Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:05:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:01:39 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: HMB tourney pics  (Read 7439 times)

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
and more... My first batch of pics and report are on page 1 if you missed them..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:03:48 PM by porky »

obkook

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Great meeting everyone and putting a few more faces to names and handles! Wish I woulda come in Friday night for more bonding over sardine-catching.

Sure was a fun day on the water. I saw Ariel head out first while I was still up and my car, and decided to make haste and follow his lead. We caught some 'dines and headed out of the jaws along the rock wall to the left. The water was either "chocolate milk" or "diahrrea" depending on which radio report you heard, and everone behind me was headed for the reef. I stopped paddling for a good 90 seconds deciding whether to bail on the beach and head to the reef or not. Then Ariel said it was clearing up.

Fly-lining 1 dine, and a 3-way with another, I had 2 pretty good bites, but couldn't make them stick. With my last dine (which I had been saving, because it was the biggest in my tube), I finally got SLAMMED!

With the reel singing and the kayak doing an about face, I got a rush of adrenaline and a mental image of the Cobra Pro-fisherman. Yeah baby! ...waitaminnit, the drag won't even phase this thing, and a little thumb on the spool said there was no turning this thing.

My heart sank as I remembered the fur-bag who had been torpedoing us a half hour earlier. Then it went all marlin on me and jumped a rolled a couple of times.

This was a first for me. "What do I do, man?" (expletive edited)

"Better cut it off." came the reply I was expecting but dreading.

Got out the clipper, and tumbed down hard to slow the line to cut it, and finally the mono leader gave way at the hook.

So the furbag got a little jewelry and my 'dine, and I keep the rig, which went on to catch my only fish of the day - a gopher. I guess I also got to experience another "first" as well.

Great fishing with everyone!

Peter
Just a walleye fisherman from MN tryin' ta get salty!

WingShooter

• Sea Lion
  • I fish not to escape life but to live it.
  • View Profile Branson Baits
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
I had a lot of fun and looking forward to the next tourney!
www.bransonbaits.com 

US Hobie Fishing Team Member
Lowrance Pro-Staff
EGO Pro-Staff
Lew's Pro-Staff
Diawa Pro-Staff

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
i was glad i got to get out there friday night to throw back some beers with a few guys  , had a blast and now i know what to expect for next time , will def bring a dish to share among all the other great food that you guys rock out! met some cool peeps though!!
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
hahahaha i thought the fried cheese cake were egg rolls at first and dipped one in wasabe!! still wasnt bad!
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

obkook

• Salmon
  • View Profile
hahahaha i thought the fried cheese cake were egg rolls at first and dipped one in wasabe!! still wasnt bad!

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 The true test of fried cheesecake!
Just a walleye fisherman from MN tryin' ta get salty!

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Great reports and pics.  Good Times for sure.  Congrats to the winners and all who participated.   :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

LapuLapu

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Great event!  Nice to finally meet some of the people in this forum.  That was a first ocean voyage for my kayak and I was not disappointed even though I didn't catch anything but bait.  ChuckE's ceviche was so good, I think I'm going to have to PM him for a recipe.  Mooch, gave my wife a laugh when she saw your pic with the dong.  Darius, that mackerel you gave me was great.  I had it for breakfast this morning.  Looking forward to the next event.

Rey

Surf Hunter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Shannon and I had a killer time!  Thanks for everyone for making this event another fun one!  Can't wait to do it again. 
We ended the day with two nice sized greeling (shoudl have measured one as I know it would have beat Mooch's)  :smt003
It was great to see old friends and make new ones!
Great group of folks we got here!
Member of the Dark Kings Fishing Club, Port Hueneme, CA

guppyreneer

• guppyreneer
  • Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Hello it was my first time kayak fishing with my new kayak.I snaged second place and won me a nice VHF radio I need.Thanks to everyone I had a great time and will be fishing a lot more next year.My wife was very excited and I couldn't clean the fish until she came home from work and could see them.I will try to post the pictures I took.The ling cod was 26" long but the picture is poor because I was keeping it in a 5 gal. bucket with ice.Its a curled up ling now. Thanks to everyone for the great food.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:45:41 AM by guppyreneer »

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
Dude, is it the year of the newbie or what?  Seriously, there is something to this "Newbie Luck" thing.

awesome pics and good stuff all. 

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Wish I could have been there it was on my calender for A while! Congrats to the winners, I always love when someone wins that really needs it! Not somebody that has five kayaks already. Not that there is anything wrong with that but you get the picture! Oh and Alain, is that A bud light in your hand? WTF is wrong with you!!! :smt011
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Great event. Thanks to our sponsors HMB Kayaks. What a great bunch. Awesome campsite by the water!
Only a small rocky which I threw back and one big hookup in the harbor, on a live Dine, which by the head shake I was guessing Hali - however the line snapped after a few seconds. Took home about 35 Dines. I had so many quad hookups it was a blast on a trout rod. I'd  bring four onboard but with all the flopping fish and sticking sabiki hooks, I'd usually only bucket two.  Some sugar salt and soya and 3-4 hours on the grill with bundles of rosemary and tyme and I had some tasty smoked sardines.
Special thanks to new friends Great White Minnow (Chuck) and Alien for the sabikis, I'll get you back. and to MontanaN8V (Rich) for the great food and company. And Darius too for seeing the sad look on my face when I saw all the deep fried cheese cake was gone and for literally giving me one off his plate.
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
And Darius too for seeing the sad look on my face when I saw all the deep fried cheese cake was gone and for literally giving me one off his plate.

THAT is true NCKA brotherly love, right there...

anything