Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[Today at 11:06:44 AM]

[Today at 11:05:23 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Wtb heavy duty hobie scupper cart  (Read 2984 times)

caleb

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
I'm looking for a heavy duty scupper cart for my pro angler near Sacramento.
Thanks !

Mienboy

• there's two sides to every story
  • Sea Lion
  • America, if you don't love it leave it
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Dude buy the wheeleez chart.otherwise the side of your kayak is gonna get all scratched up.you have to turn the boat on its side to put the cart in the scupper holes
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

Uminchu Naoaki

• Fisherman from Okinawa
  • Sea Lion
  • Uminchu
  • View Profile my YouTube
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006

Dude buy the wheeleez chart.otherwise the side of your kayak is gonna get all scratched up.you have to turn the boat on its side to put the cart in the scupper holes
I got both & yes regular wheeleez make more sense...

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Also, buy the wheeleez cart made especially for the Hobie PA, not the Hobie.  It's a HUGE difference!  New to the line up in the past year.  I got one and it has much larger wheels than the standard Wheeleez cart for Hobie kayaks. 

I've got a heavy duty solid rubber tire Hobie cart and the Wheeleez Hobie PA cart.  I use the solid rubber tire one for hard ramps.  Makes it easier to haul it up the ramp; less rolling resistance.  And the Wheeleez for beach/sand/ rock launches. 

And here is a photo of the size difference between the standard Hobie and the Hobie PA carts;
Higher Capacity (242 lbs vs 176)
Larger Wheels (30 cm vs 24)
Wider Axel (33” vs 29)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:40:38 PM by Ski Pro 3 -- Jerry »

Mienboy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Also, buy the wheeleez cart made especially for the Hobie PA, not the Hobie.  It's a HUGE difference!  New to the line up in the past year.  I got one and it has much larger wheels than the standard Wheeleez cart for Hobie kayaks. 

I've got a heavy duty solid rubber tire Hobie cart and the Wheeleez Hobie PA cart.  I use the solid rubber tire one for hard ramps.  Makes it easier to haul it up the ramp; less rolling resistance.  And the Wheeleez for beach/sand/ rock launches. 

And here is a photo of the size difference between the standard Hobie and the Hobie PA carts;
Higher Capacity (242 lbs vs 176)
Larger Wheels (30 cm vs 24)
Wider Axel (33” vs 29)

yeah but with those style scupper carts unless you have two people you have to turn your boat on its side.with the kayak carts, the cart can stand alone and all you do is lift either end and move it over onto the cart.just my preference.
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

caleb

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I figured I put them on while the kayak was still in the truck bed to help with unloading and maybe again while in the water?

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
I would bet you'll have one heck of a time trying that in the water

Mienboy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Yeah thats what I thought too.so ill tell you what I ended up doing.
As im bringing the yak in I unloaded it then I put a towel on the ground so when I lay it on its side it wouldn't scratch up.I dont know how you react to scratches but I dont like em.especially on a brand new boat.look up loading and unloading the pro angler on YouTube using the scupper cart

eelkram

• Sea Lion
  • it's my name, backwards
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
I figured I put them on while the kayak was still in the truck bed to help with unloading and maybe again while in the water?

I don't have a PA, but that's how I do it with my AI.  Put them in while unloading from my truck and then while in a couple of feet of water, push them under and in.  In the water, it's not always that easy, but I'm in a drysuit anyway...
'15 Viking ProFish Reload, wasp
'11 Hobie Revo 13, skunk yellow
'12 Hobie Outfitter, dune (I'm the guy pedaling in the back)

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
I HAD a scupper kart for my AI.  Notice I said the word HAD.  Used/tried it 1x & up for sale it went.  The plug in model with a heavy yak was just too hard to lift, hold, plug/unplug, etc.  Going with a Wheel-Eze!

caleb

• Salmon
  • View Profile
It's not that easy putting a kayak on a regular cart either. I might make something to hold it up while I put the cart under it.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
With my PA, when ready to take out of the water, it is easy to pull it up on the beach just enough to roll it on it's side and slip the cart in the scupper holes.  Very easy.  Not a problem for me so I really don't understand what the complaints are about.  I USED to try to put it in the scupper holes while in the water, but the wheeleez float too much to do that well. 
I suppose if you have a bunch of crap in the Hobie, then rolling it on it's side might cause a yard sale, but I've got everything strapped down enough that it's not a bother for me. 

Taking off the trailer, I pull it off far enough to expose the scupper holes and again, roll it a bit on it's side (easier since it's half on/half off the trailer now than flat on the beach) and off we go! 

I'm gonna be 60 this year and if I can manage the scupper cart, then anyone can!  Ha!

Oh, I also have a saddle, style cart.  It's available for sale!  Looks like this;

Caleb, if you'd like to try my Hobie Wheeleez, I'm just up the road from you in Placerville area.  Maybe we can meet up at Natomas or Rancho Seco or something. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:58:14 PM by Ski Pro 3 -- Jerry »

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
You can cut several inches off of the posts of the plug in cart which makes it a lot easier to plug in when in the water and take out. Personally, I use the plug in cart 90% of the time and love it. I leave it in when I hoist it for storage. When I want to use it, lower it onto the wheels, roll it out to the car, lift the bow onto the hully rollers, unplug the cart and roll the yak onto the saddles. Never have to lift the full kayak weight.
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

Mienboy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
When I had My pa on a trailer I didn't use a cart.backed in to the water, but my trailer had 12" tires so I got the tires halfway into the water and just slide it right into the water

caleb

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I got the big wheeleez cart with a native mariner I bought today. Should I order the rail kit for use with the PA? I might be interested in trading for the Hobie plug in cart with the sand wheels.

anything