Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 25, 2024, 11:05:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:09:25 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:23:39 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: So, Guns and fishing, concealed carry!?!?!?! Legal? You bet!!! Read on...  (Read 24934 times)

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
yey Ron! dont take no shit!  I would pitty the fool that messed with you Howard!  I think mostly it comes from being in the wilderness and having protection from predators, ie bear.. furthermore... whats the rules for transporting on your kayak? (on the way to "actually fishing" ) does that mean line on the water? or does just having a rod on board good enough?  load em up boys!
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

Squidder K

• On the 7th day God created fishing!
  • Sea Lion
  • Old Squidder's never die!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Just out of curiosity, what is your prefered round of choice?
Kevin Storm
"A bad day fishing, still beats a good day of work!"
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans"
Patriots Fan since 1967
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+artillery+song

Str8FishiN

• DEPTH SQUAD
  • Sea Lion
  • #hobiefishing
  • View Profile Hobie Fishing
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Which type of holster do you recommend for concealed carry on a kayak? 
"Success if living the life you love" -MOOCH

P-Sherman

• Sea Lion
  • I'm a p-sherman. Born to pish, porced to work.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Does that mean you can also do "open carry" while kayaking?
 :smt001
Now to design a kayak gun holster. lol!

John da P-Sherman
2015 Hobie Revolution 13 - Blue
Hurricane Skimmer 140 - Red

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
If anyone is curious and wants to do their own research the numbers have been changed. It is now

25640.  Section 25400 does not apply to, or affect, licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing expedition.
(Added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 711, Sec. 6. Effective January 1, 2011. Operative January 1, 2012, by Sec. 10 of Ch. 711.)
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
That's great of you to share Ron!  In the delta specifically I have been inclined to want to carry my firearm to protect myself.  I remember a story that I read once, not sure if it was on here or some news publication, about two guys out kayak fishing one evening when they came across some unsavory characters and knew they must have interrupted them doing some no good.  They had gone a ways past them when they heard gun fire and bullets whizz by.  They ended up crouching in the water with their kayaks while on the phone to sheriffs office until they showed up.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
Or those long pre-dawn walks alone down into the dark gorge to secure your steelhead spot.  Cougar or bear country. A big BANG could be enough to send them the other way.

Bushy

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Carrying an unloaded gun while fishing sounds like a great way to get your ass killed when you try to play hero against the lowlife trying to steal your shit.

My life is worth a lot more than $600 worth of fishing equipment, and carrying a gun really ups your chances of getting shot. That's just my opinion...

Ronaldo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
What a pain in the ass....none of that sounds like fun fishing ...sounds  like I should  stay in the Santa Cruz salt and away from Sac.

I grew up in Stockton and now live in Sacramento.  In my opinion you shouldn't avoid Sacramento because of some bad news about Stockton.  I feel a lot safer in Sacramento than Stockton.  Every town has good and bad, but Stockton has more bad then most.  It's good advice to watch your back around those parts. 
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
C and C is legal in your home, place of business, campsites if allowed and fishing and hunting.  It's fun shooting holes in the mud and listening to the boom echo.  I've only carried my pistol in the yak while hunting deer last year but I would consider it fishing alone in a shithole full of scumbags.
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I grew up in Stockton and now live in Sacramento.  In my opinion you shouldn't avoid Sacramento because of some bad news about Stockton.  I feel a lot safer in Sacramento than Stockton.  Every town has good and bad, but Stockton has more bad then most.  It's good advice to watch your back around those parts. 

I have noticed that north stockton has taken a nose dive in the last 5 years. There is little hope for a recovery in Stockton with the lack of a major employer anchor and the drug usage rates. The Marshall plan has definately increased police activity but it doesn't do any long term good unless the bad guys are locked up, moved out or left dead. Since coming back I had to upgrade my truck gun to increase my comfort level for those just in case break downs in the wrong parts.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I used to stop and fish port of stockton as I passed threw all the time... Not anymore... :smt010 Lived there some 20 odd years back off charter way. Was rough then.... NOW :smt068 :smt067 :smt070 :smt071                   :smt100
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
I managed the West Marine store in the Pt. of Stockton for a few years.  Sketchy characters in that area.  We only got broken into once, though, while I was manager there.

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
Carrying an unloaded gun while fishing sounds like a great way to get your ass killed when you try to play hero against the lowlife trying to steal your shit.

My life is worth a lot more than $600 worth of fishing equipment, and carrying a gun really ups your chances of getting shot. That's just my opinion...

hey Alex- Transporting to and fro (driving there and back) must be unloaded.  While fishing yeah, load it up.  and I believe statistics are overwhelming in evidencing a LOWER incidence of injury or assault upon individuals who demonstrate they are armed (often without pulling the weapon or firing the weapon.)

Bushy

ps I will have to check the State Park regs though.  San Lorenzo is mostly within a state park I believe.

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
According to a study by the American Journal of Science:
""people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.""

Of course, any sort of study like this is incomplete and flawed. Unless you conducted an actual study where half of the participants volunteered to be armed while the other half unarmed. For a period of like 10yrs. And the article about the study acknowledges this by stating:
""While it may be that the type of people who carry firearms are simply more likely to get shot""
 :smt002
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~