures below to expand them a little.

MSRP $1999.  Will be available at Headwaters for sure.  They may also carry the LiquidLogic version for $50 less, which is the same except does not come with the groove track and the rear flushmount rod holders.  LL version comes in different colors.

Call Headwaters for more info on what they're getting in stock.

http://nativewatercraft.com/product/manta-ray-propel-angler-12/

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:05:18 AM by bmb »

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Some of you guys got a chance to test out this kayak this weekend at Crabfest - please take a moment to comment on it and provide any recommendations if have them.  I'll be happy to pass the info on to Native, I've talked with their primary kayak designer quite a bit and am really itching for them to try and build a 13.5' version of the same awesome hull.

hdpwipmonkey

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2015
Hi bmb, I had a question.  What's the steering like on these?  I know the older natives had issues with the small rudder not being responsive.

Ray
2015 Hobie Outback "USS Floating Banana"
Ocean Kayak Malibu II XL "Mello Yello"

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Nice kayak. Rudder does not look well placed for a rougher ocean beach landing.

Alex
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile

Alex
Hi Bullfrog, the standard Native rudders are a very tough, flexible plastic. They take a beating really well. The position is not optimal, that's correct. But the standard rudders themselves can take a ton of abuse and are relatively cheap to replace if needed.

Aftermarket rudders (boonedox and berleypro) for Natives can't take the same abuse and need a little more babying.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Hi bmb, I had a question.  What's the steering like on these?  I know the older natives had issues with the small rudder not being responsive.
I feel the steering is pretty good. I felt the SP13 needs the aftermath rudder, but the SP10 and the MR12 perform fine with the stock rudder. I do more trolling than maneuvering though so tracking and long turns are what I do.

The MR12 has a shorter hull that is not nearly as wide throughout as the SP13. It tracks very well and I feel it's more responsive than the SP13 because it doesn't have the same catamaran style hull as its predecessor.

Our distributor is located in the PNW so if you want to try one out let me know and I can see if he knows of any upcoming demo days or locations.

Ben

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006

Alex
Hi Bullfrog, the standard Native rudders are a very tough, flexible plastic. They take a beating really well. The position is not optimal, that's correct. But the standard rudders themselves can take a ton of abuse and are relatively cheap to replace if needed.

Aftermarket rudders (boonedox and berleypro) for Natives can't take the same abuse and need a little more babying.

Thanks Bonita. Don't think I want to purchase a kayak that I have to worry about replacing a rudder after a few beach lauches. Looks kinda weak.

Sure it will work for you at shadow cliffs well.  :smt005

Alex
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:51:14 PM by Bulldog---Alex »
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

anything