Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 10:04:01 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Albion Open 2011 results and thread  (Read 26075 times)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Sounds like another great NCKA outing! Congrats to Ben and all those who placed and took part in the fun. I hope to make it out there one of these years lol.

Ebyekewabjeget
2010 MBK Tournament Winner and new T-13 owner

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Here are some pics
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

Malibu_Two

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I too had a great time and it was nice to see in person a lot of faces that I'm so used to seeing only on my computer screen!

The potluck was kick ass. I hope a lot of you got to try my abalone ceviche  :smt001

As for fishing, I ended up with a 17" cabbie, and released a 22.5" ling and a would-be limit of gophers.
Too bad the weather wasn't one day ahead as yesterday looked flat calm the whole drive down Highway 1.

Many thanks to Craig and Linelle!
Andrew
May the fish be mighty and the seas be meek...

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
AWESOME!!!

WTG Scott!! VERY well deserved!!!   :smt006

Congrats on a great trip AND a salmon, Ryan!!!!!   :smt007

Roger, you da man bro!! Nice work!  :smt004

Brandi,WOOHOO!!!!

Missed you guys!!
 :smt006
Sincerely,

Jim
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:41:18 AM by BigJim »

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
WTG Craig, Looks and sounds like Albion was a huge success  :smt004
Sorry I missed it :smt012
Congrats to the winners, but then everyone wins at an NCKA event :smt002
Keep the pics coming,
Tad
 :smt006

WickedFisher

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2010
i just want to thank everyone for bein great friends and makin my first trip out on the ocean one to remember and thanks for all the help from the guys that passd on info...i had a hell of a time see you guys at the next one....i got ling fever now boys!!! :smt003

dpshim

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
Oh hell yes!!!!

Scott, awesome freaking job on taking 1st!! :D

Ryan, taking 2nd place along w/ a 20 lbs salmon is AWESOME!!  :smt007

Roger, well done my brother in placing 3rd. We'll be hooking up to do some fishing as well  :beer3

Craig and Linelle, thank you for putting this event together :worship Definitely see that everyone had lotsa fun! Jemille and I are looking forward to attending next year's event!

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Thanks Craig for putting on a great event. Scott Congrats on for well deserved victory( I only wish I would have follwed you back in and fished next to you) :smt010 . It seems that everyone I was fishing with ended up doing great. I headed up north on the fast drift and was able to land around 8 lings with nothing over 24. A few nice blacks but no cabs. Abman and I dove  on Sunday no fish but with vis was 25+ it was very enjoyable. saw a lot of bucket abs but not a lot of fish in the area but still love just swimming around . It was so flat on Sunday , one could only wish it would have been a day earlier. Family had a great time and can't wait till next year!
Later
Jimbo
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

fishshim

• Sea Lion
  • thanks for the pic PAL!
  • View Profile Mark Shimizu Design-Jewelry
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Congrats to Scott-GB2, and the other winners (everyone who attended)! :kick Another "Epic" NCKA get together.
I was set to come up but my Moms laid up so I am sticking close to home.
I'll bring extra "Chicken coconut-curry next year!"

birddog

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Craig,
Thanks for a great event.  Putting on such an event takes a lot of work.  More than most people realize so thanks a bunch. 

I had  a great time meeting many of the NCKAers and fishing was pretty good for me.  Saturday I couldn't keep the small lings off my hooks.  Ended with 7 lings kept 2 one 23 inches and one 24 a little fatty Cab and some small rock fish.  Ended with 9 pounds and something. It was a fun day.  The food was also amazing thanks to everyone who cooked.  Hope you guys liked the smoked wild turkey...it was pretty jucy and turned out pretty well. 

Anyway, hope to get to the ocean again soon.  Actually, I'll be fishing in Santa Cruz on Sunday with the Mudshark, if anyone wants to join us.

Joe.

