Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:07:13 PM]

[Today at 08:09:27 PM]

[Today at 07:50:07 PM]

[Today at 07:29:14 PM]

[Today at 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[Today at 06:21:18 PM]

[Today at 06:03:14 PM]

[Today at 06:03:07 PM]

[Today at 06:01:09 PM]

[Today at 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[Today at 05:23:24 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: SOLD----2007 Tacoma, Price drop to $12500  (Read 1390 times)

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
Almost perfect, family has me upsizing,

$12500 firm for NCKA, $13,500 on craigslist , I have an written offer from CarMax so I'm firm at $12500 I will offload it by 10/25.

2007 Tacoma, double cab 2WD, limited slip, Pre-Runner, SR5, V6, 5spd auto, tow pkg white ex, grey cloth int.

Complete Tow package, factory trans-cooler,  after market proportional electric brake controller, 1000# AirLift system with onboard compressor.  Class IV, 2”, receiver, 7 pin plug, 6500# tow rating (factory)

123000, never in an accident, has a couple small parking lot door dings, interior is in great condition, no rips or stains. everything works.

never leaked a drop of oil, I have all maintenance records,

clear title in hand.
New OEM front rotors and pads,
Michelin truck tires at about 1/3 wear, 2/3 left
Tacoma Bed mat.
Rack not included but is negotiable.

ONE ISSUE- air bag problem light is on, there is a recall that MAY cover this, currently I plan to sell the vehicle AS IS.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:45:19 PM by Dale L »

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
bump for a price drop

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Not to be a Debbie downer Dale but I worked for Honda and when a airbag light came on , it typically had nothing to due with our recalls. It may or may not be the same for Toyota.

Honda's airbag recall was to replace only an airbag that could have deployed with possible fragments injuring its occupants. Not all airbags were recalled. During the inspection the airbag was removed and serial number was checked to see if part of recall. If it was part of the recall, it was replaced free of charge.

I am guessing you didn't have it diagnosed ? Hopefully Its an easy fix.
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
  • View Profile Knowledge is Power.
  • Date Registered: Jan 2016
I had the same problem with my 05. It should be covered by recall. Mine way. I believe the recall was for 05-10. Worth getting it checked anyway. Gonna be a bit hard to sell like that.
Joe Mag. Green/black WS Radar 135.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
The recall is definitely worth the time and there is usually no charge.It will hopefully take care of your airbag light and make it a lot easier to sell.
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I had the same problem with my 05. It should be covered by recall. Mine way. I believe the recall was for 05-10. Worth getting it checked anyway. Gonna be a bit hard to sell like that.

Same recall notice, not for defective air bags, recall is for the wiring to the bag. I made sure CarMax was aware of the airbag light so it's been considered in their offer and the offer was good enough so that if I can't get 12500 by selling it, I'll trade it in and take a little less with no extra costs or effort on my part.

I called one dealer about the recall since I never had it done, they said that since the light was already on they'd have to fix that (and charge me for it) before they could do the recall inspection, didn't sound right as the recall notice mentioned the light coming on and staying on, so I think the recall should cover it but the recall has been out for a long time so I guess I can see their point, no matter at this point it gets sold as is.

Considering what's available on the market and the condition of the truck I think 12500 is a great price, but of course I would  :smt044

It's been the best vehicle I have ever owned, II'd keep it but things change, need more room for grandkids.

Fishcomb

• Sea Lion
  • Banted by Moderators
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2012
You should try a different dealer. I would call Toyota of America and ask them to fix this problem if the dealer won't but it seems like there is a recall for the truck since 2012...... Recalls normally don't have an expiration date. You normally can't register a car in California if your car doesn't get a recall fixed.

Recall Number
12V092000
Recall Date
03/07/2012
Component
AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
Summary
TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005-2009 TACOMA VEHICLES, MANUFACTURED FROM SEPTEMBER 14, 2004, THROUGH AUGUST 29, 2008. OVER TIME, STEERING WHEEL VIBRATION MAY DAMAGE THE SPIRAL CABLE ASSEMBLY (CLOCKSPRING) THAT POWERS THE DRIVERS AIR BAG MODULE. IF DAMAGE OCCURS, THE AIR BAG WARNING LAMP WILL ILLUMINATE AND THE AIR BAG MAY BECOME DEACTIVATED.

Consequence
IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH, THE DRIVERS SIDE AIR BAG MAY NOT DEPLOY, INCREASING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY.

What Owners Should Do
TOYOTA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE SPIRAL CABLE ASSEMBLY, FREE OF CHARGE. AN INTERIM LETTER IS EXPECTED TO BE MAILED TO OWNERS DURING APRIL 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331.

try here and see if your VIN is part of a recall.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thanks for all the info and advice, yes it's the spiral cable recall, and if I was keeping the truck I'd either pursue it further with the local dealer, another dealer or Toyota.  And absolutely the truck would be easier to sell without the airbag issue, But, the offer from CarMax is good enough that I'm not into spending any more time or effort on the truck, with the added headache of continuing to try and sell it myself. 

With CarMax there's no headaches, no answering inquiries, no waiting around for people who don't show up, no test drives, no haggling, no smog check, etc,

It's a Tacoma in great condition, trouble free so far, new front brakes, (I replaced them with OEM parts from Toyota at 120K and they still had life but I figure 120K was a good run). Michelin Defender tires which will be my go to from now on, great tires.  In 123K I've added 1/2 pint of oil one time on a long hard trip in the Southwest.  Just a super vehicle but it's time to move on.

anything