Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Fred Hall Show  (Read 4929 times)

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
For those of you going to this show, you should read this email I got from Coastide.  You could win!!!  Unfortunately, I won't be attending the show.  Instead, I'll probably make it to the San Mateo ISE on 2/5.

Cheers,
Stuart

Come visit Coastside at the Fred Hall Show and Win!!!!!!!

Coastside Fishing Club in conjunction with The Fred Hall Show will be giving away $3600.00 worth of gift certificates at the upcoming show January 12th to the 16th.  There is a total of 18 $200 certificates, 6 for HI's Tackle Box, 6 For Outdoor Pro Shop and 6 for Johnson Hicks Marine Electronics.  We will give away 6 each day, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  To enter, stop by the Coastside / Department of Fish and Game booth at the front entrance and tell one of the Coastsiders working the booth you're a member, and get your FREE raffle ticket for the drawing.  Drop that ticket off at the Coastside booth inside the show for your chance to win.  The drawings will be held at 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 PM each day, Wednesday through Friday.

You can also get in free to the show (Wednesday through Friday only) if you buy your fishing license from the Department of Fish and Game at the booth.

For information about the show, you can go the website at http://www.fredhall.com/pages/san_francisco/sanfrancisco.php

We will also have a 50% off coupon to attend the show up on the site within the next few days (Wednesday through Friday only).

Be a Part of History
Come to the First Annual Northern California Anglers Caucus and Breakfast on Saturday January 15th at 8 AM.  Tickets to the breakfast include admission to the show.

This is an important event that I am hopeful Every Coastsider Attends. Key Coastside Board Members will be there in attendance.  Coastside Fishing Club is going to be formally recognized at this event, so don't miss it.

Voice your concerns about California fishing to the people that affect your fishing future. Ask questions of Ryan Broddrick, Director of the California Dept. of Fish & Game, Phil Isenberg, Chairman of the Blue Ribbon Panel on the Marine Life Protection Act, Jim Kellog, President of the California Fish & Game Commission, Bill Hogarth, Assistant Administrator for Fisheries at the National Marine Fisheries Service, Mike Nussman, President of the American Sportfishing Association and Tom Raftican, President of United Anglers. Not confirmed at press time, Tim Alpers, founder of the Hot Creek Hatchery Foundation.

To attend the caucus, send the $20 fee (payable) to:

Don Lopker

235 Corliss Drive

Moraga, CA  94556

Please make sure that you send your check on or before January 8th.

Also, please send an e-mail to coastsideevent@aol.com and let Don know you are coming and how many are attending (including all the names so we can put them on the will call list).  

One lucky Coastside attendee will be selected to win a Shimano Torium 30.

Coastside Merchandise
We will have plenty of Coastside Merchandise on hand as well, so those of you that have been looking for a hat, t-shirt, flag or bumper sticker, this is your chance.  We will have them at the booth inside for sale.

I sincerely hope I see you all at the show, and don't forget about the Anglers Caucus on Saturday Morning.

Chris Hall

President, Coastside Fishing Club

www.coastsidefishingclub.com

chall@coastsidefishingclub.

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
So what is the plan guys? Are we going to try to picka  day and meetup? I think weekdays will pretty much be out of the question for me but weekends are a go.

kickfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I can go that weekend.  Sat or Sun.  It does not matter.

Ken

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
I'm only good for a Saturday.

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
Saturday works for me! What time?

promethean_spark

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early.

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
Bob and I plan on hitting the Fred Hall show Friday afternoon to take advantage of the smaller crowds and 1/2 price coupons.  Let us know if you can make it, so we can all hook up.

Last year, I went to both the ISE (San Mateo) and the Fred Hall (Cow Palace) show.  Both were fun, but personally, I thought the Fred Hall show was better suited for kayakfishing interests and shopping for deals.
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

cpyak

i won $200 from coastside last night!

kickfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
One dollar off coupon for Sat/Sun or $3 off for Today (Fri).  in the SJ Mercury News (Eye section) in today's paper.

$1 is like getting one slip of beer for free.  Or, in Joel or Bill case one slip of soda pop.

Ken

Hat Trick

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
i think joel drinks arbor mist, maybe some wine coolers.
2006 AOTY STRIPERKING

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
joel drinks smirnoff ice....... :party

$1 is like getting one slip of beer for free

...or getting a lap dance from a baboon  :smt003 .....not that I've tired it  :smt107

• "May the Fish be with You"
  • View Profile
Went Weds and spent time checking the show between some seminars. The Doink Method and Hippo's Live Bait were real good. Pass on Baja Bev's and Light line techniques for rockfish.
Only one kayak rep this year and it seemed like the only people selling stuff was Hi' and Oakland Pro shop. Not very many samples going around like last year IMHO.
~Elric

"May the Fish Be With You!"

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Elric - was there a seminar on Sturgeon fishing by Keith Fraser?
I was also wondering if the Cuanang Brothers were hosting a seminar as well..... :smt017

kickfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Usually, the shows do not get going until Fri. night.  durning the week it is slow and half the vendors have not shown up yet.  This applies for the San Mateo Show, also.

Ken

• "May the Fish be with You"
  • View Profile
You can see the schedule by going to fredhall.com. The lecturers only have a few minutes to get their info out. So if it sounds like old stuff, get up and look around.
BTW, the doink/free tackle give away they gave away an albacore bag + $100 in goodies. He asked the audience what was his biggest world record yellow tail (75lbs).
So listen intently.
~Elric

"May the Fish Be With You!"

anything