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Where to begin?
Team Montana arrived on Wednesday, and got the three bedroom two bathroom, four car garage tent put up. Relaxed to the dancing flames of the campfire while Cody began crabbing.  Woke up and hit the cove for Cody's maiden voyage in a kayak into the big blue in the tandem with dad. Shilo was in tow with the prowler 13.  No fish to be had, in fact, not even one bite. It was a special time with mys on though, and it was well enjoyed. Friday morning, we all met at our camp to head to the charter boat. Special thanks to Noyo Fishing Center for working with me on the booking of the charter for two years in a row-please consider them for your charter fishing needs.  We had a near full boat and a great crew that tried their best to find biting fish. The ocean was unleashing its fury on our little charter boat, and unfortunately, several people got severely sea sick. I still have a bruise from hitting the rail over and over again.  The bite did turn on towards the end of the trip, and some really cool fish showed up, Alain Satre caught a tiger fish, which was super cool, and hopefully someone took a pic, a nice copper, quillback, rosies, gophers, lots of chinas, a cabbie, salmon, and some lings. The keeper lings went to Shilo Camp, the newly aquired member of Team Montana! Special thanks to Fisherman's Warehouse for the support and the donations to the kids/womens prize items! Shilo won the new rod for biggest fish, and every kid and woman on the charter recieved prizes and shwag, ranging from crabbing rings and snares to misc items donated by Naoki. Cody Brockman won a spinning combo for first fish, and Berta Knoles won most fish for the womens/kids on the boat. Congrats! Next year I hope the water gods are more kind to us and bless us with conditions like on Sunday! The charter raised $810 for the Mooch/Shicken fund!!! Thank you everyone that contributed!
Saturday, team Montana launched to rough water, and I was able to find a huge grassy right off the bat! Same exact spot I caught a big grassy last year as my first fish! Then I went on the big cabbie hunt to no love. Shilo was catching gophers and I was catching blues and blacks. Near the end, Shilo tucks into a pocket at the river mouth in a few feet of water and nails a ling! That put her in second place in the women's bracket. Congrats baby! I ended up with five fish, and the biggest being the grassie at 3 pounds 15 ounces.
Sunday, wow! Sunday.... Sheet of glass, and we launched and bee-lined to the boiler rock.  First drop I caught a small verm, and then a gazillion gophers and chinas. I kept the floaters, and released the fish that came from shallow water. I foul hooked a ling, and let it go. Shilo caught her first vermillion, which will be added to the trophy room mounts! It was an 18" specimen, undoubtedly she will catch larger, but this one is her first and is special. She also caught several small gophers and chinas. She tucked into her ling hole, and I heard all heck breaking loose, and I thought a seal was trying to board her kayak. It was a ling of epic proportions! I saw a tail break water, and thrash around like a thresher! Then she yells that it took it all! I thought she lost the rod too! Come to find out it broke off the big hammer swim bait she was using and she was not at all cool with that! She spent the next two hours trying to not just get that lingzilla, but her swimbait back!

Here are some pics of the weekend, and if charter boat pics were taken, please post them up too guys, thanks!
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
HellYa! Go Scott! Congrats buddy. And congrats to everyone else who won too.
The BIGgest Congrats goes to Craig & Linelle though. This is a great thing that you're doing---and you s/b proud! Thank you thank you thank you!
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Rockroach

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Hey Craig and Linelle....Thank you very much for putting this together. You 2 are awesome! Congratulations to all the winners. 
Rockwalker (IAN) and I left Thursday and met up with a few cats and did the Booneville stomp. After a few refreshing beverages, we motored up to camp with Cameron on our heels.  Once we setup camp and tapped the Double RedRocket, the party began!
I blew my load fishing Friday (2 lings, blacks,copper, 17"red, greenling) cause I couldn't get anything started Saturday. Conditions weren't the best and I ended up feeling like crap the rest of the day. Eating everybodies food helped out tho. NCKA has some serious Camp Cookies!
Hey NovatoDave and the gang, Thanks for the grub and talking steelhead.
Howard, I enjoyed hanging out with you and thank you for the photo gallery.   
My parents even showed up for most of the day monitoring the radio and checking out the catches. They were impressed with the diversity and camaraderie of the our group and even felt a little embarrassed because of everybody offering them food. Thanks guys
Melissa would like to say sorry to all those who couldn't hang with the Double RedRocket. :smt003. Her plan worked :smt005. 9.4abv has a way of f-ing you up.
~MarcosM~

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Really happy that you and Ian had a great time Marcos. Thanks again for the brewski dude!
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

fisheducator

• Sea Lion
  • North Valley Slayers
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Wow, that trip sounded awesome. Congrats to all the winners, and to Ryan for the pink meat.
Craig, you're the man for putting it together  :smt007, I just wish that I could have made the trip, :smt012, I'll try for next year.

Till then, tight lines to all. :smt001
Tim
Remember to practice safe knots, because big fish don't just break your line, they also break your heart.