Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:00:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:08:34 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:13:54 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:08:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:43:02 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:57:35 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Jackson Dealer Summit in Tennessee. Musky and rapids on Page 1  (Read 5236 times)

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
The river fishing trip was awesome. Drew Gregory took a couple of us down what he called a "River Float." The idea was to run a little bit of white water and get to a flat section of river that gets almost no pressure above a second rapid. The river is mostly full of small mouth and spotted bass, but is also know to have big Musky. When we got there I quickly realized that his "River Float" was going to be class 3 white water that would have all 7 of us swimming at least once during the float. Most of the guys were in Coosas, but Sean Morley and I got the cruises because we were the most comfortable in these conditions. The river starts out under some of the most beautiful waterfalls I've ever seen. The fishing started off hot with a few small spotted bass, but nothing of size. We spent the better part of the day running the top rapid and filming (see video on page 1). There were a couple of guys from Louisiana and one guy from San Diego who had never been on a river. They swam and swam and swam until get got it right. I admire their willingness to get wet and want to charge it again. After the rapids we started fishing the flat section heavy. I picked up a few more small bass but all and all it was slow. Thats when I heard Drew yelling "Musky! Big Musky!" I paddled over to see him getting pulled all around the pool. He was drifting backwards toward the second big rapid quickly so we had to scramble to hook up with him and pull him towards the eddy. Drew landed the 42" Musky on 14' test line on his bass rod. It was a very impressive fight and a gnarly looking fish. At the end of the day we lost a hat, a flip flop and a rod, but the video, pictures and memories will stick with me forever. Great day.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
JK Factory tour. The tour was one of my favorite parts. Talk about feeling like a kid in a candy store. Jackson Kayaks filled wall to wall and floor to ceiling of kayak ready to ship. Everyone in the factory was super nice and hospitable. Everyone wanted to welcome you into their work station and explain his or her craft. I was amazed how much went in to getting a perfect rotomolded kayak. Jackson has less than a 2% blem rate which is unheard of in the industry. We finished the tour with a boat build off, where dealers competed to see who could assemble a kayak the fastest, and make it through quality control. No we did not win, but we had a blast doing it.

jbaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
That Ice Chest looks killer. looks like you had a great time. I talked briefly with ur parents, beyond fired up it the only expression that comes to mind. Big things coming this way for next year.

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
That Yak Attack Angler looks awesome!  On my wish list now for sure!!!!!

jonathan

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2013
Great videos! Jackson doesn't hold anything back when they show hospitality. It looks like that Cruise 10 is quite river worthy. Should be a good option for those looking for a smaller Coosa type boat.

Rockroach

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Thanks for sharing Dan. It's sweet how you were able to represent Headwaters and Norcal.
I bet you had some serious fun. That water looked sweet! Drew's fish looked huge.
How awesome was it hanging out with Luther? Yakattak has their sh.t together.
That new center hatch is a sweet idea....keeps everything water tight. And the tracks, great idea.
I look forward to getting my hands on one of those coolers :smt004
I can't wait to see their new offshore kayak.
Again, thanks for sharing :smt006
~MarcosM~

agoodhi

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Thumbs up for sharing Dan!  Lots of cool stuff from JK in the works.

Man... fishing on that river with the beautiful waterfalls in the background is like being in a dream... bet you had to pinch yourself to make sure it was all real. 

--Ryan

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Looks like an awesome trip thanks for sharing  :smt006 That center hatch is a big let down. It looks like the same flimsy piece of plastic,that still opens the same and flex's like hell.I wish they would have looked at the ultras and done something similar. :smt012

WipEouT

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Agree with Mike on material choice; although good to see they incorporated tracks for ease of mounting and reaching accessories and a hatch which will provide access while keeping straps secure.  Also looks as if it will be a direct replacement so current owners can upgrade.

Dan, when will they begin revealing the 2014 lineup?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:40:13 AM by WipEouT »
Kenny

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
Agree with Mike on material choice; although good to see they incorporated tracks for ease of mounting and reaching accessories and a hatch which will provide access while keeping straps secure.  Also looks as if it will be a direct replacement so current owners can upgrade.

Dan, when will they begin revealing the 2014 lineup?

They are slowing updating the website, but I got 17 new 2014 boats today will all the new upgrades. The Yak Attack edition boats are really awesome.

WipEouT

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Awesome!  Thanks for the picture of the Urban Camo Cruise on FB - looks great!  Can the new hatch cover be ordered yet?  Do you know if it is a direct replacement for the 2012/13 hatches?
Kenny

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
Awesome!  Thanks for the picture of the Urban Camo Cruise on FB - looks great!  Can the new hatch cover be ordered yet?  Do you know if it is a direct replacement for the 2012/13 hatches?

Yes and no. The hatch swaps but the strap needs to be moved forward a inch or two. If you bring the boat I will swap it out for you. Buy the hatch and no charge for the swap.

anything