Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: chefstefano/cancer  (Read 2817 times)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
Hi guys, Great new site

2004 was a very intresting year for, made some great new friends, caught some nice large lingcod, halibut & rockfish, plus i found out that i a have a very rare case of cancer on my birthday no dought :smt013 . I am recovering very nice for the surgery that was under my left eye down into my cheek :smt012 crazy shit let me tell you!. well anyway as it looks i should be ready to fish once again south of pt. lopez (limeklin)in march when it opens :smt003 .I am sure that is why in your big fish contest, you say north of lopez :smt019 , thats o.k. because i know other lauch site to go to. I will just have to get one of guys to go with me i guess, if you want that is. maybe we can get enough guys toghter and have a contest down there :smt020 .2005 is going to be a great year. my all our wishes come true. chefstefano /stephen
live life to the fullest!!!!

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Sorry to hear about your illness, that is serious business.  Glad to hear your feeling better and almost ready to go.  If you go in March, shoot me a PM, I would like to join you.

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Glad to hear you are doing better.  I look forward to fishing with you later this year.  I want to give Del Monte beach a try when the halibut come in.

Take care - Kevin

• "May the Fish be with You"
  • View Profile
and Best Fishes on your recovery!
~Elric

"May the Fish Be With You!"

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
Whoa Chef take care brother! Cancer is serious business man, glad to hear your recovery is progressing well.

2005 is shaping up to be great. When you go in March drop me a line. I am lonesin for some rockcod big time. I am working on a top secret plastic that is going to slay them!

jdyak

• Salmon
  • Joel fishing Linda Mar Creek 06
  • View Profile
Chef..

Glad to hear you are doing well!!  Lets definetely hook up soon for some kayak fishing!!

Best wishes for 2005

John
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.  - Herculites -
2006 NCKA BAM 1st place Catfish Winner

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
Chef, glad to hear you're okay.  You know you can count me in to join you at Limekiln.  You taught Bob and I a lot that day we hooked-up.

Take care,
Chuck
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Chef,

Sorry to hear about the cancer, but I'm glad you are doing ok.  May 2005 be a great year for us all.

Take care and hope to see you on the water,
Stuart

promethean_spark

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
This is going to be a banner year.  We've got all the major fisheries hammered out well and can competantly go after them.  I'm sure Chef will be in the thick of it with us, and I'll be happy to make a few early season big sur runs.  Going to have to break out the heavy metal though, since it's only open from 120 to 240ft deep....
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early.

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
Sorry to hear about your cancer Chef.  Good luck and a speedy recovery.  I look forward to getting a chance to fish with you this year.

Having had a number of friends afflicted with cancer recently, I have decided that I will donate all my Big Fish winnings to a cancer research organization ( TBD).   So guys,  I hope this doesn't make you feel so bad when I take all your money!   :smt003

-Allen

• View Profile http://www.paddleandflies.com
Hey Chefstefano, Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Yakfishermen are highly susceptible to skin cancer. I see the skin doctor a couple of times a year and I do have scars. Take care. Let me know when yor ready we'll do the Forebay again.
Why Do I paddle a kayak instead of a float tube or a pontoon boat? I like seeing where I'm going not where I've been!
Paddle safe and wrap'em tight.
Rickey Noel Mitchell http://www.paddleandflies.com

cpyak

i wish you the best chef.  i lost my mother to cancer last year. it was painful.  when you are ready for stripers, let me know. it could start in april but may is better.

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Chef - welcome back - nice to hear you're doing better. Hope to see you on the water soon!

Take care buddy!

FYI: I lost my Dad and my Sister to Cancer as well. Maybe we can organize a fishing tourney some time and donate the money to help fight Cancer.

anything