Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:07:13 PM]

[Today at 08:09:27 PM]

[Today at 07:50:07 PM]

[Today at 07:29:14 PM]

[Today at 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[Today at 06:21:18 PM]

[Today at 06:03:14 PM]

[Today at 06:03:07 PM]

[Today at 06:01:09 PM]

[Today at 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[Today at 05:23:24 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: rate fishing at Del Valle  (Read 1607 times)

blue spike

on a scale between 1 - 10 what would you guys rate fishing at De Valle ( if fished there )

glderguy

Wife/I fished there once and did pretty good, I liked it..........until we came out of the water at the picnic area for a rest/food.  There was a large group of redneck racist *&%$@ there pounding down brews.  Being that my wife is Hispanic and Im white we finally got fed up with their racist comments and left.  As we were packing up they turned their attention to some middle eastern people asking them if they were going to BBQ camel today(seriously).  On driving out I saw one of ther vehicles flying a confederate flag with a sticker saying "American by birth, Southern by the grace of god."  Last time Ill ever go to that place!
Walter

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Walter - sorry to hear about your experience - I had a similar experience at Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton a few years back. I was launching my float tube from the ramp and a red neck came up to me - thinking I was a part of the white race and he talked about how good the fishing was before the Asians,blacks and hispanics were around.....I told him I'm Filipino and he did not have a clue what a "Filipino" was.....I just told him to learn how to fish better and stop blaming the rest of the world......he did not say a word and left.

By the way, Stevens Creek at Cupertino has their share of racists as well.... :smt011

Anyway, Lake Del Valle to me is "8" on the scale. I can't think of any other lake that has as much variety of fish than Del Valle. Wish they only allowed trolling motors in this lake :smt002

Frankfishing

I use to work for EBRP as a police officer. Their are differently red necks in this area but like most they aren't in command of their faculties. Del Valle is an excellent place to fish with most production coming from the narrows and near the dam. However like most lakes  when the water temp is up the fish become inactive. I mooch most of the time and stay approximately 30' off the walls where most of the trout and bass gather in the shadows during the warm whether.I use a #4 worm hook or anchovies wrap and simply drift. If you go to the dam early stay at the opposite end of this bay and watch for boils. The entrance opens at 6 am and is manned.Frank