Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:01:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 03:36:08 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 11:49:59 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 11:40:13 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:54 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 01:04:03 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 10:15:40 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:12:28 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 07:35:53 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 06:46:52 AM]

[May 08, 2024, 04:58:49 PM]

[May 08, 2024, 12:29:15 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:30:10 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 05:11:37 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 02:59:57 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: S&W 686 4" SS Revolver  (Read 1570 times)

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Hey folks,
I thought I'd post this here first to see if there's any interest before I post it on Calguns.net (it's more impersonal there).
I have a beautiful post lock S&W 686 Stainless 4" revolver 6 shooter. I used it as a sidearm for hog hunting but I'm such a good shot (yeah right, ha!) and never needed to use it. Though it's been holstered a few times there are no scratches or holster marks (it was in a nice leather Galco holster) as I take care of my toys.
Only 50 rounds of 158 Gr soft point hunting loads were fired through her to test the gun itself and the factory bought hunting loads. Trying to offload some toys to justify buying a yak that I can load myself. The Outback is just too much for my back to load alone.
It comes with:
$80 Galco Holster
$40 Pelican 1170 hard case specifically for this model
$30 (2) HKS speedloaders

I think $750 firm is more than fair for the package. This package new with tax is over 1k.  I'm in no rush to sell so no offers please.
You are essentially getting a 686 for the price of a GP 100. I have some ammo that I can sell seperately. However, I believe with the new CA laws, that would have to be different transaction. Transaction/transfer to be done at Jackson Arms or at an FFL we both agree upon.
PM me with any questions.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:33:12 PM by Spring45 »

Lingling

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
That's such a great gun. I've owned several. If I had the cash right now I'd buy yours ;). Trade you for a 229R!

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
That's such a great gun. I've owned several. If I had the cash right now I'd buy yours ;). Trade you for a 229R!

Ha! I have a 229 Secret Service Model. Love it!

SRJ

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Now that is a trip down memory lane as this was my very first duty handgun as an officer in 1988. Don't own any more revolvers but surely if I had a spare $750 available I'd buy it. Great looking wheel gun!

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Now that is a trip down memory lane as this was my very first duty handgun as an officer in 1988. Don't own any more revolvers but surely if I had a spare $750 available I'd buy it. Great looking wheel gun!

Hey thanks! You guys still carried wheel guns in '88?

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
I'm super interested and been looking at revolvers all day. but need to sell my yak first! Was more interested in a 2in barrel but this is a deal. It was actually coming down to the sp100 or that new Colt Cobra or Kinder. Will hit you up when I get some cash in hand and see if u still got
Just Slay
Host of the Berryessa Salmon Slam

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I'm super interested and been looking at revolvers all day. but need to sell my yak first! Was more interested in a 2in barrel but this is a deal. It was actually coming down to the sp100 or that new Colt Cobra or Kinder. Will hit you up when I get some cash in hand and see if u still got

The Sp101 and the new Kimber are significantly smaller than the 686. I think the Kimber is also doible action only, nice looking revolver though.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
The first gun I ever purchased was this exact model. It currently sits in a lockbox near the bed. Great for wifey too.  Fair price for a great gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Any takers? I'm posting this on Calguns for $800 by next week. Should go fast on there.

Fishin4life

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
I知 interested have to get my address changed on my dL to my new address

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012

I had a different address than on my license and was still able to purchase. Just needed two forms of proof of address. Two utility bills or vehicle registration was enough. Check with the ffl that spring wants to use and you may be good.

Fishin4life

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Well that sounds promising thanks for the info I値l check in to it

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile

I had a different address than on my license and was still able to purchase. Just needed two forms of proof of address. Two utility bills or vehicle registration was enough. Check with the ffl that spring wants to use and you may be good.

Was that for a Handgun or long gun? For long guns they are slightly less strict about it. But for handgun, you need 2 forms of ID

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

Was that for a Handgun or long gun? For long guns they are slightly less strict about it. But for handgun, you need 2 forms of ID

You don't actually need two forms of proof of address.  You need proof of identity, age, and residency.  Two utility bills does not fit this bill as they are not proof of identity and age.

-Allen

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
It was a handgun that I purchased new a year ago. Had my id with a different address and needed two forms with name and address since the utility bills are in my wife's name I used two vehicle registrations. Didn't have any issues
 I have since corrected my address and bought another pistol and was required to have my id and one other form which was a vehicle registration.

anything