Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:09:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Bass fishing tourist  (Read 460 times)

myyak8me

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
It's a weird day to post.  I can't get Las Vegas out of my head. Maybe this will change something in this country.  I don't know. But it feels better to think about some bass fishing right now.

I'm loading the wife, hamsters (3 small dogs) and the kayaks - then heading up the coast in May. I'll hit clear lake first -

already have reservations in Arcata(that's just a fun hangout for us)

then up to Oregon to ten mile lake. Who knows some bass lakes in Oregon?   Here's a list of bass spots in the west... any thoughts?

https://www.bassmaster.com/best-bass-lakes/slideshow/25-best-bass-lakes-western

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I don't really have anything to add about bass fishing in Oregon.

But man... you aren't kidding. What a seriously shitty day.

"Thoughts and prayers" just ain't cutting it anymore. We need some actual change...

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
What do you want to know?  May is a good time, spawn time for most lakes.  siltcoos, tahkenich, and tenmile are pretty close to one another, tenmile is probably better imo.  smallmouth are in the umpqua river and close enough by that area too.  There's lakes to fish inland too but may is absolutely brutal at some lakes for msquitos.  Just absolutely brutal.  Be ready for that.

Check the tournament permits with odfw for when you want to go, there is a popular bass circuit and those lakes get overrun with glitterboat traffic that you probably want to avoid and that might inform your decision on which lakes to hit up.

"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

myyak8me

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
What do you want to know?  May is a good time, spawn time for most lakes.  siltcoos, tahkenich, and tenmile are pretty close to one another, tenmile is probably better imo.  smallmouth are in the umpqua river and close enough by that area too.  There's lakes to fish inland too but may is absolutely brutal at some lakes for msquitos.  Just absolutely brutal.  Be ready for that.

Check the tournament permits with odfw for when you want to go, there is a popular bass circuit and those lakes get overrun with glitterboat traffic that you probably want to avoid and that might inform your decision on which lakes to hit up.
Thanks.  That is exactly some of the stuff I want to know.