Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:00:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Wheeleez mini?  (Read 1411 times)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
Anyone used the mini before? Jackson is sending me the new Coosa Fd. 115 pounds is going to require some wheels for sure.

But I'm cheap. The mini cart is rated for the weight, and is $100 cheaper.

Anyone use it and happy with it for heavier boats? Or is the extra $100 well worth it?

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
I hav mini. Its good. But i used my buddy’s malone 13” and way too easy on sand

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Anyone used the mini before? Jackson is sending me the new Coosa Fd. 115 pounds is going to require some wheels for sure.

Anyone use it and happy with it for heavier boats? Or is the extra $100 well worth it?

The extra $100 is well worth it if you launch from sandy beach often :smt001
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Mienboy

• there's two sides to every story
  • Sea Lion
  • America, if you don't love it leave it
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I've used it on my pa14,it does the job but I've never had to drag it thru anything soft like sand or mud.all the times I've used it I did ramp launches
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

Chadrock

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
If you want to thank a Vet, be a person worth fighting for.

1st place Red Barn Classic 2010

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Don’t do it!
^ this... the mini was made for sea/touring kayaks. It's really small and doesn't fit larger hulls very well. Another thing that makes the full size stand out is ball bearing wheels the mini is just bushings that spin on the axle. I have both and am actually gonna tear apart the mini and use the wheels for something else like an ice chest since it sucks on kakays.

• View Profile
Bummed I can’t get by with the cheaper ones, but happy I didn’t waste my money trying. Thanks guys!

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Here's  a couple more affordable options I have not seen or used either one but. I know headwaters sells the suspendz cart and has good things to say about it. The other is one I came across a while back and seems to have good reviews.
Bonnlo Kayak Canoe Boat Cart Carrier Dolly Trolley with 12" Big Beach Balloon Tires Wheels - Free Pump and Strap - Perfect for Soft Sand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077189ZC5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3mn0Ab14Y501K

Suspenz Deluxe Balloon Sand Kayak Cart https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H523NG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Don0AbGC0G9ZG

• View Profile
Thanks for that. Only need wheels for soft sand as I already have a hard set. They are just useless for sand.

chopper

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
I've got the mini's and have used them for my revo and a fat ass tandem. A big drawback is the narrow width makes it easier to tip the kayak over if you're on a side slope or don't get a wide kayak centered right. The smaller wheels don't float on the sand as easy as the big ones, but are better than many of the cheap carts (i.e. the seattle sports one that I also have).

A nice advantage though is that the cart and wheels break down quick and I can store them in my front hatch, which saves on trips to the car and I know they wont get stolen.

I got the cart as a gift so I'll stick with it. If I was dropping my own coin I'd splurge for the full size one though.

Cheers,
Brad

ryang85

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2016

I  got the blue kayak cart off amazon. It is was like 120 bucks and appears to be equally or possiblly more durable than wheeleze for the 3 times ive used it. I sat on my kayak when it was on the wheels and it held fine so i assume it will handle a small barge.

Or buy a zodiac with beach wheels because its equaly as heavy as that bastered. Hahaha good luck with that bastered when you dive big sur.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:01:36 PM by ryang85 »

• View Profile

I  got the blue kayak cart off amazon. It is was like 120 bucks and appears to be equally or possiblly more durable than wheeleze for the 3 times ive used it. I sat on my kayak when it was on the wheels and it held fine so i assume it will handle a small barge.

Or buy a zodiac with beach wheels because its equaly as heavy as that bastered. Hahaha good luck with that bastered when you dive big sur.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the shorty Kraken for that. I already talked with the Regional fishing team manager and he had no problem with switching for launches like that.